Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yea i get it. i choose to believe this time will be a bit different based on messaging and someone got a call from sc today also to kind of say the same message i go via in app message.

also when i told them sunday. they replied back saying they would keep my existing sunday time rather then the 3p time they proposed. we will see what happens in a few days.
I definitely hope so but I'm not holding my breath. Someone early in this thread posted saying no one was getting delivery until June - from the looks of it, they were spot on.

(moderator note)

Deleted a post that referenced what I consider to be fake news content at this point, and a bunch of other posts that quoted it. Just letting people know where those posts went if they were wondering.

On a side note, this thread moves FAASSSST.. lol. I went to bed sometime after 3am my time this morning, and by the time I got up and logged in here to check, In order to catch up with this thread I had like 7-8 PAGES of posts.
Hard labour! 😅

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
Oh no at a tomorrow order being pushed too! I knew it was most likely gonna happen, but hearing that it did is 😟. Don’t suppose they said if it was “the firmware doesn’t exist yet” or “by the time it downloads, it’s too late for us to do pre delivery inspection and detailing work”? I suspect the former, but at some point, some of the pushes will be the latter. Even though most of us would be more than happy to take our cars while they’re dirty, and wash it ourselves.
I told them not to detail it when I scheduled delivery originally. My first stop after picking up will be for the car to get washed, tinted, and ceramic coated anyway.

Nope, I got the standard "Your Model 3 is delayed" text - no explanation offered and I didn't ask, haha. Trying to be a good sport about it, but I'm also tempted to make a twitter just to pester Elon about this. We'll see what happens after a couple drinks later 😁

I told them not to detail it when I scheduled delivery originally. My first stop after picking up will be for the car to get washed, tinted, and ceramic coated anyway.

Nope, I got the standard "Your Model 3 is delayed" text - no explanation offered and I didn't ask, haha. Trying to be a good sport about it, but I'm also tempted to make a twitter just to pester Elon about this. We'll see what happens after a couple drinks later 😁
what’s your current edd? and do you know your pickup location ? i see you’re in LA like myself, i see good news for you soon.

Maybe if enough people try to pester him. But all it would take is for an influencer who he’d actually pay attention to, to ask. I’m fully expecting my tomorrow appointment to not hold up and get pushed to Sun/Mon. And then likely that not to hold either. Feeling like the issue is at corporate, creating the new software version with the fix for whatever’s wrong. If indeed it’s FSD (as has been speculated), they should just disable it (like the early M3 Highland AWD/RWD) deliveries, and leave it at that. We already agreed to the limited features initially thing. Push that change and get the cars off the lot, into our garages.
But I dunno how many people at corporate will work a long weekend to get this out (whatever the heck “this” is). Oh and I’d be happy to take it dirty too if it meant a day or two earlier!

Reactions: eeeric and jiren
View attachment 1050164
Got my level 2 installed yesterday. This was free through my utility company but can’t help but to think I should have just paid for the Tesla wall charger.

Happy 200 pages to this thread

what a clusterF***

LR People shouldn't be able to skip the Performance line.
if you ain't an OG Performance buyer, get on line like everyone else, or keep your LR.
Strongly disagree even as an
Just check 5 min ago. Checked just now and have VIN!

Boston
Blue/White
EDD 6/8-6/14
did you not get a text alert?

I'm probably being optimistic, but I don't think it'll take as long as the EDDs say it will for most of us to receive our cars once the firmware issue is resolved.

About 15-20% of the entire spreadsheet has a VIN already, with cars that have been produced. The first two days for orders accounts for 55-60% of all orders on the spreadsheet. ~40% of orders come after the first two days, with orders after April 30th accounting for only 15% of all orders. In other words, the vast majority of all orders Tesla has received for the M3P happened the first day or two, and it's been slowing down ever since.

So 30% of all Day-1/2 orderers have VINs. Well, seems like it takes 3-4 weeks for an order to translate into a VIN, and then 7-10 days for a VIN to translate into a delivery date (assuming the folks who got the first VINs had kept their original EDDs prior to this EPA/firmware issue being recognized).

About 8% of all orderers on the sheet have gotten VINs since only Wed. So they don't seem to be slowing down the pace of production, just the pace of delivery (and possibly transport, if they're worried that individual centers might become too overwhelmed with undeliverable cars sitting on their lots). Of course, one thing we don't know is if they're slowing down on reporting VINs to customers for cars they already built earlier. For all we know, they could already have built 50%, 60%, 75% of all Day-1 cars by now, even though they've only reported ~20% of those VINs to customers.

Anyway, all of this is a longwinded way of suggesting that it may take only another ~2-4 weeks from here to produce all Day 1/2 cars, and then another 2-4 weeks from there to produce all additional cars ordered after Day 2, with VIN-to-EDD being 7-10 days after that, for no more than ~10 weeks from today for even someone who ordered this week.

And it could be even faster than this if it turns out there's a whole ton of VINs that haven't been released. If suddenly we see, say, 60-80% of Day 1 orderers get VINs over the next few days, it could mean that production on ~60% of all ordered M3Ps is already completed or near complete, making production of the rest of the orders take place in just the next 3-5 weeks, for deliveries within the next 4-6 weeks. We could all have our cars by mid July.

I stopped by my local dealership today (Tyson's Corner, Tyco Road in Northern VA) and they had a SG w/white interior on display. I spent 2 hours there checking it out.

- Seats are super nice
- interior door material (white) is exactly the same as interior door on the Cyber Truck
- Build quality looks very good
- there was one major issue and if this was my vehicle, I would refuse delivery. The edge of the front windshield on the driver's side and 2 small chunks of glass missing from it. Maybe it was leaning against something before it was installed? I pointed this out to my SA and he said we did not notice that before and thank you.
- Overall, I can't wait for mine to arrive

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe if enough people try to pester him. But all it would take is for an influencer who he’d actually pay attention to, to ask. I’m fully expecting my tomorrow appointment to not hold up and get pushed to Sun/Mon. And then likely that not to hold either. Feeling like the issue is at corporate, creating the new software version with the fix for whatever’s wrong. If indeed it’s FSD (as has been speculated), they should just disable it (like the early M3 Highland AWD/RWD) deliveries, and leave it at that. We already agreed to the limited features initially thing. Push that change and get the cars off the lot, into our garages.
But I dunno how many people at corporate will work a long weekend to get this out (whatever the heck “this” is). Oh and I’d be happy to take it dirty too if it meant a day or two earlier!
lol, yea i’ll take it dirty also. i’ll just take it to a good place that does washing by hand. good luck tomorrow, i think someone who got the sc call said the updates will be done tomorrow.

I stopped by my local dealership today (Tyson's Corner, Tyco Road in Northern VA) and they had a SG w/white interior on display. I spent 2 hours there checking it out.

- Seats are super nice
- Build quality looks very good
- there was one major issue and if this was my vehicle, I would refuse delivery. The edge of the front windshield on the driver's side and 2 small chunks of glass missing from it. Maybe it was leaning against something before it was installed? I pointed this out to my SA and he said we did not notice that before and thank you.
- Overall, I can't wait for mine to arrive

View attachment 1050221

View attachment 1050222

View attachment 1050223

View attachment 1050224

View attachment 1050225

View attachment 1050226
Beautiful, but man, I would be pissed if they delivered me a brand new M3P without the Spring Update and (especially) still being stuck on v11.4.9!

Reactions: jiren and Raptor911
While I know we are all anxious to get our cars, I have to say this is probably the most exciting part for me. I've had a lot of new cars in my time but I've always gone to the lot or in inventory and picked one, often compromising on either paint color, seat color, or something in order to get it fast. I'm not a young chap anymore and this is the FIRST time I've ordered a car. I feel "special" knowing that Tesla built my VIN just for me... even IF all they did was match a spec to my order. I feel like it's truly my car.

TLDR; It's gonna be WORTH IT!