Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like all the folks with VINs so far ordered the white interior. Interesting how the tables have turned! All the Highland LR orders with white interiors got heavily delayed. My Service Advisor specifically told me to go for a black interior when ordering to get the M3P sooner.
Are all of the VINs so far for cars where they switched from a white seats LR or RWD to a Performance with white seats. It would make sense to get cars for those people first.

Reactions: hkarthik
It's a discussion because we've got confirmed reports of the following situations:

A buyer in the East Coast orders on launch date 4/28 and has an EDD of July.

A different buyer in West Coast orders a week later on 5/3 and has an EDD of June.

The spread between order time is less than 1 week, but the delivery time is spread apart by a month or more. That's non-obvious and suggests it's more than simple vehicle delivery logistics at play.
As mentioned before, you cannot go off those EDD, even the ones that have "specific date range" and for sure when it just shows a month.
Looks like all the folks with VINs so far ordered the white interior. Interesting how the tables have turned! All the Highland LR orders with white interiors got heavily delayed. My Service Advisor specifically told me to go for a black interior when ordering to get the M3P sooner.
I think it has more to do with LR orders delayed and them getting those that switch delivered. Most 3P out in showrooms are black interior

I've got my VIN as well and pickup date june 7th 2024 in the Netherlands. Just keep your eye on the documents folder in the tesla app. There was the final invoice already, while there was nothing to be seen (and still isn't) on the main screen of the new Model 3 in the app
I think the final invoice would be generated once VIN is assigned. You can check VIN by clicking on Vehicle details at top left side on the app. I don’t know you get any notification at VIN assignment.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I think the final invoice would be generated once VIN is assigned. You can check VIN by clicking on Vehicle details at top left side on the app. I don’t know you get any notification at VIN assignment.
I understand. What I meant is, that when I click at top left, there is still ---- at VIN, but it still could already be visible in the top right side header of the final invoice, like in my case!
So in other words: VIN assignment--> Final Invoice WITH VIN and Delivery Date--->After considerable delay (in my case more than 1 day already)
visible in app main page