Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AJ, the train hit a person? Perhaps a little focus on them and not about your delivery?
Sorry, I feel for them too, but that's not relevant to a delivery thread. I'm just exasperated that my first Tesla delivery took 6 hours and now it's looking like my second may take 6+ hours, hundreds of dollars and still not have a car after it.

Apparently it wasn't our train, but one in front of us.

Reactions: M109Rider
AJ, the train hit a person? Perhaps a little focus on them and not about your delivery?

Well what do you want him to say on a Tesla forum? Guess it puts things in perspective that life is ongoing and bad things happen outside of this first world luxury of purchasing a vehicle. RIP to that person. Some dark humor now..

It’s terrible…that he has to wait even longer. Did the train conductor give an eta on how long it’s going to take to scrape them off the tracks

Reactions: scooterg
Well what do you want him to say on a Tesla forum? Guess it puts things in perspective that life is ongoing and bad things happen outside of this first world luxury of purchasing a vehicle. RIP to that person. Some dark humor now..

It’s terrible…that he has to wait even longer. Did the train conductor give an eta on how long it’s going to take to scrape them off the tracks
No, we have no real information and even that's coming slowly. Online research says anywhere from 30 minutes (which we already passed 20 minutes ago) and 6+ hours. Fortunately my appointment was early in the day and I left with almost an hour of pad to start, so they can hopefully still complete it today, but right now we know nothing other than "we'll move when we can".

Reactions: BabyRoadster

I get it, you're inconvenienced but the person and their family, this could be life changing? How about "delayed again but I have my health" or something like that? It just came across to me as callous but ymmv.

Reactions: oreobbq
I get it, you're inconvenienced but the person and their family, this could be life changing? How about "delayed again but I have my health" or something like that? It just came across to me as callous but ymmv.
The relevant part here though was last night I was sharing how poor my first delivery appointment went and people were reassuring I was just unlucky. I only posted the relevant portion that my bad luck seems to be continuing to this time too. I wouldn't have even mentioned it on here if not for the earlier discussion.

On a more relevant point, anyone know how late you can be to a delivery appointment and still take delivery that day? Still haven't heard back on my messages to Tesla.

Update: just heard back from Tesla. Sounds like they should be able to fit me in as long as it's before they close. So I'm probably still on for today as long as the delay isn't on the extreme upper end.

Update 2: train is moving again with a bit over a 2 hour delay. Thoughts with the family and friends of whoever was hit, but it looks like my delivery is still happening.

Update 3: bad info on the last update, apparently we're stopped again because it was our train after all and the police are still investigating. We just had to move down the line to where they are finishing up and get the involved crew off. Back to waiting. 1 confirmed fatality. :(

Last edited:
The relevant part here though was last night I was sharing how poor my first delivery appointment went and people were reassuring I was just unlucky. I only posted the relevant portion that my bad luck seems to be continuing to this time too. I wouldn't have even mentioned it on here if not for the earlier discussion.

On a more relevant point, anyone know how late you can be to a delivery appointment and still take delivery that day? Still haven't heard back on my messages to Tesla.

Update: just heard back from Tesla. Sounds like they should be able to fit me in as long as it's before they close. So I'm probably still on for today as long as the delay isn't on the extreme upper end.

Update 2: train is moving again with a bit over a 2 hour delay. Thoughts with the family and friends of whoever was hit, but it looks like my delivery is still happening.

Update 3: bad info on the last update, apparently we're stopped again because it was our train after all and the police are still investigating. We just had to move down the line to where they are finishing up and get the involved crew off. Back to waiting. 1 confirmed fatality. :(
I am sorry for that person and hope you get moving soon. The car is really amazing and I appreciate how excited you are to take delivery.

Reactions: AJ Henderson