Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flying down to Tampa Sunday morning to give this the once over. Hopefully all is well and I’ll drive it back to Atlanta Sunday. It’s a showroom demo with 214 miles.

This will be our 10th Tesla since 2014. I still get very excited.

Attachments

• IMG_3891.jpeg
    IMG_3891.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 3
For those of you that are doing your own DIY ceramic coating at home. What are the brands you all used, and why?
Adams Advanced Graphene. Previously used regular version 4 yrs ago and had good results. Even the pro-shops praise Adams ceramic saying its very close to pro-shop ceramic coatings. other good ones are the Korean brand like Gyeon. #1 Make sure paint is absolutely flawless and smooth. #2 depending on time and temp, do not leave it on for too long (i made that mistake) when i applied it the 2nd time, it was around 80 degrees with mild humidity and i only left it on for approx. 45 secs.

Reactions: cptnslo
thanks for the vote of confidence :) :)

I just don't have any confidence in this process or this company despite me liking the car. There is no rhyme or reason to all of this other than Elon is pushing to end Q2 strong with his monkey. Laying off thousands of employees is not going to help in making that push unfortunately. I'm sure you will be fine and get your car, but I'm just not betting on it for myself that's all. Seems messy to set all these appts with no VIN unless they are super confident about getting these cars out. But then now we also have to worry about rushed cars on the factory line. I almost rather have mine later tbh.

This either ends really well, or really bad is what I'm ultimately saying. Sending you positive vibes for sure tho!

Reactions: phantasms
Well boys….It’s been a crazy ride, but…I got my vin this morning! My last EDD changed was last week to 7/30 - 9/3. Then all of a sudden I received a text from tesla and I thought it was just change your order to other none performance model text. When I opened it, there it was…and couple minutes later, I got a text again to schedule delivery early as this Wednesday! Crazy….I wonder if it was someone who refused the delivery since it happened too fast. Anyway, stay strong boys and it will come!

5/4 OD
SG/Blk changed to Blue/Blk
NJ
reminder that in NJ the EV registration fees go up next month, July. from 300's to 1k

Reactions: kardis1221
For those of you that are doing your own DIY ceramic coating at home. What are the brands you all used, and why?

I just applied V2 cerakote pro to one of the other cars this weekend. Yes lots of work in prep, but incredibly easy to install. So easy, I don't know if I trust it yet. Great slickness and beading. I won't give it a thumbs up until at least 6-10 months to know how it lasts.

Also of note those DIY, Drive protected just started offering Performance PPF.

I was in the batch of people who got the scheduling text without a VIN today. Stopped by the delivery location and they said Tesla sent an automated text and they did not have my car. The appointment I scheduled was then cancelled. They mentioned that nothing is set in stone until the VIN has been assigned.
It sounds like Elon has taken over the appointment setup from the Monkeys in an attempt to secure his compensation package by meeting the Q2 revenue goals.

Just a data point...

I was looking at "Model 3 All-Weather Interior Liners" (note: not the ones that say 2017-2023) and the page recommended logging in to check for vehicle compatibility. After doing so it said my "2024 Model 3" was compatible (with no indication of Performance vs. not, etc.). Hopefully they'll fit when they arrive.
They fit. That is what I use for my 24’ M3P and they fit perfect.