Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed this giant scratch when I washed my car today, just picked it up last night I’m sure it was there when I picked it up it was dirty and I didn’t notice, anyone know do I just make a service appt or what do I do to get Tesla to fix it?
View attachment 1053592

Those look like someone keyed the car or something. Its more than one scratch, first of all.

I would be extremely surprised if Tesla agreed that was damage that was there prior to delivery. It stands out like a sore thumb, and it would be almost impossible for a car to be that dirty on pickup to not notice those multiple scratches.

They did tell me that it was trucked from Chicago to STL so you’re right. What’s your config? I had two orders and I just canceled one so it should pop up as inventory soon. It’s stealth gray with white interior. You can ask your SA about it.
UR/Black anyday now! My SA has been booty. They haven’t responded to one message lol

Attachments

• IMG_9997.jpeg
    IMG_9997.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, I thought I saw a slight indentation under the charging port when I picked up my car in 2018. I was so excited to get the car and finally have it after almost 2.5 years of waiting that I didn't schedule to have it fixed. Fast forward to now and I've been staring at that damn ding in the side panel for almost 6 f-ing years. Do yourself a favor take the time to look the car over and get things fixed.

This 1000% - 24 hours and you basically accept the issue and have to live with it or fix it on your own dime! They screwed it up, so let them fix it. This is a luxury car damnit.

I’ve seen you have 24 hours / 100 miles to address issues, but I guess I’ll find out if that’s really true. I’m starting to think they purposely delivered it to me super dirty!
I will be picking mine up from the same location as you. I used to work at a dealership and there is no way we would deliver a brand new car(no matter the cost) super dirty. If i get there and its super dirty I will be asking for a fresh wash at the very least. There is simply no reason a brand new car should be delivered super dirty.

Jesus, I pretty much had forgotten there a blue option. Has anyone even posted a picture of a blue delivery? I can't remember seeing one.
was trying to find a blue one i saw a few days ago, but found this one instead from 5/29... the first video of M3P on track? 😯

... with interesting comments about the breaks heating up and degraded performance; maybe breaks upgrade is a track must? 🤔

curious to hear this thread's thoughts...

I will be picking mine up from the same location as you. I used to work at a dealership and there is no way we would deliver a brand new car(no matter the cost) super dirty. If i get there and its super dirty I will be asking for a fresh wash at the very least. There is simply no reason a brand new car should be delivered super dirty.
funny. I always ask dealerships to NEVER wash my car. 99.9% of scratches occurs during a wash. I always tell them to do a mechanical PDI BUT that is it. Keep all the plastic on the car. touch nothing!

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
was trying to find a blue one i saw a few days ago, but found this one instead from 5/29... the first video of M3P on track? 😯

... with interesting comments about the breaks heating up and degraded performance; maybe breaks upgrade is a track must? 🤔

curious to hear this thread's thoughts...

Let's wait until someone actually drives it on a track IN Track Mode before we make any assumptions.

Picked it up as scheduled. I didn't realize they removed the stalks and the turn signals are buttons now. I'm getting used to it. I need instructions on how to remove the large aero covers, I tried for a moment and they won't budge. Build quality is perfect, I have yet to find any issues at all. My 2019 was a *sugar* show.

View attachment 1053505View attachment 1053506View attachment 1053507
Great pics, nice to finally see a black/black. Hopefully I get mine sometime this century!

It had bird poop on it when I picked it up! I’ve dealt with Tigard several times and they suck.

This 1000% - 24 hours and you basically accept the issue and have to live with it or fix it on your own dime! They screwed it up, so let them fix it. This is a luxury car damnit.
just gonna leave this here... 🙂

you can format/buy/print/mobile this delivery day checklist by @everydaychris:
(there's also an open source one)

...here's his response:

... and here's his awesome M3P review:

I’m sure this was asked, and I’ve actually read through this insanely long thread, but can’t recall. :)
Will boxed 18” rims/wheels actually fit without shims of some sort (to clear the calipers) on this performance car?
I have an extra set of 18” rims with snow tires for winter, and it would be nice (and cheaper) to just fit those during winter if it works.

Reactions: bolduser31
Those look like someone keyed the car or something. Its more than one scratch, first of all.

I would be extremely surprised if Tesla agreed that was damage that was there prior to delivery. It stands out like a sore thumb, and it would be almost impossible for a car to be that dirty on pickup to not notice those multiple scratches.
That was my initial impression. Sure looks like a keying but it is an odd place for it.

It definitely wasn’t keyed, I’ve been with it the whole time and we have cameras at my work parking area. It would be weird to key a car vertically, I always key cars horizontally haha! I just missed it I didn’t look around that well and was in a rush. If I have to pay to have it fixed so be it, but I’m gonna try like heck to have them fix it.

If you were stating what you thought was an objective fact, then it might ruffle some feathers, but it's just your opinion, so have at it. I don't really like hardly any of the Tesla colors. I just dislike stealth gray the least. Tesla got rid of the only color I like for the Model 3, the silver. It's one of the things that makes it so hard to give up my 2018 Model 3.

my goodness so I love that silver color on a 3. So disappointed that color has not come back.

Reactions: xianking