Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Historically, the lowest an M3P has been listed at is $52,990 (in the U.S.), and people can reference this chart to see which quarters or months prices tend to drop:
So the early orderers also got the historical low today for "list" price of the M3P ... Nice!!! Although I don't belelve the historical tracker took the inventory discounts they gave on them clearing out before highland. There were some mad m3P inventory+rebate discount going on last December. But "list" / order pricing did remain at the $52,900. I have been wanting and watching for this M3P since the highland roomers last June.

Just think the latest refresh, M3, performance Mustang(I miss my 5.0), Hellcat, etc performance car would be marked up by the OEM and then over sticker demands by dealers if you were lucky enough to be buddies with them from prior orders to be honored to pay them too much. Tesla just sells you cost and play with the EDD monkey.

Last edited:
Guys I gotta be honest, the day one orders originally said May-June…it’s still May for another week and it seems like a lot of VINs are being assigned and people will get their cars in likely June. I really think things are going to tighten up and the original delivery windows will be made and then we can all stop checking this forum, the spreadsheet and the Tesla App all day every day ;)

So here’s a question I doubt anybody can answer. We picked up a model Y earlier this year in AZ and it had factory tint on passenger windows, rear and roof so I only had to do the front sides. Will that be the case on the M3P as well?
The model 3 doesn’t have any tint on the side windows or the back window from the factory.

I ordered 5/1 and I’d be shocked (yet pleasantly surprised) if I see the car before July.
When I ordered I told myself I would be very happy if I get the car before the end of July and thrilled if I get it by the end of June. Original EDD was June. Current EDD is 7/16 to 8/27.

Everytime I look at this thread, I try to remember that I will be very happy to get the car in July. The problem is, I want it now!!

Reactions: P-Lo801 and Sandee3
Guys I gotta be honest, the day one orders originally said May-June…it’s still May for another week and it seems like a lot of VINs are being assigned and people will get their cars in likely June. I really think things are going to tighten up and the original delivery windows will be made and then we can all stop checking this forum, the spreadsheet and the Tesla App all day every day ;)
But this is half the fun..... Closest thing to Christmas since we were 8yrs old.

M3P just arrived at Palm Beach Gardens, FL for the Gardens Mall showroom. I stopped in today and they walked me out to the parking lot where they’ve got it. They’re bringing it indoors tomorrow.

They said they were not permitted to open it. Glad I ordered black (4/29, black/black, EDD July 20 - August 31) because this one looks nice.

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9695.jpeg
    IMG_9695.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9698.jpeg
    IMG_9698.jpeg
    983.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9708.jpeg
    IMG_9708.jpeg
    924 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9706.jpeg
    IMG_9706.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 5
So the early orderers also got the historical low today for "list" price of the M3P ... Nice!!! Although I don't belelve the historical tracker took the inventory discounts they gave on them clearing out before highland. There were some mad m3P inventory+rebate discount going on last December. But "list" / order pricing did remain at the $52,900. I have been wanting and watching for this M3P since the highland roomers last June.

Just think the latest refresh, M3, performance Mustang(I miss my 5.0), Hellcat, etc performance car would be marked up by the OEM and then over sticker demands by dealers if you were lucky enough to be buddies with them from prior orders to be honored to pay them too much. Tesla just sells you cost and play with the EDD monkey.
I picked up one Dec 30th with $4590 off it, along with the $7500 tax credit, it was a 'steal'.

Reactions: sgtauto and JezzaE
M3P just arrived at Palm Beach Gardens, FL for the Gardens Mall showroom. I stopped in today and they walked me out to the parking lot where they’ve got it. They’re bringing it indoors tomorrow.

They said they were not permitted to open it. Glad I ordered black (4/29, black/black, EDD July 20 - August 31) because this one looks nice.
Whoa… stunning in black

The model 3 doesn’t have any tint on the side windows or the back window from the factory.
Good! Now I won't have to rip it off. I prefer the clear window look---even in AZ where it gets to 120+ degrees. Here's an interesting anecdote: my old car had super blacked-out tint with black "pleather" seats. My current M3P has clear windows and white seats. The M3P is *much* cooler. For those of you that went with the white seats, but haven't had them before, it's a game-changer! Also, I have horrible eye site, and clear windows are much safer for night visibility. Finally, in my experience, police are much less likely to mess with you when they can see inside your car. Think about it; people tend to fear what they can't see. Speaking of police, I initially regretted not getting the red paint, as it's really lovely in person. But after seeing the stealth grey on white at the showroom, I'm super happy with the choice. I think it looks the best overall and the grey is definitely more of a "sleeper" look than the red. Not a cop magnet!

Reactions: Lampras