Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for my Model 3 performance like y'all. I've googled the heck out of it but I can't seem to find any info. I recall when getting my wife's Model Y last February that somewhere I saw a thread (may have been here or a different site) where people were listing the interest rates they ware getting at various credit unions and other lending institutions. It was from there that I got the tip that got us a lower than average interest rate for my wife's Y at US Senate FCU. Unfortunately USSFCU's rates aren't that low anymore. Any thread or resource on the web where the best interest rates are discussed? All the ones I've found seem to have links from paid advertisers and aren't that low.

Poppin' on here to add that my EDD also updated today. Previously had a M3LR Blue/White order from March, but switched to M3P SG/White the day it was announced. EDD just updated today from June 12-30 to May 9-23.

1000006110.png

Trying to contain my excitement, but it's Tesla so I'll believe it when a VIN is actually assigned. Def encouraged by the wave of favorable EDD updates today!

I would be careful with that. On the previous purchase agreements, it was specifically spelled out that changing your order could be subject to current pricing. No idea if they follow through with that, but I would definitely be careful.
Changed it yesterday and new order agreement has the same pricing, were grandfathered into the launch day pricing if you want to change it.

Poppin' on here to add that my EDD also updated today. Previously had a M3LR Blue/White order from March, but switched to M3P SG/White the day it was announced. EDD just updated today from June 12-30 to May 9-23.

View attachment 1042945

Trying to contain my excitement, but it's Tesla so I'll believe it when a VIN is actually assigned. Def encouraged by the wave of favorable EDD updates today!
When did you change your order to the M3P? And how long ago did you place your original order for the LR?

I ordered a M3P on 4/23, originally showing May-June, now showing June, just like many others.

I'm feeling a bit baited with the delivery estimates, as others seem to be cutting in line; hopefully it sticks with June. Basically, what I'm hearing is that if I keep a car in the order queue in perpetuity and keep reconfiguring it, I'll get date priority whenever a new variant actually arrives. If someone changes configs between a M3LR to an M3P, it seems that they should get back in line with the rest of us, IMO.

Reactions: jose3030
Does anyone know if VIN assignment is based on acceptance/decline of a trade in offer? I'm trading in a 2018 M3LR, and the Tesla offer seems really low. I'm planning on waiting till a VIN gets assigned to get offers from CarMax/Vana (which are only valid for 7 days). Would that hold up getting a VIN if all other steps are completed?

Does anyone know if VIN assignment is based on acceptance/decline of a trade in offer? I'm trading in a 2018 M3LR, and the Tesla offer seems really low. I'm planning on waiting till a VIN gets assigned to get offers from CarMax/Vana (which are only valid for 7 days). Would that hold up getting a VIN if all other steps are completed?
You can always change your mind about trading in your car up to the last minute. So it would not hold up it up unless you have to delay delivery yourself because you're having to deal with the trade in logistically elsewhere.

Reactions: mikelipino
I suspect it does not hold it up. But you could always decline the offer and then add it back once the vin is assigned, and shop around to make the final decision. Same would be true with any financing terms.

Reactions: mikelipino
I ordered a M3P on 4/23, originally showing May-June, now showing June, just like many others.

I'm feeling a bit baited with the delivery estimates, as others seem to be cutting in line; hopefully it sticks with June. Basically, what I'm hearing is that if I keep a car in the order queue in perpetuity and keep reconfiguring it, I'll get date priority whenever a new variant actually arrives. If someone changes configs between a M3LR to an M3P, it seems that they should get back in line with the rest of us, IMO.

Yeah! Make these bandwagon LR to P orders go last. ;)

Can't blame them considering how the pricing is set up currently.