Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is July/August for every combination now. It is going to be interesting seeing what Tesla’s number of cars produced is for Q2. Selling this many Model 3s has to help their numbers. That and the low interest rate on the Model Ys.

I think everyone talking about Tesla’s demise because of the bad Q1 numbers will be regretting they said that now.
Noticed that too. And also took a quick look at the Earlier Pickup Available inventory to see they are offering discounted pricing on the rear wheel drive and long range variants. Discount ranged from $1,500 to $2,000.

Awesome performance car set with the z51 with the added aero! I’m interested in getting your comparison as acceleration stats look almost identical on paper. Also how does the Adaptive Suspension compare to the Magnetic Ride Control? If only Tesla had a new Ludicrous / Performance drivers school like Chevy, Cadillac,BMW, AMG…
Launching between the two is similar with the Vette being more agresssive and a bit quicker. Tesla is smoother and pulls harder passed 60 then my old performance did. Magnetic ride control is better then adaptive system in the Tesla but the change between the two settings is noticeable, the ride is improved and it hugs the road much better then my older performance, especially around corners. I plan to take it to an SCCA event to get a better idea how well it performs. But I was very impressed on my initial ride home, the car has improved substantially over the original performance.

The red in these pictures looks unbelievably good - would love to hear your impressions as a c8 owner. How are you gonna use the m3p? Daily driver? Looks like you have a truck too... what a great combination of cars, I'm so jealous.
Thanks! The M3P a fantastic compliment to the C8. Both are exciting to drive in their own way. The C8 is more aggressive in its feel as it should be. The M3P will be my daily, I had a M3AWD that I put over 100k on and loved it. I did buy a 23 M3P but there were issues and Tesla had to buy it back. I decided to wait for the new M3P and I am glad I did! The truck is awesome too but the lease is up this month so we got a great deal on a diesel Jeep Gladiator to replace that, so now we have the best of all worlds 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
What day did you order? I’m considering changing to blue as I don’t have a VIN yet just worried about it pushing back my EDD as I’m going through a buy back with Ford so I may have be up being without a vehicle for a little bit if it does push back my EDD.
There was a member who changed his order yesterday and then received a VIN after the change. I don’t think you can assume your EDD will be delayed if you make a change.

BTW … I changed my color yesterday also. Let’s see if my EDD changes

It is July/August for every combination now. It is going to be interesting seeing what Tesla’s number of cars produced is for Q2. Selling this many Model 3s has to help their numbers. That and the low interest rate on the Model Ys.

I think everyone talking about Tesla’s demise because of the bad Q1 numbers will be regretting they said that now.
I'm sure there are numerous sets of numbers but aren’t the numbers that really matter are for deliverables because they don’t get the money until it’s delivered correct?

You have to keep in mind that this forum (and tracker) are a small sample size of all orders, so there could be a dozen m3p in a certain "shipment" but only one or two people on here that we know of. We have to take this tracker data with a grain of salt, because as helpful as it can be, it's also not telling the whole story of all orders and deliveries.
Actually I’m hoping mine is in that shipment as well! I have a vin and estimated delivery of June 13-20 🤞. No notification to schedule delivery yet - I actually hope I can do a different location, Im up in northern Colorado and hate driving to Aurora.

Reactions: KGinCO
Yes, your car will come with a J1772 adapter. It will also come with a USB drive. On delivery, check to make sure the car has both.

However, your car will NOT come with the mobile charger. I bought one before delivery direct from Tesla separately from my car purchase. And yes, i got an earful from my wife about buying a 50k EV and it doesn't come with a charger. Stay single guys...
I wonder what would happen if I "accidentally" kept the mobile charger from my 2021 LR that I'm trading in.