Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the plunge Tuesday night. Replacing my 2020 M3P stealth with a full performance model. I haven't been on here since I purchased my wife's YLR last year, didn't there used to be a thread that people posted the interest rates they got purchasing a Tesla? Anyone able to brag about a decent APR in these ridiculous financial times? I got a decent one for my wife through US Senate FCU, wonder if there's one that's better

I've heard people talk about the "Stealth Performance" vehicles before -- how do those even happen? Am I correct in that it's a Performance vehicle with 18 or 19 wheels (and not the 20s)? The Website configurator doesn't even offer that as an option (pick Performance, and there are no wheel choices to make).

What is the earliest anyone go their confirmation email? I got mine at 12:24 pm Eastern on Tuesday 4/23/2024. I was just wondering when ordering actually went live that day? Was anyone earlier than this?

IMG_4893.jpeg

I've heard people talk about the "Stealth Performance" vehicles before -- how do those even happen? Am I correct in that it's a Performance vehicle with 18 or 19 wheels (and not the 20s)? The Website configurator doesn't even offer that as an option (pick Performance, and there are no wheel choices to make).
My fuzzy recollection is that in the early days of M3P the "first delivered" vehicles didn't have some "upgrades" that came soon after. Some buyers upgraded (for a fee) to the new bits, some didn't. The ones that didn't started calling it "stealth" as (IMO) a coping mechanism. Some "didn't want" the "upgrades" at any price, so that played into the naming/talk. Kind of like how people talk about their cars as "unicorns" when they are rare even if it means the "characteristics that are unique" are kind of awful.

My fuzzy recollection is that in the early days of M3P the "first delivered" vehicles didn't have some "upgrades" that came soon after. Some buyers upgraded (for a fee) to the new bits, some didn't. The ones that didn't started calling it "stealth" as (IMO) a coping mechanism. Some "didn't want" the "upgrades" at any price, so that played into the naming/talk. Kind of like how people talk about their cars as "unicorns" when they are rare even if it means the "characteristics that are unique" are kind of awful.
Gotcha! Yeah I never grasped how one "configured" one of those since they don't seem to be possible on the website. Hence, the "Stealth" I suppose! :).

Ordered an ultra red/ black interior on the 23rd. Wanted the white interior but it was a choice of the ultra red or white seats to qualify for the ev credit(3 young kids with white seats may not work well). Hoping Tesla will offer the supercharger transfer from my current 2015 Model S before delivery date as they did last quarter.

First month M3P here.

Car came with 20" rims, "lower" suspension (I can't recall if this was real or BS), and better brakes. The cars did not come with their spoiler or badges; those were installed later.

The rims, suspension, and brakes were part of a "performance upgrade package" and at one point you could order a P without the PUP. So you basically got a LR w/the power for the P and 18" rims. It was somewhere between 3 and 5k cheaper.

I could be wrong, but that's my recollection.