Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question … I ordered SG w/black. Order was place on May 1st after the 1st price hike.

I want to change my order to White w/black.

I can’t get an exact answer on what pricing structure I would fall into. If I fall into the pricing structure on May 1st then I still qualify for the $7500.

Please advise.

Well yesterday it looks like there was only one confirmed VIN. This morning I logged in and have seen no vins posted. This going to be another sad day of no VINS? lol

A lot of people had EDDs moved to mid-late June was hoping that meant there was a possible shipment being put together and VINs would start popping out for some of these people.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
Question … I ordered SG w/black. Order was place on May 1st after the 1st price hike.

I can’t get an exact answer on what pricing structure I would fall into. If I fall into the pricing structure on May 1st then I still qualify for the $7500.

Please advise.
You will need to pay the current price (won’t qualify for the credit)

• Disagree
Reactions: AJ Henderson
Do we know of all the countries that Tesla currently sells to, how many have started deliveries.
Curious if Canada is the only country that hasn’t seen deliveries yet ?
No deliveries in Australia yet. Due to start next month although the earliest EDD I’ve seen was a range starting on 30 June but I’ll eat my hat if that happens. Ships are in their way though.

Reactions: M109Rider
Yesterday went from Excitement to Sadness

My Est. Delivery went from June 3-June 14 to June 7-June 21
That’s my same EDD. I went into the local SC yesterday and the guy showed me the expected build date of 6/18, with a delivery on 6/20. He gave me the “currently no VIN, not guaranteed” caveat. But at least it’s something. Guy was super knowledgeable and normally works at my original delivery location, said it was a good thing that I changed to my current delivery location.

He also showed me how to set the acceleration modes as a quick access on the left wheel. Yes please!!

More photos of the blue
IMG_2086.jpeg
IMG_2087.jpeg
IMG_2088.jpeg

Very nice. Obviously colors are completely subjective and blue doesn't tend to be as popular a color but it's one of my favorites depending on the shade. I have had several blue cars including my 2021 LR. I just wanted to mix it up and went with SG this time. I think my favorite was my 2016 340 xdrive msport in estoril blue.
Love the BMW blues. Laguna Seca and Estoril blues are 👌. Wish Tesla offered a brighter blue option.

I have studied the Tracker endlessly and while there is no one specific thing that tells you exactly when your car will be produced, transported, and delivered there are a few things that can help you gauge it pretty well.

1. Of the 51 cars that have been delivered on the Tracker so far, none have been delivered more than 18 days after their VIN was assigned.

2. Location of delivery matters. The vast majority of cars delivered so far have been in California.

3. Once I got a VIN I was able to schedule a delivery date by going into the Service Center and requesting one. However, they were ultra conservative about what dates I could choose. He said that if it comes in early they would move the date up.

4. They typically will deliver a car to the person with the lower order number first IF there are two people who ordered the exact same car at the exact same location and neither one had a previous RWD/LR order that they were converting over. Yes, there are exceptions to this rule but that is generally what they try to do if the orders are truly identical.

5. Your order date/order number mean absolutely nothing if they don't have your specific configuration going to your specific delivery center. If they have a blue one with white seats going to your delivery center and you ordered any other colors someone who ordered WAY after you might get that car before you get yours. Logistics seems to matter the most for who gets a car and when they get it.

Please advise.
I ordered on Day 1 and have changed color's several times. You will be grandfathered into price of when order was placed.