Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Gray/black M3P on 4/28. Pickup was supposed to be 6/8. Received a text on 6/7 stating that due to a firmware issue, delivery date will be pushed back 2 days. I asked the advisor via text if my vehicle was the only M3P that had this issue and her reply was that it was all model 3 and model Y LR (something seemed off about this). Received another text today stating that the vehicle did not pass inspection and that I will be put back into the queue for a new VIN. As my advisor kept ignoring my text, I drove to the dealership today to ask what exactly is wrong with the vehicle. Salesman said that the vehicle had issues with the seatbelt along with the gear selector. The app first showed my VIN removed and showed an EDD of 6/8-6/13 which was then moved over to 6/13-6/27. Question is if anyone knows if I'm getting put back at the end of the queue or if Telsa will possibly get me a vehicle from the next delivery batch. Also, as the VIN was still mine earlier today, I ended up getting an email showing a service appointment confirmation. Feels like there was some damage to the vehicle and the reps are giving me the run around.

Looks like I'll brining my days old M3P to the SC for some minor issues.

1) The aero caps make crackling sounds when driving at low speeds. I'm aware that this has been a long running issue with various Tesla models across many years. It seems the new aero inserts on the new forged wheels are no different. I'll probably just ask the SC to remove the long inserts, which have no holes, as it looks better anyway.

2) Rattle by driver side dash which is another well known issue across various Tesla models over the years. I honestly don't know why Tesla doesn't just put slightly more time into adding foam by the front speaker area where the rattle is known to come from. It would be less costly than wasting the countless hours of SC labor across generations of cars. I could probably DIY this but don't feel I should have to on a brand new car.

Other than these two minor issues the car has been a lot of fun so far. Putting your foot down, while cruising at highway speed, really shows off the improved capability of the new drive unit. Needless to say my efficiency numbers have not been great since I've owned the car. If the novelty of the new DU doesn't wear off soon these tires / rubber bands won't last too long especially since you can't rotate them. For the people who are still waiting for their delivery it's worth the wait.

Ordered Gray/black M3P on 4/28. Pickup was supposed to be 6/8. Received a text on 6/7 stating that due to a firmware issue, delivery date will be pushed back 2 days. I asked the advisor via text if my vehicle was the only M3P that had this issue and her reply was that it was all model 3 and model Y LR (something seemed off about this). Received another text today stating that the vehicle did not pass inspection and that I will be put back into the queue for a new VIN. As my advisor kept ignoring my text, I drove to the dealership today to ask what exactly is wrong with the vehicle. Salesman said that the vehicle had issues with the seatbelt along with the gear selector. The app first showed my VIN removed and showed an EDD of 6/8-6/13 which was then moved over to 6/13-6/27. Question is if anyone knows if I'm getting put back at the end of the queue or if Telsa will possibly get me a vehicle from the next delivery batch. Also, as the VIN was still mine earlier today, I ended up getting an email showing a service appointment confirmation. Feels like there was some damage to the vehicle and the reps are giving me the run around.
Honestly, I'd be glad just to have any moment at all. Ordered grey/black 5 whole days earlier than you and I don't even have a vin yet.

I'm just disappointed that my rep only texts to send me updates and never replies to a single question. Also sucks that after getting the VIN earlier this week, I took care of insurance, financing, paid a sizable downpayment, scheduled my current vehicle early lease return.

Sounds very accurate. Anyone in here knows since I had to be placed back into the queue for a VIN if I should get one of the upcoming batches or if I'm getting pushed to the end of the line?

Would be pretty messed up if you were pushed back to the end of the line. Then again I called different dealerships and got different answers today about my delivery location. One said "closest one to your zipcode" and there is no option to switch, another one said they can switch to another location, then a third one said she switched it to a show room that did not accept deliveries, but I got switched to an even different one.

At this point I don't trust the SA and won't be bothering calling or messaging them anymore.

on Monday my EDD went from 8/27 - 10/8, to 6/6 - 6/20, so I'm officially in the EDD window now! (i know, i know, but this is the closest I've been to my car 😁)

expecting VIN in the next week or two and delivery a couple of weeks after that, so might be tight to be within June/Q2!

ordered 4/30, UR/White, San Francisco
EDD now 6/20-6/30... gonna be tight indeed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240606-212009~2.png
    Screenshot_20240606-212009~2.png
    290 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and arkhos
Sounds very accurate. Anyone in here knows since I had to be placed back into the queue for a VIN if I should get one of the upcoming batches or if I'm getting pushed to the end of the line?
Based on others who have experienced issues with damage, they received new VIN's almost immediately so you may not go right to the front of the line but it should be pretty quick.

Reactions: xianking
Anyone in MA take delivery yet? I’ve had my vin for 2 weeks and I can’t even get them to give me a straight answer. Most frustrating buying experience I’ve ever had.
Was getting frustrated as i was in the same situation, 2 Weeks with a VIN assigned but no update on scheduling for delivery. Finally got my SA to schedule me today after countless days of nagging for updates lol! Delivery set for next tuesday!!!

I would suggest either going in and asking to schedule or nag them just like me lol😆

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Jakub1