Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have reached my zen point. Will just be patient until the car arrives. 😌

1717515224100.png

Here in WA, front and rear are both required, as well. So when I got my 3 last summer, I bought one of those 'plate frames' that you clip into the lower 'grill' space. Once you have it set in place, you have a little key that you turn to lock it, then pull the key out. It looks decent and I can 'uninstall' the holder when I trade/sell the vehicle. Cost about $60 on Amazon. I know it's probably silly, but I just REALLY didn't want to drill into the front bumper.

Yeah, I am sure 'locked' or not if someone really, really wanted the plate they could break it off somehow - but then again that can be said for just about any plate: if a thief wants it bad enough, they'll get it.
I am interested in one for the 2024 M3P but the front grill looks different than the other Highlands in pictures. Can anyone confirm which ones work with the new Performance?

I have reached my zen point. Will just be patient until the car arrives. 😌

View attachment 1053447
After seeing my EDD update from Aug 13-Sept 25 to Sept 28-Nov 23 (Canada), I’m with you on this 100%!

Will continue to update the tracker. Until then, will check once a week or if I get a notif and will live through you lot who get deliveries :)

You know, months from now, you, Xianking, me, and a few others will be chilling in this place with nothing else but cobwebs, crickets, and bitterness. ;)

Was heartened by JennieR's comment that her dealership had delivered several when she picked hers up. :)
I feel bad for these poor chumps getting their VINs and deliveries so quickly. They don't get to experience the level of anticipation, excitement, and appreciation that comes from waiting longer than their peers. We're the lucky ones! ;)

I know this might ruffle some feathers since it accounts for like 50% of the orders, but I’m not really digging this car in stealth gray. Just doesn’t seem like a good fit to me. Every other color looks outstanding though.
If you were stating what you thought was an objective fact, then it might ruffle some feathers, but it's just your opinion, so have at it. I don't really like hardly any of the Tesla colors. I just dislike stealth gray the least. Tesla got rid of the only color I like for the Model 3, the silver. It's one of the things that makes it so hard to give up my 2018 Model 3.

Never had a front plate on any of my cars in CA, NorCal and SoCal, for the past 20 years and never had a single issue. I even once lived downtown where I drove by a major police station every day, with plenty of officers seeing my car, and they couldn't care less. I even visited that police station to deal with an issue and an officer complemented me on my car while obviously seeing that I had no front plates. Here in CA people are walking into retail stores and stealing $950 worth of merch every day and police won't respond. I don't think front plates are a high priority infraction.
Sad.

What I want to know is who @Jangy bribed to get their sg/black vin in NJ 4 days after they ordered a month after orders opened when I'm in NY and ordered the same configuration 45 minutes after it went live and still have no vin despite every other sg/black before my order and a decent handful after all having vins.

I know there's no queue but I'd been assuming it was just a north east thing until I saw that... Not sure what's going on with my order. (Genuine congrats to @Jangy though.)
Do you REALLY want to know?... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: CaPitanSlo3
I know this might ruffle some feathers since it accounts for like 50% of the orders, but I’m not really digging this car in stealth gray. Just doesn’t seem like a good fit to me. Every other color looks outstanding though.
I value the low profile color of stealth grey…it’s true to its namesake! I honestly really really like all the colors on this car…I’m sure any car that gets wrapped will be stealth grey because it’s free and this will negate the sheer numbers of this color because a lot of people wrap teslas.

m3p.png

I scheduled a 6/6 delivery with my SA via text on Sunday. Ever since the delivery appt started showing up in the app, I get one of the above daily. I asked my SA about it and she said that's just a canned message from Tesla and to keep my 6/6 appointment.

Just odd how these come every day. Maybe they are triggered by the SC marking the PDI complete or something? In any case, I'm keeping my Thurs appt. Getting close now!