Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disagree. I think it makes perfect sense to deliver cars based on first-in/first-out, regardless of model/trim, especially when people are upgrading to a more expensive trim. It's a no-brainer for Tesla to service these people first.
so if i've been waiting for a CT for 1+ yrs, and change my order (if i can) to M3P, i should be entitled to skip everyone that ordered on 4/23/24?

• Disagree
Reactions: scrapps
(moderator note)

Deleted a post that referenced what I consider to be fake news content at this point, and a bunch of other posts that quoted it. Just letting people know where those posts went if they were wondering.

On a side note, this thread moves FAASSSST.. lol. I went to bed sometime after 3am my time this morning, and by the time I got up and logged in here to check, In order to catch up with this thread I had like 7-8 PAGES of posts.

This is really getting ridiculous with the continued delays/reschedules. There clearly is some issue they are trying to resolve but are being far from transparent about it. We are really in the dark if this is some minor issue or a major issue +/- lack of employees to deal with it.
Have we exceeded "ridiculous" and achieved Ludicrous yet? (sorry I couldn't resist)

That was cool they let you see your vehicle. I was told mine is located at an offsite location and would not allow me to visit. Luckily its remained indoors since its arrived in my city.
Mine was on site when he pinged the GPS. I’m sure if it was offsite, the answer would have been no. So I just lucked out. He was apologetic he couldn’t pull it up for me, (too busy), I told him I didn’t care and I was happy to walk around the building! Wasn’t even a far walk.

what a clusterF***

LR People shouldn't be able to skip the Performance line.
if you ain't an OG Performance buyer, get on line like everyone else, or keep your LR.
Listen, I get that you’re just frustrated because all you want is the car you ordered. But this is an L take. I’ve been waiting since JANUARY. You’ve waited a mere month since you ordered. I didn’t choose a white interior LR with the end goal being to “cut” people in line for the performance. Tesla has been bsing all of the white interior orders without any type of explanation. There are STILL 1/10 orders without a VIN with white interior.

There is no “performance line.” There’s just a line for the model 3. And I’ve been checking the app and posting on TMC for my LR for far longer than you have been for your performance. At the end of the day you won’t come anywhere close to waiting for as long as I did for a car, so instead of complaining be grateful you won’t have to wait for 5 months for a car. Not to mention I originally kept my first order a LR and I ordered a performance separately minutes after the announcement. So I have an extra $250 order fee that I’m willing to eat just to get a car asap.

Just adding that my delivery tomorrow was rescheduled for the *4th* time to Monday at 2PM PT. I replied that they should just call me when the car is ready. No sense in creating the expectation of delivery with a date if there's a high likelihood that it won't happen. What a cluster.
yea i get it. i choose to believe this time will be a bit different based on messaging and someone got a call from sc today also to kind of say the same message i go via in app message.

also when i told them sunday. they replied back saying they would keep my existing sunday time rather then the 3p time they proposed. we will see what happens in a few days.

Just adding that my delivery tomorrow was rescheduled for the *4th* time to Monday at 2PM PT. I replied that they should just call me when the car is ready. No sense in creating the expectation of delivery with a date if there's a high likelihood that it won't happen. What a cluster.
Oh no at a tomorrow order being pushed too! I knew it was most likely gonna happen, but hearing that it did is 😟. Don’t suppose they said if it was “the firmware doesn’t exist yet” or “by the time it downloads, it’s too late for us to do pre delivery inspection and detailing work”? I suspect the former, but at some point, some of the pushes will be the latter. Even though most of us would be more than happy to take our cars while they’re dirty, and wash it ourselves.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd