Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why those cells were locked. I fixed the few. I locked the graphs because people kept vandalizing the charts. I'll move the new chart over. Is the color combo chart lost for good? I saw your comment but for some reason comments on there are hard to read sometimes.
here's my comment on the what broke the color combo chart:
seems a recent change (about 3 hours ago, see version named "First broken version" in File > version history) borked the import here, replacing the color combos in column Z with locations -- which broke the rest of the color tables/charts... hopefully you know more context of that change? i could try to fix, but safer to do so with proper context to avoid breaking something else...
basically, column Z changed from colors to locations for some reason, i think due to the import range in column x?

see the named versions in the history for details (File > Version history > See version history, filter to Named Versions), but in short...

it should look like this, with color combos on Z (from "Last working version"):
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 4.22.45 PM.png

but it looks like this, with locations instead (from "First broken version"):
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 4.23.07 PM.png

and that's what breaks the color combo counts, and hence charts

#thankYouForComingToMyTEDTalk #shouldWeDiscussThisSeparately?

This just happened 🤯Finally took delivery! I wanted to share some quick photos with my TMC fam along with an initial first impression before I go out and have more fun with my new ride. This is the first Tesla I've owned and the first red car I've ever owned. Let me start out with the Ultra Red, its even more amazing in person and has this chameleon like quality where its shade will change on you depending on the lighting. Today was a foggy day here in Socal which brought out this nice darker tone of the ultra red. It was between white or ultra red and just happy I went out of my comfort zone. As for the ride, I've driven various Teslas from family and friends including a 2022 M3P. But I wouldn't be the best person to comment on comparison between this M3P gen vs. the last. But just as car in its own, its everything I could've dreamed of. The drive, ride, turns, speed, and acceleration just blows me away. I've owned some fast cars throughout my lifetime (BMW M3, etc...) but this is something else. I still have more driving to do to really soak it all in but its really love at first sight or should I say love at first ride with this new M3P. I can't see how this car will disappoint any new owner. Now back to more driving....more pics/feedback later 😜

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png
Congrats! This just made me even more excited!

So, I went by the SC is Miami Gardens to check out the model they had. No test drives, but a really nice sales guy opened it up for me from his app and sat in it with me as I checked everything out. The new seats are very well bolstered and comfortable. I currently drive a BMW and these seats IMO are better bolstered and more comfortable. It was a feels like of 99 degrees while there, and the ventilated seats worked well. I will say that I wasn't expecting the white interior to look so good, definitely a very sexy interior. The sound system is fantastic. Strong tight bass and gets loud without distortion. Stealth grey looks good in person. Can't wait for my Ultra Red / Black though to show up. I took some pictures, and some from an angle down low to see the stance of the wide wheels in correlation to the fenders. Also looks like might not have to cut the lower panel when installing a tow hitch, looks to have a removable cover..... Can't wait to get my vin......

Attachments

• 20240525_174919.jpg
    20240525_174919.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240525_174924.jpg
    20240525_174924.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240525_174931.jpg
    20240525_174931.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240525_175824.jpg
    20240525_175824.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240525_175827.jpg
    20240525_175827.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240525_175920.jpg
    20240525_175920.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240525_175944.jpg
    20240525_175944.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240525_175951.jpg
    20240525_175951.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240525_180542.jpg
    20240525_180542.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240525_180027.jpg
    20240525_180027.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 10
Possibly. From watching threads like this over the years, one thing that stood out to me is that not having an order completed would delay a persons progress through the process. So yes, putting in "trade" but not completing it could possibly move you behind someone who had a completed order profile.
Well that’s depressing I sure hope it doesn’t put me too behind :/

Just can’t help but wonder if that’s why I ordered day of release but yet tons of ppl are getting VINs who ordered weekss after me.

I havent looked into this, but if the car comes with actual "track pad" style brake pads, those are worse for regular day to day driving than regular pads. They are better on the track once you heat them up, but for day to day braking (especially in a Tesla) we are not doing it enough to heat them up, so they usually feel worse than standard pads on the street. That is, unless your beating on your car on the street like it was at a track.

Now, I dont know if they have track pads but if so, that would be the reason. The question is, does it say somewhere its coming with track brakes / track pads?
Great point if these are true lowfaid high temperatures pads, they will typically be less efficient at cold. Higher coefficient of friction u is more dependent on the pads being hotter.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
An update for anyone else who might have had a scheduled delivery this weekend postponed:
I was supposed to get the car in Burbank this morning but they pushed to Monday via text yesterday. The scheduled delivery in the app also changed, but then it disappeared to nothing today around noon. I stopped by the service center and talked to someone about the issue, and they said while the firmware update is indeed being pushed out to service centers, it is done in batches and some of our cars that are on site were not in that first batch. They have no way of knowing what batch or when the car will update, so they are going to continue rolling the delivery delay until that process is done. Disappointing. It's the unmet expectations that are the hardest when you're relying on their word that something will be done. I guess this is just how it is with Tesla? I'm coming from the world of Porsche and Audi, and can see why the price to performance is so competitive! Tesla is definitely not spending any money on service 😄
Makes sense. I've had a VIN since Tuesday and have yet to get a delivery date (everything is up to date in the app). SA indicated that they are still not able to deliver the M3P... but confirmed my car is at the delivery center (Irvine). Waiting.... sigh

Reactions: arkhos and jiren
It's all 2024 M3 refresh models, cause I remember looking for the regen options during my LR demo drive and there were none to be had.

Are there any brake-related settings in track mode?
IMG_2543.jpeg

This is what there is for Track Mode settings right now. Display M3P in Tyson’s Corner studio.

Has Tesla themselves ever referred to anything on this car as Ludicrous? Or has that just been something the masses have applied. Kinda like Highland? All i have seen officially from Tesla are the terms Performance and the Insane mode.
IMG_2554.jpeg

Tesla is clearly lying about “Highland”. Took this today when I went to look at the M3P. This was a customer LR waiting in the delivery area that hadn’t been PDId yet.

Has Tesla themselves ever referred to anything on this car as Ludicrous? Or has that just been something the masses have applied. Kinda like Highland? All i have seen officially from Tesla are the terms Performance and the Insane mode.
Tesla absolutely calls the new Model 3 “Highland”. I test drove a LR and the part stickers left on the car literally said “Highland” on all of them!

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 3
here's my comment on the what broke the color combo chart:

basically, column Z changed from colors to locations for some reason, i think due to the import range in column x?

see the named versions in the history for details (File > Version history > See version history, filter to Named Versions), but in short...

it should look like this, with color combos on Z (from "Last working version"):
View attachment 1050595

but it looks like this, with locations instead (from "First broken version"):
View attachment 1050597

and that's what breaks the color combo counts, and hence charts

#thankYouForComingToMyTEDTalk #shouldWeDiscussThisSeparately?
I moved the VIN date column. Did that mess it up? Sheets must be calling on the wrong column now for the data?

• Informative
Reactions: moggsy
Tesla-info.com tracks inventory numbers from Tesla. So this is cars in inventory not delivered. So if cars are being made and delivered instantly the number stays low. It gives a kind of glimpse into production numbers, but coupled with demand depleting production. The below is North America , From my enterperatation-Fremont has only really dialed in volume production of M3 for the last month or two. Q1 seemed like they were still standing up the highland line. This kind of agrees with the flyovers of the delivery lot at Fremont. China on the other hand has been a beast.
1716680406316.png

Very much a personal choice I think. My preference is the highest grade of tint they make (the Xpel XR Plus is what I'm gonna do), in the lightest possible shade they make (which is a 70% transmittance for visible light). I forget the specifics on the specs, but I wanna say 50-60% heat rejection.
While darker tints would reject more heat, I don't like the at-night viewing. I had a similar film (just Llumar) on my prior car, and had zero nighttime vision problems.
Isn’t Llumar the “best”? I’m still figuring out what I’ll get.

Reactions: jiren