Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long are we seeing from vin assignment to delivery typically? Hoping this two week window is quite accurate for my delivery
Someone looked at the spreadsheet a while back and determined that there were no deliveries more than 18 days after VIN assignment, so that's what I've been going off of.

I just had mine assigned this morning, my SA said it's tentatively looking like the 25th of this month.

Someone posted yesterday that the average is 11 days but that’s completely dependent on location. I think some in Cali have seen it in like 2 days.
Well, a lot of us in Northern Cali live 15mins from Fremont. I drive by the HQ and factory almost everyday. Even if you live in SoCal, its only 5.5 hours away. Makes sense our lead times are shorter, no travel or minimal travel at most. Still praying for everyone across the country though, sucks that some get things faster but was the same during the pandemic. We got a lot of things faster because all the boats from China dock here on the west coast. Good luck to everyone, seems like there is barely any consistency to this process at all.

Good to know
I got some more information from a coworker who is currently a motor officer and with a detective supervisor who investigates fatal traffic collisions.

- Depending on who pulls you over and what time of day, you can be cited for "unsafe vehicle" (24002 CVC), which is not a correctible violation.
- If you get into a traffic collision, whether it be a minor fender bender, a serious collision with injuries, or God forbid, a fatal traffic collision, having your front windshield tinted will work against you civilly and possibly criminally.
- The motor also told me that even with a medical exemption, the tint has to be capable of being easily removable for driving during hours of darkness and cannot be permanent tint.

FWIW

I got some more information from a coworker who is currently a motor officer and with a detective supervisor who investigates fatal traffic collisions.

- Depending on who pulls you over and what time of day, you can be cited for "unsafe vehicle" (24002 CVC), which is not a correctible violation.
- If you get into a traffic collision, whether it be a minor fender bender, a serious collision with injuries, or God forbid, a fatal traffic collision, having your front windshield tinted will work against you civilly and possibly criminally.
- The motor also told me that even with a medical exemption, the tint has to be capable of being easily removable for driving during hours of darkness and cannot be permanent tint.

FWIW
Welp, lets hope I can last 3 years without having to remove and replace it.

Reactions: zeroifex
Well, a lot of us in Northern Cali live 15mins from Fremont. I drive by the HQ and factory almost everyday. Even if you live in SoCal, its only 5.5 hours away. Makes sense our lead times are shorter, no travel or minimal travel at most. Still praying for everyone across the country though, sucks that some get things faster but was the same during the pandemic. We got a lot of things faster because all the boats from China dock here on the west coast. Good luck to everyone, seems like there is barely any consistency to this process at all.
What's wild is those of us in Norcal are waiting longer than our friends in Socal who won't even give us a discount for Disneyland tickets which are for SoCal residents only!

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki