Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this text from Tesla:

IMG_2528.jpeg

I still don’t have a VIN. Is this a routine reminder or is this potentially pointing to some long awaited progress soon? Did anyone get this right before receiving some good news?

I also got the same message with no reply back yet, has it just been East coast people who got it? Seems like it so far anyway
Messaged Tesla in app just now, but doubt i'll get a reply. I just figured it was some canned response since I messaged in app yesterday looking for an update
Well hopefully this means they are getting ready to ramp up deliveries in east coast? We can only hope.

BAD NEWS!

My SA found me a M3P sitting on a lot last Sunday and gave me the VIN and today was delivery day. I refused the delivery due to some issues:

- misaligned hood ... when closed it was touching the front bumper section
- misaligned front driver's side fender
- misaligned rear passenger side fender
- rear paint chip on the rear trunk area. You could only see it once you popped open the trunk

After refusing delivery I was told I would have to take the next car or lose my deposit. And my VIN immediately disappeared from my app. So back in line I go.

GOOD News .. the White/black M3P I just refused (8 miles) is available (Silver Spring MD location ). And the 4 below are available .. the bottom 2 are demo/display .. 156 miles and less than 50 miles. .. these are the only 5 unspoken M3Ps in the entire country as of 2 hours ago: If you ordered early BEFORE the price hike, all 5 are eligible for the $7500 .. in that your price is the price when you ordered. Not sure if it is obvious in the pic but the 4 below are Blue, White, Blue and SG

the view below is not available to the public.

1718827981091.png

1718828027036.png

Last edited:
BAD NEWS!

My SA found me a M3P sitting on a lot last Sunday and gave me the VIN and today was delivery day. I refused the delivery due to some issues:

- misaligned hood ... when closed it was touching the front bumper section
- misaligned front driver's side fender
- misaligned rear passenger side fender
- rear paint chip on the rear trunk area. You could only see it once you popped open the trunk

After refusing delivery I was told I would have to take the next car or lose my deposit. And my VIN immediately disappeared from my app. So back in line I go.

GOOD News .. the White/black M3P I just refused (8 miles) is available (Silver Spring MD location ). and the 4 below are available .. the bottom 2 are demo/display .. 156 miles and less than 50 miles. .. these are the only 5 unspoken M3Ps in the entire country as of 2 hours ago: If you ordered early BEFORE the price hike, all 5 are eligible for the $7500 .. in that your price is the price when you ordered. Not sure if it is obvious in the pic but the 4 below are Blue, White, Blue and SG

View attachment 1057889

View attachment 1057890
Paying full price for a demo car feels...bad. How many people have farted in your seat already? I'll keep waiting 😂

Paying full price for a demo car feels...bad. How many people have farted in your seat already? I'll keep waiting 😂
Yeah I would NEVER purchase a demo car at full price. But to each their own.

NO one treats a demo car nice because they know it’s not going to be their car. People are leaning on them and touching the paint all over. When I am looking at a demo car I’m pressing on areas and opening and shutting things to see how sturdy they are. I’m pulling on the rear spoiler to see how well it’s attached.

Yeah no way I’m paying full price lol

Reactions: z335is
GOOD News .. the White/black M3P I just refused (8 miles) is available (Silver Spring MD location ). And the 4 below are available .. the bottom 2 are demo/display .. 156 miles and less than 50 miles. .. these are the only 5 unspoken M3Ps in the entire country as of 2 hours ago: If you ordered early BEFORE the price hike, all 5 are eligible for the $7500 .. in that your price is the price when you ordered. Not sure if it is obvious in the pic but the 4 below are Blue, White, Blue and SG

Thanks for passing that on.
Blue with white interior is eligible for the $7500 at original pricing?

So I just received a mysterious text from tesla asking me to complete all my pre delivery tasks before taking delivery of my car. I have already completed all the tasks that it lets me complete without a vin and edd in july-august. I still dont have a vin and edd remains same. I texted them back asking what else need to be done and no reply from them. Anybody else encountered this?
Yep, got the same a few weeks ago. Was told it was just a formality. Still no vin

Thanks for passing that on.
Blue with white interior is eligible for the $7500 at original pricing?
Sign into your account and modify your order. In other words pick blue and white interior and look at the price. If you under 55k then you will get the 7500. You can modify your order and see the price before you decide to change your order. I hope this makes sense.

Btw .. they will not ship these cars. You have to go to the dealerships to pick them up

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tone228
OK, wow. Thanks. I just used plaid to pay for my M3P - That was super easy and fast, except, you know, I don't have the car yet. I felt a bit uneasy connecting my checking account but I'm going to change my password soon.
Maybe I'll get an actual delivery date now, fingers crossed.
I'm pretty sure changing the password doesn't affect it, since plaid connects to your account via token and not password. You would have to disable plaid access from inside the bank app (that's how it is in BofA and Chase)

Reactions: HBDesiato
Sign into your account and modify your order. In other words pick blue and white interior and look at the price. If you under 55k then you will get the 7500. You can modify your order and see the price before you decide to change your order. I hope this makes sense.

Btw .. they will not ship these cars. You have to go to the dealerships to pick them up
This doesn't apply to everyone. I was a first day order (1pm PST) and as far back as I can remember, I have not been able to modify my order in the "manage order" page. I asked Tesla if I could modify my order in early June, and I was told that it would revert to current pricing if i did. So i'm not sure why there's inconsistency with this, but i'm also not surprised.

So I just received a mysterious text from tesla asking me to complete all my pre delivery tasks before taking delivery of my car. I have already completed all the tasks that it lets me complete without a vin and edd in july-august. I still dont have a vin and edd remains same. I texted them back asking what else need to be done and no reply from them. Anybody else encountered this?
just an automated message

This doesn't apply to everyone. I was a first day order (1pm PST) and as far back as I can remember, I have not been able to modify my order in the "manage order" page. I asked Tesla if I could modify my order in early June, and I was told that it would revert to current pricing if i did. So i'm not sure why there's inconsistency with this, but i'm also not surprised.
I was told the same but I was able to do it and helped 2 others on this forum to do the same.

MY SA initial response was we can’t then he started the process was surprised that he could

I'm planning on getting a new set of wheels with winter tires so i can just swap out the wheels in the winter and summer. Not sure what im going with yet.
I really really need someone to try on the photon wheels. The Tesla store is still showing that the 18" snow tires will fit all 2024+ model 3s but I just don't believe it yet. If so, i'm going to get someone's used 18" photon all weathers for my model 3 performance.

I really really need someone to try on the photon wheels. The Tesla store is still showing that the 18" snow tires will fit all 2024+ model 3s but I just don't believe it yet. If so, i'm going to get someone's used 18" photon all weathers for my model 3 performance.

No Tesla OEM 18s fit performance Model 3s. They dont clear the lip. If you want Tesla OEM tires you will need to get 19s. If you want 18s you will need to get after market.

Reactions: 12B4A
Probably differentiate between sales or service employees vs manufacturing in the plant. Maybe one is salary and the other is hourly?

Where I work today is a designated holiday, but I work at a manufacturing plant that runs 24/7 so there are roles that have to work. FTEs get holiday pay if they are hourly, and salaried employees get a comp day (replacement holiday day) they can take in place of the holiday.

If an FTE works in a job that might need to come in to provide support for something, they are basically on call, even if its a holiday.

Contractor employees follow the rules of the company they contract with.

None of this changes the fact that today is still a designated company holiday. I would imagine this type of setup is fairly common.

(I dont work for Tesla or in the auto industry).

I also got the same message with no reply back yet, has it just been East coast people who got it? Seems like it so far anyway
Messaged Tesla in app just now, but doubt i'll get a reply. I just figured it was some canned response since I messaged in app yesterday looking for an update
I did not get that message and I'm on the East Coast with no VIN.

Reactions: Dan. G