Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really appears that they are only making white seat cars in this first batch. Pretty soon they will start making cars with the black seats and I believe that will happen before the end of the month.

Once they start making cars with black seats I wonder if they will pause making the white seat cars? Maybe they will exhaust their white seat stock and have to wait to get more?

It will be interesting to see if the people with white seat orders who don’t have VINs yet suddenly see their orders delayed indefinitely?

I say this because some people are considering changing to white seats to get their car faster. You may end up delaying your car considerably if you do that now. Just something to think about.
New white seat orders are already getting placed in the back of the line (August). I wouldn't change anything now if you have the black seats unless you don't mind waiting.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Just got an EDD update as well.
  • Before: May 30 - June 27.
  • Now: June 18 - June 30.
  • Red/black, Central Florida, 4/23 @ ~1:30 PM order. No VIN as yet.
A much tighter window despite getting pushed back a bit. Still going to check the app 13 times a day.
I’m Boca Raton and i had the same exact “before” date and now my window is June 17-30. Seems we might be same batch sent if this holds.

Reactions: RBBJ

The guy with the first delivery posted his 0-140. I could be wrong but the 0-60 looks slower than 3 seconds.
Because I had nothing better to do at work, I compared that video's acceleration/highway passing times to this 2023 Model 3 Performance quarter mile run at a drag strip. Used a frame counter to get "exact" measurements between the two.

22 M3P 60-70: 0.817s
24 M3P 60-70: 0.733s

22 M3P 60-80: 1.800s
24 M3P 60-80: 1.600s

22 M3P 60-90: 3.117s
24 M3P 60-90: 2.633s

22 M3P 60-100: 4.717s
24 M3P 60-100: 3.933s

22 M3P 70-80: 1.000s
24 M3P 70-80: 0.833s

22 M3P 70-90: 2.300s
24 M3P 70-90: 1.900s

22 M3P 70-100: 3.900s
24 M3P 70-100: 3.200s

"Exact" in quotes since the videos are only accurate within ~17 ms / ~34 ms as the 2023 is in 60 FPS and the 2024 is in 30 FPS. The 2023 is also on a drag strip in presumably optimal conditions (SoC unknown but likely high given the 3.32s 0-60) while the 2024 was ran on what looks to be a random interstate.

New 2024 Tesla Model 3 Performance gets 303 miles EPA rating

1716396902525.png

Reactions: TulsaCoker
If this is your first M3P you'll be disappointed. Real range will be much closer to 260 miles unless you drive that car like a Prius
Maybe, but new EPA range estimates are a lot closer than the old ones. They all dropped by 30 miles or so at the beginning of the year and for my MYP anyway, the 24 number was pretty close to accurate.

View attachment 1049558

Thats a perfectly reasonable assumption, yet, I have been here on TMC since late 2018, and have never seen any real indication that orders of Tesla follow any sort of First in First Out / "I got in line first" methodology. Geographical proximity? Sure. I have seen people who ordered a vehicle 6-7 weeks before someone else, who live in the same general region, talk about their orders and getting vins at roughly the same time.

Will be interesting to see if this tracker data ends up showing something different, but I dont think so. I think that when people really dig into it and start getting vins, people are going to find that its not really going to matter much if someone in Denver ordered 10 minutes after ordering became available, and someone else ordered two weeks later, if both of those people have similar orders (like both having black interior, or both having white interior) they are going to end up getting vins and their cars at roughly the same time.
Yeah, it's never FIFO. The cars are done in batch of different configurations and locations. It used to be that end of quarter months were always US cars and the overseas cars were built the month before. Now that the US doesn't built cars for Europe, I think they still build cars based on configuration. If you're lucky to purchase at the month that they are building your config you can get a car in like 3 weeks. Mine was like that. I purchased in June and got it 3 weeks later.

However obviously the volume has changed a lot for Tesla so there will be differences from 2020.

Last edited: