Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All members here >> Please create a signature that contains order date and what you ordered.

Because when you post >> I got pushed, it means nothing if you order yesterday and it means a lot if your ordered the day after orders open.

Does this makes sense?

Look at my signature below as an example
I believe most people are on mobile devices when browsing this forum, and signatures don't show up by default unless your username is clicked on.

Assuming that EDDs are tied to a statistical production planning system and not say, lotto ping pong balls,

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 7.51.19 AM.png

I think it's reasonable to assume they're alternating runs to meet the existing orders using FIFO

Thats a perfectly reasonable assumption, yet, I have been here on TMC since late 2018, and have never seen any real indication that orders of Tesla follow any sort of First in First Out / "I got in line first" methodology. Geographical proximity? Sure. I have seen people who ordered a vehicle 6-7 weeks before someone else, who live in the same general region, talk about their orders and getting vins at roughly the same time.

Will be interesting to see if this tracker data ends up showing something different, but I dont think so. I think that when people really dig into it and start getting vins, people are going to find that its not really going to matter much if someone in Denver ordered 10 minutes after ordering became available, and someone else ordered two weeks later, if both of those people have similar orders (like both having black interior, or both having white interior) they are going to end up getting vins and their cars at roughly the same time.

I see what you are saying BUT I am not on mobile and the majority of members do not have a signature.

Thats a choice in your own individual preferences for the site. See screenshot of my own preferences. On right side, checkbox "show people signatures with their messages":

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 7.58.24 AM.png

Mine tightened an hour ago
Nice! Loving seeing these black interiors getting moved up! Hoping that means maybe there’s plans for black interior productions soon. Where you from/when order?

SG/black here ordered 4/23 in the evening in Midwest state. Went from 7/6-8/13 to 5/30 - 6/13 just a bit ago. No VIN yet and I know nothing set till you get one, but how do you not get excited from getting the EDD moved up? Lol and why would they even bother to move them up if there wasn’t any possibility that they’re thinking it could be sooner? I guess I’m just hopeful wishing.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I am not on mobile and I see your signature. BUT others I do not see it because most members don't have a signature.
Its not mandatory to have a signature here.

As for your "put your order in your signature" , the people who would likely be willing to do that probably already have that data in the tracker that was setup by someone.

Reactions: YForMeee
Just updated (Houston TX, SG/White, Ordered May 1)

EDD was: May 31 - June 28
EDD now: August 11 - September 22

I am not going to stress it because my 2022 Model S had a EDD of November and I got it in May. So, while these EDDs are fun to watch I have absolutely zero faith they mean anything at all.