Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so anyone that had an EDD that kept shifting by a day, when did it actually update? I'm a bit concerned because my EDD still says May 29-June 12 and isn't even updating for time that is in the past.

Additionally someone has set my vin to yes on the spreadsheet for a third time now. We should probably be extremely suspect of how many vins have actually been issued.
I have the same edd, it should update at 10am

Welp, after debating it internally for days and still no VIN w/ being allowed to change my order.
I've changed my order from black/black to ultra red/black.
$500 difference. I can still get the 7500 tax credit.

I love black/black but that ultra red is something else.
Every single review I've seen just makes that color pop.
My current 3 is a multi-red, that front fascia and footprint begs for an ultra red.
I was secretly hoping I'd get a VIN faster too. We'll see.

*Tracker updated!
Are you sure you still get the $7500? I was told if you change your order, you are subjected to the current price and not what you ordered before.

Reactions: jose3030
Went to another Tesla showroom near work and finally got a nice SA to pull up my order in the system. Original SA was totally useless so he tried to message the Fremont delivery center to move my delivery location there. Maybe I'll actually get some real updates then.

It looks like a lot fewer VINs got assigned this week than before the weekend, which suggests something is going on to slow down the process.
I wonder if it’s a result of the oven fire a few weeks back? I also read somewhere there was a batch of M3Ps that had paint issues in production and got “scrapped”. Who knows how much of this is real or pure speculation/made up. The jealousy is starting to seriously creep in tho as all the VINs were assigned and deliveries made, meanwhile I’m over here wondering why my EDD is July 6-Aug 17 when I ordered on 4/24. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: blinkme323
Welp, after debating it internally for days and still no VIN w/ being allowed to change my order.
I've changed my order from black/black to ultra red/black.
$500 difference. I can still get the 7500 tax credit.

I love black/black but that ultra red is something else.
Every single review I've seen just makes that color pop.
My current 3 is a multi-red, that front fascia and footprint begs for an ultra red.
I was secretly hoping I'd get a VIN faster too. We'll see.

*Tracker updated!
How do you still qualify? I thought any order changes made are based on current pricing??

Just got my VIN Riverside, CA ordered April 23rd 9:25 a.m ultra red /black EDD was May 25th through June 4th and was getting pushed back one day at a time until I receive my VIN right now
My VIN came through this morning as well! Same exact situation as you...red/black ordered 4/23 around noon and getting the same one day pushes for the last several days. I bet we are on the same truck as I'm nearby in Orange County. Not too many of our Ultra Reds coming to SoCal so I was getting a bit worried that we'd be passed over for the sea of Grays being ordered.

EDD is now June 5 - 14 and I'm leaving town on the 11th for a 3 week camping trip to Colorado so I might be faced with a difficult decision. What are my odds that delivery will get scheduled before closer to the 5th than the 14th?

Finally an update .. so I guess I may get mine before yours @whoosierdaddy .. time will tell

IMG_1524.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: whoosierdaddy
The two best colors on this car by far IMO, so can’t go wrong. I do prefer the black this time around though tbh :)

It’s funny I had Ultra Red on order (and currently own a Red MYP) and ended up switching to black after seeing it in person. Great color don’t get me wrong, but there’s just something off about it. Might be the fact that the calipers are a different shade of red, idk. Saw the black in person though and my god it is stunning.

I wonder what's on the old Monroney 👀
I bet it’s the range (or mpg equivalent). Having worked at a large manufacturing company for years I can just see it - everyone at Tesla scrambling to get the epa approval, war room plans to push out the service update for the range displayed, logistics, delays, finally yes!! It’s done! High fives all around!
Then the intern shyly pipes up “isn’t that listed on those window sticker thingys too?”

Shock and dismay all around the room. 🤣

It’s funny I had Ultra Red on order (and currently own a Red MYP) and ended up switching to black after seeing it in person. Great color don’t get me wrong, but there’s just something off about it. Might be the fact that the calipers are a different shade of red, idk. Saw the black in person though and my god it is stunning.
Argh! I’m in the same boat man.
I have red/white on order but seen some pics of black and it looks gorgeous.
Need to see in person. Snap any pics or video?

Reactions: jose3030
I bet it’s the range (or mpg equivalent). Having worked at a large manufacturing company for years I can just see it - everyone at Tesla scrambling to get the epa approval, war room plans to push out the service update for the range displayed, logistics, delays, finally yes!! It’s done! High fives all around!
Then the intern shyly pipes up “isn’t that listed on those window sticker thingys too?”

Shock and dismay all around the room. 🤣
They should just have it displayed on screen, there's no point it being printed out :)

Oddly when I tested the highland LR system against my 22’ LR one, the new felt echo ish with too much bass response but in a hollow way? Less treble clarity with the same songs and EQ settings.

Also when played louder my ears started to throb or hurt a bit whereas it never does in the 22’ version. The older version was is clean, crisp and an incredible system still.
I expected the new one to be better but found it was actually less balanced. Odd…
I understand this and it was my experience with a recently purchased Tesla as well. I believe that the speakers have to break in. I listen no louder than 6ish for the first 1000 miles and the sound does get noticeable better.