Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on Day 1 and have changed color's several times. You will be grandfathered into price of when order was placed.
You are correct sir. I just changed my order (from SG to White) and the pricing is the same as the day I ordered.

With White I am still under the 55K threshold and thus still qualify for the $7500.

I made the change online and then immediately checked my app and it saw the update on the app.

And now let's see if my EDD changes. I have not received a VIN yet.

Has anyone come up with any ideas why hardly any VINs go out Tuesdays or Wednesdays? Are they producing the cars and using this time to decide where which cars are going to ship to and then that’s why the majority of the VINs are assigned on Thursday-Sat?

I know it’s always been lower on these days, but it seems like this is the least amount of VINs we have seen in a while. Or maybe I’m just getting in my head because I’m anxiously awaiting?

Has anyone come up with any ideas why hardly any VINs go out Tuesdays or Wednesdays? Are they producing the cars and using this time to decide where which cars are going to ship to and then that’s why the majority of the VINs are assigned on Thursday-Sat?

I know it’s always been lower on these days, but it seems like this is the least amount of VINs we have seen in a while. Or maybe I’m just getting in my head because I’m anxiously awaiting?
They produce cars on Tuesday. Wednesday they have a pizza party at 11am. And then Thursday morning they assign vins

Dude, I gotta say this as a person with ADHD and OCD. You gotta take a break. Your obsession is taking control, you are wearing yourself out. I see you on Reddit and here, not healthy bud.

Don’t worry about the things you can’t change.

Question … I ordered SG w/black. Order was place on May 1st after the 1st price hike.

I want to change my order to White w/black.

I can’t get an exact answer on what pricing structure I would fall into. If I fall into the pricing structure on May 1st then I still qualify for the $7500.

Please advise.
Go into the app and modify your order. You can then switch colors and see what happens with the price. I switched mine to white from SG, and it used the same price that it was when I placed the original order. A day later I switched back to SG and it kept the original price.

I think this was asked before but wasn't positive. If the trade in offer is going to expire before car arrives we can't turn in the car early correct?
I don't have an answer to your question, but I was in the same boat. Tesla offered a $21,000 trade-in offer. The EDD was nowhere close to the date prior to the offer expiring. I went online to Carmax, and they quoted 20k. I then got a KBB estimate, and their partner dealerships offered $21,930. I took my Toyota to their partner Honda dealership and sold it for 22k. FWIW

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
After I got my VIN, the Tesla delivery location was not assigned for a couple weeks when I checked in the "Registration" tab in the app. Then it got assigned the day my car arrived at my local SC. So do you think that's a general rule: that once you see your Tesla delivery location get populated in the Registration tab, you know your car is on site? Or was that just a fluke for me?