Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s what SA had to say about the delay. Looks like it’s going to take a week to push the new update which probably hasn’t even been compiled yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 9
Delayed!

Hi m3boost, we need some additional time to get your Model 3 ready for delivery. Please take this opportunity to reschedule your appointment to this weekend or early next week here: tesla.com/schedule/xxxx

Delivery was supposed to be tomorrow, now it’s next Monday.

This is so bizarre. I was really hopeful that the update to official EPA estimated range was the final thing holding these back. Now you’re waiting 5 extra days (at least) to get yours…

My EDD range starts tomorrow. I was expecting it to get pushed way back based on what I saw this morning, optimistic that it might be in the range after the EPA update, and now I’m skeptical all over again. What a funny situation.

Delayed!

Hi m3boost, we need some additional time to get your Model 3 ready for delivery. Please take this opportunity to reschedule your appointment to this weekend or early next week here: tesla.com/schedule/xxxx

Seems like those of us with delivery scheduled this week were all sent the same message. This is definitely heading in a ridiculous direction.

It's hard not to feel insulted by Tesla posting that deliveries have started, yet this has been our experience so far trying to schedule. Ugh.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Here’s what SA had to say about the delay. Looks like it’s going to take a week to push the new update which probably hasn’t even been compiled yet.
I’ve been waiting for my new Tesla since Jan 13th, switched to the Performance b/c it looks nice and I really though it would get first once there was so many issues with the white seats on the LR lol I just got a new update, pushed another day too :)
1716342399820.png

Delayed!

oooof was the weekend not available for you? when i got that same message in my area saturday was there. so now we wait an additional day

Reactions: GuyFromAz
And we need to add a column to the tracker that shows how many times we've watched the Tesla M3P video since it's been out. So far I've watched it 5 times. I'm sure there are people out there that are well into double digits by now (you know who you are) And as far as it looks with all these delays, I'll need to continue to watch it two or three times every week until delivery I'm sure.

SO..... if the M3P on staggered 20".P235, P275 5.0" ride heigh (2023 had 82KWhr batt) now gets 303 EPA
and
the M3LR on 19" P235 all around 5.4" ride heigh, 82KWhr gets 305 EPA

With the wider tire patch, larger diameter wheel, and added front and rear aero forces but reduced cross-section. Is the new rear motor more the efficient difference than the legacy rear motor. Every thing but the .4" dropped ride height is working against EPA effiecnice yet its nearly the same..
am I missing something or is the performance also the long range? (or could it just be the magical KAF reduced friction ;))

SO..... if the M3P on staggered 20".P235, P275 5.0" ride heigh (2023 had 82KWhr batt) now gets 303 EPA
and

With the wider tire patch, larger diameter wheel, and added front and rear aero forces but reduced cross-section. Is the new rear motor more the efficient difference than the legacy rear motor. Every thing but the .4" dropped ride height is working against EPA effiecnice yet its nearly the same..
am I missing something or is the performance also the long range? (or could it just be the magical KAF reduced friction ;))
LR is 341 Miles EPA

and

You didn't mention one big improvement is that they've improved the aero on the refresh over the previous gen M3. That coupled with with the M3P specific aero (mentioned in the video) must have made up the difference.