Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is utter bullshit. I sold my car FFS and also had I a more accurate timeline I could have been more patient and sold for a better price.

I mean, I have been saying "there is no orderly line" for a while now in this thread, to try to prepare people for this exact line of thinking / emotions.

Like I said in another post though, no matter what anyone does to try to tell / prepare people for this exact thing (that they will see others get vehicles that ordered after them, etc ), it doesnt work.

Which store at you at?
It wasn't my car, but they looked mine up. It's at the Denver (Longmont?) train station and should be here Saturday. I'll have a one hour window between delivery and close so I might wave the inspection. They are closed Sunday. This is the Peoria (E33rd) location. They have a blue performance with white interior if anyone wants to go see it.

The car is just nice. You've read all of the other comments. The way the doors close compared to my 2020, just a different class of car.

20240530_150202.jpg

Many of us have situations where two cars is not an option. In my case, I have a 25 year old sport car that is not easy to sell.
Once my window moved up to a delivery within the week (from delivery within two months), I sold my car. Now it's moved out a month. Unreasonable to blame the player when the game is as much of a clusterfuck as EDDs are.
I would agree with you if you had a VIN and not just an EDD. I feel for ya though! This car will be worth the BS!

Says the person from a zero % sales tax state. Not paying sales tax is a total cheat code!

If Tesla told me today that if i agree to not being charged $4,350 sales tax so that they can delay my order to October, where do i sign up for that! Yes please!

Not picking on you (and this is not an official moderator comment, its somewhere in between a regular comment and one with my mod hat on), but one of the reasons we dont really allow "state vs state" or "country vs country" posts is because they can very very quickly turn super nasty.

The comments so far have been fairly innocent which is why they all are still in the thread (the ones about "CA is a cheat code, etc) but i would be thrilled if we could steer the conversation away from such comments so I dont end up having to remove a bunch of stuff.

Yes, I figured if PNW VINs were starting to roll out, you and Cheddar and a few others would be knocking over little kids to come here and spread the good word! :p

There's been one so far - Crossing fingers SOON! :)

2!! We got 2 confirmed PNW VINs, folks! Congratulations! Yours and @jennieR 's car will likely be in the same truck. 😄
Great... I'm gonna be back to checking my phone every 3 minutes for a VIN...

Obviously the square setup is ideal for rotations/cost/simplicity, but I would personally advise against deviating from the staggered setup that comes stock on this new car. I can't find the post, but I recall seeing one of the early deliveries mentioning that the car "started to lose traction." They didn't mention rain or coming out of a corner. If this is true (i.e., the new M3P has so much power that it slips a bit from a straight line pull in dry conditions), then you'll definitely need the 275's in the back. As a side note, if this car actually "slips" at all then it'll be a huge disappointment. Did they design this with *too much* power? The outgoing M3P was absolutely perfect in this category. I've literally *never* felt the car slip from a launch in dry conditions---never! What's the point of this much power if it can't be translated properly? There's a reason why I don't own a RWD V8. LOL. On the other hand, you could consider going with a 275 square setup. However, I also recall seeing a Tesla video where they said that the 235/275 setup was designed/selected for a specific reason (though I could be wrong). Perhaps the front 235's are better for coming out of corners and steering feel/weight.

On another note, I can't find the post at the moment, but a few forum members were debating the winter/summer/all-season tire issue. I live in a rural-ish area of AZ and temps range from 20 degrees to 120+ degrees. I've *always* run summer only tires and have never had an issue with traction and/or compound cracking from the cold weather. Granted, I always keep my car in the garage in the winter. I think leaving the car outside in below 30 degree conditions could cause some issues if the car sits for extended periods. But otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. I've even taken my summer tires in snow conditions up into the mountains in Northern AZ, albeit briefly. Unless we are talking constant snowy conditions, I think *most* of us, even those in cold weather (below 30 temps) can safely run summer tires all year. The benefit is a much stickier tire and amazing traction, which, as I stated above, seems to be a necessity on this new model. A friend of mine has the all-season tires that come with the Model Y performance (Hankook Ion Evo) with a 540 treadwear rating. I was surprised that the car sticks consistently from a launch with 540s! I would never go any higher than a 300 rating on a performance car. The MYP is heavier and runs the 0-60 in the 3.5 range, so that could also be part of the equation for why this setup works. The MYP is also staggered from the factory. :)
Contact patch for 235 is the same as 275. 275 just helps in cornering

The EDD updated to "May 31 - Jun 7" and then right after scheduling delivery it updated to "Delivery: June 1"
Wow, things are moving fast now. VIN showed up early this morning (5/30) with a new EDD of 6/5 - 6/14. At 1 pm I get a "schedule your delivery" message starting Sunday (6/2) through Wednesday. I picked Monday at 1 pm to avoid the weekend (I'm assuming) rush here in "Tesla Land" Irvine CA. New Ultra Red/Black beauty arriving soon! Time to get going on re-homing my '18 M3.

Wow, got my VIN this morning after an EDD of June 3rd to June 30th, and just got a text to schedule delivery this weekend. Asked the SA about when the vehicle would arrive to delivery center and they said mid next week. Just goes to show things move chaotically and everything (including EDDs, SA input) should be taken with a grain of salt!
agnzt ordered on 4/25, same color as me, but I'm still waiting for a VIN and now likely to miss the delivery due to vacation and get hit with NJ EV tax of $1000 🤬

Wow, got my VIN this morning after an EDD of June 3rd to June 30th, and just got a text to schedule delivery this weekend. Asked the SA about when the vehicle would arrive to delivery center and they said mid next week. Just goes to show things move chaotically and everything (including EDDs, SA input) should be taken with a grain of salt!
Dang, congrats. I just got pushed to the 15th -30th and still no vin...