Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1716995300789.png

I got this message I guess as a reply to my earlier question about whether my car had reached the delivery location yet. Why is this from a California number? They say my care is scheduled to arrive "here". From what I know "here" should be my local SC in Florida, right? Just wondering why I got this from a Cali number: maybe the local service center sends messages through the mother ship or something?

I asked them if my car was at the local SC yet and what to expect since I believe my financing and trade-in have expired. They always seem to reply with the absolute minimum number of words as if each character costs $1000. :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3
I don't have any experience with PPF, ceramic, etc. If my car will be leased is there an issue with these? The primary benefits are protection from scratching/chips and easier to maintain, correct?

No, bad boy! Go sit in timeout. If you’re leasing, ppf is absolutely not worth it. That’s like putting a ring on a girl you know will be with someone else in 2 years. Hm maybe not the best analogy but you know what I mean. Ceramic coatings are easy to apply yourself.

Reactions: arkhos and xianking
The thing is that a lot of those "faster" cars aren't faster in the real world. The fastest car I found was the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170. It's 0-60 is 1.66 seconds. But the conditions and the driving have to be PERFECT (enthusiast driver, on a track in the right temperature, no passenger seat, etc.) to achieve that time. Based on what I've seen, a novice driver in a new Tesla M3P would consistently beat the Dodge at a stoplight on a regular street. Good drivers get about 3.2 / 3.3 seconds in the Demon outside of perfect conditions. I think a lot of fast ICE cars are like that.
This! You actually have to know how to get the power down in an ICE vehicle, see this all the time on Carwow races and those are even usually decent drivers. When I first got my old M3P I had plenty of Dodge guys smoking tires and trying to go light to light and it was always embarrassing for them

Reactions: xianking
Thanks. I sent mine this message this morning. Hopefully they can update me on what is going on but the last time I sent a message, they gave the bare minimum information to answer my question (just replied with the delivery location). I'll update with the reply (hopefully) later. I'd just like some info because this is the first time I've ordered: last time was an inventory pick-up.

View attachment 1051594
It’s pretty simple of those expired, you will just need to go for round two. I actually declined the trade in on mine after it expired as I was able to sell private party for more but had the SA revisit the financing (which I approved to keep things moving forward)

So I ordered 4/23 but around 9pm eastern time. In the app, it shows my order date as 4/24. I have seen this happen to others as well. Just curious, for the tracker, should we be using 4/23 or 4/24 in this situation? Is this likely to affect delivery time as well (being considered a 4/24 order date even though it was clearly 4/23)

Can anyone provide a list of cars (aside from Plaids and Cyberbeast) that have faster 0-60 times than the new M3P? I imagine the list is not very long. Want to be clear on my bragging rights once I get it.
BMW M5 Comp, Sf90, Amg Gt 63s amg, BMW M8 Comp, BMW M3cs, 911 Turbos, 911 Turbo, Porsche Taycan Turbo, 296 gbt, Dodge Demon, Tesla Plaid, Rimac Nivera, Bugatti Chiron, Bugatti Divo, Bugatti Veryon, Porsche 918 Spyder, Lucid Air Sapphire, BMW M5 CS, Audi R8 V10+, Mclaren 765lt, Mclaren 720s, Lamborghini Hurucan performante, Ferrari 812 super fast, Audi Rs7 performance, Mclaren Senna, Mclaren 675lt, 570s, Avendator, Nissan Gtr noemi.

I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.

Not trying to rub this in people's faces who have been waiting for over 1 month and not complaining, but just don't understand how the ordering priorities work. I am also caught off guard and not really prepared for delivery. Can I just bring a cashier's check for my final payment at delivery? Can I also purchase a mobile charger at the Fremont factory delivery location?
checking if you took delivery of yours...

So I ordered 4/23 but around 9pm eastern time. In the app, it shows my order date as 4/24. I have seen this happen to others as well. Just curious, for the tracker, should we be using 4/23 or 4/24 in this situation? Is this likely to affect delivery time as well (being considered a 4/24 order date even though it was clearly 4/23)
I think order date (especially a day or two) has not bearing on VIN assignment or delivery timing

I think order date (especially a day or two) has not bearing on VIN assignment or delivery timing
You don’t think? While I don’t think it’s the main deciding factor, from reviewing the tracker there is no doubt that the far majority of people with VINs are 4/23 orders (again, fully aware that many with later dates have gotten vins).

I also wonder if there is any benefit to changing around config or delivery location, or if you’re just going to likely further screw yourself by doing this. My EDD went from 5/30-6/13 to 7/15-8/19 like 3-4 days ago. At first I was telling myself some ppl get pushed out far then suddenly get a VIN, but that’s not happening so now I’m starting to get bummed again lol. Just keep trying to tell myself that EDD doesn’t mean much, but not sure I’m convincing myself that well lol.