Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah but have the ever called it that. They for sure hung the Pliad name in the Model S. But i have not officially seen the term Ludicrous in any Tesla media.
In literature, no. But some things are unspoken.

1716678136791.png

1716677965599.png

1716678107104.png

1716677998587.png

From their website:
High-Performance Brakes: Enhanced pedal feel and improved heat management ensure consistent braking at all speeds and across a wider temperature range.

No specific mention of the words “track pads” but maybe they are, and not explicitly stated. I’m sure others far more familiar with higher performance vehicles will have more (meaningful) input than I. Just sharing my impression, but I am no expert.

Edit: Someone above found a different spot on Teslas site that mentioned “track ready” brake pads. So I guess they are track pads?

@mpgxsvcd , @GreenHokie , any idea on whether the new Model 3P comes with actual track brake pads?

I wasn’t jamming my foot on them, so maybe I need to learn to “Brake differently”, like how Steve Jobs told people to hold their iPhones differently with the Antennagate issue lol

They could need to be bedded in, as well (thats the term I was taught for the process that @sgtauto described). Sometimes, especially with new, fancy style brake pads, they have a little bit of a glaze on them and need to be bedded in (the process of basically heating them up and scuffing them up some).

It can also happen if you dont use brakes for a while or lightly use them. I actually had to re bed in my brakes on my 2018 Model 3P because they started squeeking after a wash (and sitting for a bit).

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
@mpgxsvcd , @GreenHokie , any idea on whether the new Model 3P comes with actual track brake pads?

This is moving so fast that my post got buried in 3 minutes.

"For more braking performance, our track-ready brake pads now come standard on Model 3 Performance*, delivering more immediate deceleration and higher thermal limits and endurance."

In the past, they were a part of the track package. The pads alone were $800. https://shop.tesla.com/product/2017-2023-_-model-3-track-package

Source: https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-new-model-3-performance

Haha oh man, look at the thread this morning think it was at 217-218 and get on during my break at work and ten pages of catching up 😆😆😆 love to see everyone getting VINS

Mine is still showing July 11-August 7 ordered May 1st. Really hoping I see a VIN assignment soon. If not extra time to get ready for it but man oh man seeing all these delivery windows, just gets me more excited!

Congrats to those who have taken delivery or will be the next few days!

Reactions: BMWY and bolduser31
This just happened 🤯Finally took delivery! I wanted to share some quick photos with my TMC fam along with an initial first impression before I go out and have more fun with my new ride. This is the first Tesla I've owned and the first red car I've ever owned. Let me start out with the Ultra Red, its even more amazing in person and has this chameleon like quality where its shade will change on you depending on the lighting. Today was a foggy day here in Socal which brought out this nice darker tone of the ultra red. It was between white or ultra red and just happy I went out of my comfort zone. As for the ride, I've driven various Teslas from family and friends including a 2022 M3P. But I wouldn't be the best person to comment on comparison between this M3P gen vs. the last. But just as car in its own, its everything I could've dreamed of. The drive, ride, turns, speed, and acceleration just blows me away. I've owned some fast cars throughout my lifetime (BMW M3, etc...) but this is something else. I still have more driving to do to really soak it all in but its really love at first sight or should I say love at first ride with this new M3P. I can't see how this car will disappoint any new owner. Now back to more driving....more pics/feedback later 😜

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png

This is moving so fast that my post got buried in 3 minutes.

"For more braking performance, our track-ready brake pads now come standard on Model 3 Performance*, delivering more immediate deceleration and higher thermal limits and endurance."

In the past, they were a part of the track package. The pads alone were $800. https://shop.tesla.com/product/2017-2023-_-model-3-track-package

Source: https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-new-model-3-performance
There ya go. yeah this thread moves FAAST heh....

That makes sense about the delivery center being swamped with Model Y deliveries. I drove by last week and saw nothing but Model Ys parked in every conceivable spot with customers standing around. Us M3P customers are honestly small fish in the wide view, but I do agree with you that Tesla's Q2 delivery performance will be driven by the Model Y financing incentive. The question is, does that kill demand if they don't keep some incentive going for the 2nd half of the year?
I think a lot of corporate strategizing and planning has been around the thought that we were in a soft landing for inflation adjustments and would be able to see an increase in new car sales once the FED lowered interest rates, keeping sales on pace with the Q2 offering. That may not happen now, but Juniper could be announced soon, M2 could also be revealed, and there is the robotaxi thing in August which may have some near term revenue generation that we don't know about yet.... Its all conjecture at this point

Reactions: eeeric
This just happened 🤯Finally took delivery! I wanted to share some quick photos with my TMC fam along with an initial first impression before I go out and have more fun with my new ride. This is the first Tesla I've owned and the first red car I've ever owned. Let me start out with the Ultra Red, its even more amazing in person and has this chameleon like quality where its shade will change on you depending on the lighting. Today was a foggy day here in Socal which brought out this nice darker tone of the ultra red. It was between white or ultra red and just happy I went out of my comfort zone. As for the ride, I've driven various Teslas from family and friends including a 2022 M3P. But I wouldn't be the best person to comment on comparison between this M3P gen vs. the last. But just as car in its own, its everything I could've dreamed of. The drive, ride, turns, speed, and acceleration just blows me away. I've owned some fast cars throughout my lifetime (BMW M3, etc...) but this is something else. I still have more driving to do to really soak it all in but its really love at first sight or should I say love at first ride with this new M3P. I can't see how this car will disappoint any new owner. Now back to more driving....more pics/feedback later 😜

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png
beautiful - keep the pics coming and some reviews ... enjoy the ride

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png
Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your ride!! The red looks awesome. I too am stepping out of my comfort zone, and going red. Can’t wait! 🚀

Reactions: Sandee3

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png
Congrats! What service center in SoCal did you pick up from?

Reactions: YForMeee
i've added a payment type dropdown to make it easier (except on the random cells that are locked for some reason)... also added a pie chart with this new detail on the Data Worksheet tab (since the Graphs one is locked)
I don't know why those cells were locked. I fixed the few. I locked the graphs because people kept vandalizing the charts. I'll move the new chart over. Is the color combo chart lost for good? I saw your comment but for some reason comments on there are hard to read sometimes.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png
Ultra red is the move. It looks awesome on a cloudy day, so chromatic and full of depth. Glad you were able to get delivery today! 🥳

Reactions: Sandee3
I think we'll see an OTA update that gives us ludicrous speed. Right now they are trying to keep a version of the car inside of the tax credit.

Remember, launch mode is only worth anything on ICE. It gets the RPMs up so the engine can make torque. We will not get cheetah mode, we don't have air suspension.

The badge is ludicrous speed. It's undebatable.
Yeah but have the ever called it that. They for sure hung the Pliad name in the Model S. But i have not officially seen the term Ludicrous in any Tesla

I believe the “check website source code” where people learned about the P before it was released did indeed say Ludicrous. But that was internal/hidden on the page as rendered, just a back door hack people figured.

I expect they used that as a working name, possibly even intent. But then changed it to just standard “Performance” term.
Yeah now that you mention that I vaguely remember that being mentioned.

Reactions: GuyFromAz