Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only part of the delivery checklist I need to do to get a VIN is the registration right? I can’t do the tax incentive thing just yet.
Wait, what? I'm confused. I did EVERYTHING before I got a VIN, except make final payment and sign final agreement. Everything else was done. If the App allows you to go through the step, then you should or at least communicate with someone. If not, it'll hold your stuff up. They don't assign VINs based on fairness or who ordered first; they assign them based on how quickly they can convert the car. So, they will prioritize a car coming to your region to the next person that is READY.

You’re giving me hope my friend. Thank you.
It is worth the wait. Be patient unless the alternative is something that brings a smile to your face with each ride.
IMG_1749.jpeg

What are people’s thoughts on ceramic tinting 20% side windows and rear but not doing windshield. Not in a super hot area. I keep hearing people saying how you can get some distortion in the windshield with tint. I could then use that money to ceramic tint the wheels as well instead. Black interior if that helps. Will it look weird?
I do 20% around and a strip on the windshield. I hate the glare and distortion. Nice film is better, but no film or glue are optically clear, and the front glass is curved.
IMG_1674.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg
IMG_1714.jpeg

I’m trying my best to be patient here but it looks like there have only been 4 VINs in the last 5 days on the tracker. Hoping this means there is going to be a HUGE push soon! 5/5 SG/B EDD 28 Jul - 1 Sep, Florida. Also, if anyone is wondering you CANNOT apply the military discount to an existing order without cancelling and reordering which, for me at least, is not worth the money to get pushed to the back of the line

Anyone else with a new M3P have this issue? I can't get the normal aerial view of the car with a tire pressure by each wheel to display, I just get a circular spinning cursor. When I swipe on the "cards" on the lower left of the screen, I get some tire pressures but also the spinning cursor so, not sure if they're even correct or current. I've done all the resets and reboots I can think of.

duncan02.jpg

Anyone else with a new M3P have this issue? I can't get the normal aerial view of the car with a tire pressure by each wheel to display, I just get a circular spinning cursor. When I swipe on the "cards" on the lower left of the screen, I get some tire pressures but also the spinning cursor so, not sure if they're even correct or current. I've done all the resets and reboots I can think of.

View attachment 1062181
I've not seen a spinning cursor on mine. Your next check might be going into service mode to check alert messages: see if any relate to tire pressure monitoring.

• Informative
Reactions: HBDesiato
Josh at Executive Tint has been doing our cars for over 10 years, very high quality, no bubbles or dirt when you pick it up. Located in Roswell.

Derek at Atlanta Protective Films has been doing our PPF for 10 years as well. Also very high quality. Derek has semi-retired, but is still taking on work, but is now located in Jasper, GA.
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I’ve heard great things about Derek and Atlanta protective films. I guess that seals it and it looks like I’m going for a drive to jasper.

Reactions: AtlantaP3D
It happens every time. You're looking through plastic and glue, neither of which are optically clear regardless of what people try to say. I don't tint the whole windshield for that reason. It doesn't bother everyone. Most don't care until they notice it, if they even notice it. It gets me nauseous.
Had 3 vehicles with windshield tinted and the only issue I have ever had was due to looking through the tint with polarized sunglasses and it was only 1 vehicle/ tint brand.

Had 3 vehicles with windshield tinted and the only issue I have ever had was due to looking through the tint with polarized sunglasses and it was only 1 vehicle/ tint brand.
Not everyone has an issue with it. But those that are sensitive to it would care. I get a headache when I'm in a car and the curve is in my line of view. Even the new double panned glass on these cars bothers me some where they're curved, compared to the 2023.

Personally do t care for the tuxmat look. Kinda like some sort of packing cushion i’d get in a amazon order box. I do kinda like these which offer a combo of a floor liner carpet option. https://haloblk.com/products/pre-order-haloblk-model-3-highland-floor-mat-cargo-liner-set
Just picked these up on Amazon for just over $200 for the cabin on sale. No car to put them in yet but they look and feel great from first impressions. Already planning on getting the little metal badges laser engraved with the car's name. (Flipping them over)

What are people’s thoughts on ceramic tinting 20% side windows and rear but not doing windshield. Not in a super hot area. I keep hearing people saying how you can get some distortion in the windshield with tint. I could then use that money to ceramic tint the wheels as well instead. Black interior if that helps. Will it look weird?
Im doing 20% all round and 55% on the windshield. Had the same on the last M3P bit 70% on the windshield. Going a bit darker because of the white seats this time. Driving the car new for the past few days I have really noticed how much heat the tint blocked. Its been in the 100+ temp range and i was missing the tint for sure, but dropped off yesterday to have it and PPF done.

you tinted your windshield? If yes, then it is def the tint causing the distortion.

My buddy does this to his cars and every time I ride in them .. at certain angles, I can see the distortion .. drives me crazy but he is use to it.
for anyone who tinted their front windshield and have no distortion, (mine is visible when viewing horizontal brighter colored objects like road markers/lines/horizontal areas of vehicles...etc) can you please post your tint percentage, type of tint (ceramic, carbon..etc) and brand?

brought it back to installer and he says its normal because the front windshield is at a sharp angle.
thanks

for anyone who tinted their front windshield and have no distortion, (mine is visible when viewing horizontal brighter colored objects like road markers/lines/horizontal areas of vehicles...etc) can you please post your tint percentage, type of tint (ceramic, carbon..etc) and brand?

brought it back to installer and he says its normal because the front windshield is at a sharp angle.
thanks
I had xpel xr black 70% on my windshield (2020 M3P) with no issues.

Reactions: eric135i
So, they will prioritize a car coming to your region to the next person that is READY.
This should be changed to when the monkey decides to pull it out of a hat. My order 4/23 got pushed to August - September.

My order was supposed to be canceled Tuesday, but I convinced the wife to hold on until the 14th again. I have to stop the topic of Tesla to her at all because she’s very much opposed to any Tesla after this whole fiasco and gets mad if it even gets mentioned.

Reactions: ord3r and Jangy