Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the M3P highland come with this adapter https://shop.tesla.com/product/sae-j1772-charging-adapter

or the mobile charger?

Edit: It also looks like 70% of release date orders (4/23) have assigned vins!!! Early/mid may orders and some late may orders have been getting their vins as well. The atmosphere from the thread went from "where is my VIN" to mods, which is amazing seeing all of us get our cars slowly. Reddit is reporting mid-may order VINs and deliveries as well. Props to tesla for getting our cars out

Last edited:
So this is a really dumb question but I’ll ask anyways. Would it be possible to accept delivery of the vehicle without actually being there in person? Just concerned that I might be out of town and it might be a few days past the 14 day hold they would place on the vehicle.
We have two people on the registration for our M3P and they won't let me pick it up without the other person who's on the registration also being there in person.

Yup. I'm waiting
Has anyone tried the Haloblk floor mats? They look good with secured carpet on top of the rubber slab.
IMG_4838.jpeg

They must be flying it in just for you since it seems the rest of us Denverites have either received no VIN or those that have seem to still not have taken delivery. I know the hail screwed it up but I wonder where all the cars have gone.
You have to keep in mind that this forum (and tracker) are a small sample size of all orders, so there could be a dozen m3p in a certain "shipment" but only one or two people on here that we know of. We have to take this tracker data with a grain of salt, because as helpful as it can be, it's also not telling the whole story of all orders and deliveries.

Does the M3P highland come with this adapter https://shop.tesla.com/product/sae-j1772-charging-adapter

or the mobile charger?

Edit: It also looks like 70% of release date orders (4/23) have assigned vins!!! Early/mid may orders and some late may orders have been getting their vins as well. The atmosphere from the thread went from "where is my VIN" to mods, which is amazing seeing all of us get our cars slowly. Reddit is reporting mid-may order VINs and deliveries as well. Props to tesla for getting our cars out
Only comes J1772. You have to buy the mobile charger. There are always a ton of peeps selling the mobile charger on FB marketplace

or the mobile charger?

Yes, your car will come with a J1772 adapter. It will also come with a USB drive. On delivery, check to make sure the car has both.

However, your car will NOT come with the mobile charger. I bought one before delivery direct from Tesla separately from my car purchase. And yes, i got an earful from my wife about buying a 50k EV and it doesn't come with a charger. Stay single guys...

Yes, your car will come with a J1772 adapter. It will also come with a USB drive. On delivery, check to make sure the car has both.

However, your car will NOT come with the mobile charger. I bought one before delivery direct from Tesla separately from my car purchase. And yes, i got an earful from my wife about buying a 50k EV and it doesn't come with a charger. Stay single guys...
I overcame that problem by buying my wife a $60k EV that didn't come with a charger instead. Then she can't complain about mine now.

You have to keep in mind that this forum (and tracker) are a small sample size of all orders, so there could be a dozen m3p in a certain "shipment" but only one or two people on here that we know of. We have to take this tracker data with a grain of salt, because as helpful as it can be, it's also not telling the whole story of all orders and deliveries.
I know, I was just joking. And who knows how many replacements had to be sent from the hail.

Reactions: KGinCO
Nice! Congrats! That is such a quick turnaround. Ordered 04/25/24 and still awaiting a VIN.

Picked up my new grey M3P Saturday. The hype is real. The best parallel i can make is that Tesla engineering improved the EV performance, handling, etc., and if feels like it was built by Audi, BMW, Mercedes. (My prior 3 cars were Audi A7, A7 and S5) This is not your typical Tesla build quality. I’m coming from a 2021 M3P, that i sold the day after picking up my new vehicle, so i was able to drive them back to back. The new car is materially better in all respects. Most of the complaints i had with my prior vehicle have been resolved with this new model The thud the door makes when I close it makes me smile. I’d prefer stalks, but even that is growing on me.

If anyone knows how to remove the larger aero inserts, please let me know or point me to a post or video. Thanks.
Have you driven the new one at night? How do the headlights compare to the old one? I’ve read the headlights are worse in the new one.

lol I just changed my order from blue/black to white/black because well I’ve always had white cars and I like the contrast.
What day did you order? I’m considering changing to blue as I don’t have a VIN yet just worried about it pushing back my EDD as I’m going through a buy back with Ford so I may have be up being without a vehicle for a little bit if it does push back my EDD.

Reactions: jose3030
Not sure if anyone noticed but just checked teslas website. Now if you order sg/black or sg/white it says EDD is July-August 2024. I didn’t try all the color combos, but looks like it’s getting pushed out further.
It is July/August for every combination now. It is going to be interesting seeing what Tesla’s number of cars produced is for Q2. Selling this many Model 3s has to help their numbers. That and the low interest rate on the Model Ys.

I think everyone talking about Tesla’s demise because of the bad Q1 numbers will be regretting they said that now.

Reactions: jose3030