Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 4/23 a few mins after the Performance became available (Gray/Black).

It's my first Tesla, so I didn't know the wisdom of waiting to fill out the loan/trade-in info., and my trade expiration was the 25th (with the latest EDD 5/26 - 6/9). Seeing my fellow Phoenicians get their VINs/deliveries was making me hopeful I might be at the front edge of that, but no VIN thus far.

I also received the flurry of texts from Tesla yesterday, which turned out to be "You can pick up earlier... if you choose a RWD Highland", and "Your trade-in offer is expired now". Surprise! :)

Nice part is I re-submitted my trade offer with updated mileage, and it's $100 higher than previous. Smol bonus for waiting I suppose. lol

Wheels are 20" staggered:
Front: 235/35 20x9 49.4 lbs.
Rear: 275/30 20x10.1 53.0 lbs.
(with minimal wheel weights, 33 miles of tread wear)

For reference: 20" 245/35 Tesla G-force: 50.8 lbs. (~500 miles of tread wear)
Could you tell me what tires the M3P is running? I know it is a P-Zero BUT which P-Zero. Tire rack shows 11 P-Zeros. I want to work backwards and get a rough estimate of the OEM forged wheel weights.

Thank you!

NM .. I found it. From Tesla's web site:
This extra performance is transferred to the road via forged and staggered 20” wheels with Tesla-specific Pirelli P ZERO 4 performance tires. This staggered wheel fitment has several knock-on effects, including:

Could you tell me what tires the M3P is running? I know it is a P-Zero BUT which P-Zero. Tire rack shows 11 P-Zeros. I want to work backwards and get a rough estimate of the OEM forged wheel weights.

Thank you!

This extra performance is transferred to the road via forged and staggered 20” wheels with Tesla-specific Pirelli P ZERO 4 performance tires. This staggered wheel fitment has several knock-on effects, including:
Tirerack had this listed as OEM at beginning of May but it's now gone. Take this with a grain of salt
1000014017.jpg

Reactions: Raptor911
I ordered 4/23 a few mins after the Performance became available (Gray/Black).

It's my first Tesla, so I didn't know the wisdom of waiting to fill out the loan/trade-in info., and my trade expiration was the 25th (with the latest EDD 5/26 - 6/9). Seeing my fellow Phoenicians get their VINs/deliveries was making me hopeful I might be at the front edge of that, but no VIN thus far.

I also received the flurry of texts from Tesla yesterday, which turned out to be "You can pick up earlier... if you choose a RWD Highland", and "Your trade-in offer is expired now". Surprise! :)

Nice part is I re-submitted my trade offer with updated mileage, and it's $100 higher than previous. Smol bonus for waiting I suppose. lol
Afraid to ask what time AZ you ordered as it seems we are rivals for the same vin with the same config

It's mostly for different trims though. I mean, I'm right there with you with a SG/Black order 45 minutes after live watching white interiors from mid May get VINs, but it is what it is. Haven't really seen much in the way of later SG/Blacks other than by a day or two and they are people right near the factory that don't have transport time to worry about.
Yea, but I’m seeing it happen to a bunch of people with very common trims too where others are getting VINs. Seems like location is just as important as trim, but even that fails to explain some of the 4/23 people not having VINs yet.

I’m assuming the location in my registration is my pickup location. My first Tesla though so I could be wrongView attachment 1051106
There's at least three members that picked up from the Libertyville location. I changed mine from Libertyville to Schaumberg as it was closer. I didn't realize that showroom parking lot is bigger than the Schaumberg location to store vehicles.

Wonder if that's the reason mine got pushed back to July - August. Oh well, I think I'm done checking and taking a break from all of this. As long as it comes before January I'll take delivery on the car. Anything past that I'll have to cancel as I won't qualify for the EV rebate.

Thank you!

Glad you found what you needed. There's so much info on the tire that I wasn't sure what was needed. I've never seen this before; tiny print near the bead; some type of mfg number followed by the safety warnings. goes about half around the tire.

Attachments

• Bead.jpg
    Bead.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 2
Man I keep checking hourly for a VIN but nothing! My EDD window keeps shrinking daily, but thankfully not pushed out yet. Here’s what its been like the last 3 days:

May 25 - June 7
May 26 - June 7
May 27 - June 7

I think maybe because of my proximity to Fremont, they will just assign me a VIN last minute and give me 3 days to come pick it up.
Exactly same thing happening with me. My guess is the cars are already made, awaiting to get shipped and sorted. We should have a VIN # any date :)

Seems like a few got really pushed back recently. I wonder if Tesla is running into issues or maybe supply chain issues?
For the love of all things holy…IT MEANS NOTHING!! It can and will change 3-6 times before anyone gets their car. It will move back and forth more times than Austin Powers executing a 3 point turn.

My new waiting strategy is to forget I ordered the car. Model 3 performance? what’s that?
I’m thinking of it like this - delay just means more time for me to save for- and for all these awesome members who get theirs before me to debate on - all the accessories I need. I figure by the time I get mine I will have already figured out paint protection, tint, all weather tires (and probably wheels) for the winter, floor mats, screen protector for the back screen, and maybe some other fun little tweaks.