Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So hypothetically, what if you agreed to take delivery on a certain date, and then didn't show up? And then apologetically promised to show up in another 3 days. And then did it again. And then finally show up after 9 days to take the car.

Asking for a friend.

1717766906139.jpeg

…and this is why all these rules were created lol.

Oh, you want to run a square setup with 275s upfront? You'd have to swap them and see if you get any fender rub. I have to imagine they will stick out past the fender a bit. A wider tire is one thing on a 265, keep in mind the rears here have different offset, not just wider rubber.

Edit, looks like you guys took care of this while I was getting my beauty sleep.
Unplugged put 19x9.5 with 275 square setup on their two they picked up on youtube video. 275 will fit not sure if on the stock 20

Reactions: M3PDenver
Anyone from South FL. (Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale area) taking delivery this week or next week? I woke up to my order being pushed for the 8th or 9th time but this time only by a day. I know I’m being paranoid but my concern is that somehow my order is given to someone else and I get a BS excuse that pushes me back. I know a few post ago a member said he got reassigned a new VIN while getting excuses from the SA then being dodged. That sounds shady AF to me. I’ve had my VIN for weeks and have not been able to schedule a pickup/delivery date while others say they could make an appointment shortly after receiving a VIN. I was being very patient but that last story and my recent push back has definitely shifted me into a different gear. I think I will stop by the SC as soon as I get out from work or tomorrow morning.

I requested the part in the app > Service, so we'll see if the tech can add the part to my order and do the install. Scheduled for next Thurs, so I'll let the thread know if they can do it.

As an aside, I tried to get MyQ to work in the meantime. Very strange, adding it on the car brings up a QR code to scan. Scanning it goes to a webpage, where Chamberlain says that the webpage is no longer active, and to add it directly on the car. So I closed all that, put my spare garage opener in the cupholder, and will patiently wait until Thursday.

Homelink really is ideal for me, as I use it to access my parents' and sister's homes. And if I don't want to pay a MyQ subscription, having three households pay it is not great.
I've been going back and forth deciding between MyQ and Homelink. MyQ is $300 for a 10yr sub and Homelink is $350. I already have MyQ installed in my garage ($30) where I can control the door from my watch or phone. The signal path is roughly this: watch/phone sends data via internet through LTE/5G/wifi to MyQ server --> Server sends data to my MyQ device via internet then routed through my wifi. There's a fair amount of lag in this process ranging from 3 to 15 seconds depending on signal quality and internet traffic.
The advantage I see for Homelink is that it's a direct RF garage door signal emitting device not dependent on internet connection signal quality and 3rd party server response time. I may just go with Homelink.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I requested the part in the app > Service, so we'll see if the tech can add the part to my order and do the install. Scheduled for next Thurs, so I'll let the thread know if they can do it.

As an aside, I tried to get MyQ to work in the meantime. Very strange, adding it on the car brings up a QR code to scan. Scanning it goes to a webpage, where Chamberlain says that the webpage is no longer active, and to add it directly on the car. So I closed all that, put my spare garage opener in the cupholder, and will patiently wait until Thursday.

Homelink really is ideal for me, as I use it to access my parents' and sister's homes. And if I don't want to pay a MyQ subscription, having three households pay it is not great.
When they do the install, can you ask what's the part # they used? And if you see the install, try to take notes on what was done (I'd like to install it myself... Should be a 15m job)

Reactions: sgtauto
When they do the install, can you ask what's the part # they used? And if you see the install, try to take notes on what was done (I'd like to install it myself... Should be a 15m job)
Will do! Yeah agreed, seems like an easy install if they can find the part no. But I recall that newer model Teslas need to have activation of Homelink done by a tech. In any case my old M3LR had the Homelink in the bumper, so I didn't want/ didn't have enough time to get to it

Let's recalculate the total power output using 20 amps per battery, and then convert it to horsepower.

Given:
- Voltage per cell (V) = 4.2 volts
- Current per cell (I) = 20 amps
- Total number of cells = 4,416

First, calculate the power output of a single cell:

P_single = 4.2 volts * 20 amps = 84 watts

Next, multiply this by the total number of cells to get the total power output:

P_total = 84 watts/cell * 4,416 cells

Let's do the multiplication:

P_total = 84 * 4,416
P_total = 370,944 watts
P_total = 370.944 kW

Now, convert the power from kilowatts to horsepower:

370.944 kW * 1.341 HP/kW approx 497.222 HP

Therefore, the total power output when all cells are fully charged and producing 4.2 volts at 20 amps each is approximately 497.2 horsepower.

There is a possibility of short term boost though:
Some claim a max 24.8A/cell in Tesla, which would result in 615HP
I would like to know where you got the numbers. The Voltage and Amperage of each cell.

At this rate we're gonna need to throw regional Pity Parties
I had a rep tell me on Tuesday that they wouldn't recommend changing the interior color because it will put me at the back of the line. I decided to change the interior color anyway on Wednesday morning. A few hours later I got a VIN.
I would reply back and let them know, obviously in a cordial manner, so they don't spread the same false statement in the future.

Reactions: xianking
I've been going back and forth deciding between MyQ and Homelink. MyQ is $300 for a 10yr sub and Homelink is $350. I already have MyQ installed in my garage ($30) where I can control the door from my watch or phone. The signal path is roughly this: watch/phone sends data via internet through LTE/5G/wifi to MyQ server --> Server sends data to my MyQ device via internet then routed through my wifi. There's a fair amount of lag in this process ranging from 3 to 15 seconds depending on signal quality and internet traffic.
The advantage I see for Homelink is that it's a direct RF garage door signal emitting device not dependent on internet connection signal quality and 3rd party server response time. I may just go with Homelink.
I just hook my garage door opener on my door panel down by the bottle holder.