Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you put the order on hold before you get assigned a vin, I dont know if it counts against the "only can reject one vin" count. I would contact Tesla and let them know about your vacation and see what they tell you.
Thank you! I just got a text to schedule delivery... between Jun 29 and Jun 30. Incredible speed! I don't even have a VIN yet (similar to what others have reported today).
How can I get a hold of a SA to ask to put the order on hold? I can't seem to find a way to chat with a human in the app and I wonder if I should just call the (888)51-TESLA instead.

Update
OD:
4/29
Blue/black
Bay Area

I had a June 24 - June 30 EDD this morning. (No vin) Stopped by Tesla Walnut Creek to check on the order, and they were able to tell me the car should be ready to pick up in 2-3 days.

I asked about adding a trade-in / third party financing at this point, and the SA told me to submit that info now to prevent a delay in delivery.

5 minutes after submitting my loan info and accepting my trade in offer for was able to schedule delivery for Friday . (Still no VIN)

Hopefully will spend the weekend with the car and drop it off for tint/ceramic coating Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_5520.png
    IMG_5520.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 11
Thank you! I just got a text to schedule delivery... between Jun 29 and Jun 30. Incredible speed! I don't even have a VIN yet (similar to what others have reported today).
How can I get a hold of a SA to ask to put the order on hold? I can't seem to find a way to chat with a human in the app and I wonder if I should just call the (888)51-TESLA instead.
I call my local SC or go in and speak to someone. I also have a number that I text with and it takes about a day to get a response.

Respond to that Text you got.

This matches what I thought would happen, based on your location and end of quarter. Thats why I mentioned i thought it was likely you would get a vin and get pushed to take delivery before end of the month.

Respond to that Text you got.

This matches what I thought would happen, based on your location and end of quarter. Thats why I mentioned i thought it was likely you would get a vin and get pushed to take delivery before end of the month.
Thanks! I've texted them now, hopefully they get back to me. End of Quarter is exactly what I was trying my hardest to avoid, as I had explained to Fremont's SA who assisted me at the time. She still suggested me to place the order no problem at the beginning of June due to the fact that "huge backlogs" would have helped my time range (late July pick up). Lesson learned I guess.
It's crazy to me that people ordering at the end of May are still waiting and they blazed my order through delivery in 2 and half weeks and without a VIN. Oh well.

Day one east coast order here and I’ve been stuck on a 7/23-8/27 EDD for weeks now. Starting to lose interest at this point. Might start sniffing around some of the crazy deals out there on the Lightning. Just ridiclous how Tesla does these rollouts
day 1 here in NJ. order 49 mins after launch & took delivery in Paramus, NJ on 6/12. there's definitely something wrong with your order. double check the steps of progress on your app.

Reactions: blinkme323
Honestly, I would pay Tesla extra for them to put an apple air tag in the car during delivery so I can track it whenever I want 😂
Almost 10 years ago I ordered a Chevy. Once my VIN was provided, I turned on OnStar and tracked it. I even drove to see it on the parked hauler one weekend. Tesla certainly has the ability to do this, just doesn't.

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
I am really curious to see what Tesla’s production and sales numbers are for this quarter. Everything I have seen is indicating that this is by far the best quarter they have ever had. Anyone see anything different?
Supposedly less than projected according to this but it’s the media.

I would try calling the local store directly to speak with the SA!

Supposedly less than projected according to this but it’s the media.

I don't think that it is less than projected. The article implies less than EXPECTED, but there is no such thing. Tesla stock is having a huge challenge moving forward, because the street (people with money to invest) is no longer as open to Silicon Valley type speculation. Tesla can sell ZILLIONS of cars but it's stock price will drop because the smoke and mirrors are getting aired out. Tesla needs things like FSD, robotaxi, the robot, etc. to inflate the potential future. I actually support this re-grounding that is going on. I think it'll help the economy to trim the fat. My only risk in it is NVDA, since some of their valuation is along the same venture based BS

Reactions: cptnslo