Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, how many VIN's have we seen this week?

crickets.jpg

Anyone from South FL. (Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale area) taking delivery this week or next week? I woke up to my order being pushed for the 8th or 9th time but this time only by a day. I know I’m being paranoid but my concern is that somehow my order is given to someone else and I get a BS excuse that pushes me back.

I have your car. Send me 2 bitcoins and I’ll return it haha. I doubt it’s anything more than the dates doing what they do.

Also was this the inspiration for your name

MV5BNmYyMmI0OWUtZGFkNi00MjY1LTkwZDYtOGE2MjQwMjhjMzRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_.jpg

I feel bad for you lol, you’ve been waiting way too long for someone living right next to fremont.
Haha thanks, I actually feel worse for the folks who ordered a week or more before me that still haven’t gotten VINs. My order date is 5/4 so I wasn’t that early.

Our proximity to Fremont means Bay Area folks are essentially “on-call” until we get our VINs and deliveries. Everyone else is allocated to a shipment which is tracked and planned with more thorough logistics since there are trucks and trains involved. Ours are basically an extra batch.

I think I got screwed because of my color choice. I probably would have gotten it sooner if I had locked in the price for red/black or settled for sg/white. Black/black just seems to be in shorter supply, even though it’s the most common color combo I have seen for MY and MS demo cars.

Reactions: G80Crusin_
Anyone from South FL. (Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale area) taking delivery this week or next week? I woke up to my order being pushed for the 8th or 9th time but this time only by a day. I know I’m being paranoid but my concern is that somehow my order is given to someone else and I get a BS excuse that pushes me back. I know a few post ago a member said he got reassigned a new VIN while getting excuses from the SA then being dodged. That sounds shady AF to me. I’ve had my VIN for weeks and have not been able to schedule a pickup/delivery date while others say they could make an appointment shortly after receiving a VIN. I was being very patient but that last story and my recent push back has definitely shifted me into a different gear. I think I will stop by the SC as soon as I get out from work or tomorrow morning.

I'm on the other coast (Tampa side). It sounds like you are getting close. My EDD got pushed by one day every day for a week. I was a little worried but I think what is happening is that your car probably arrived at your SC and they haven't had time to inspect it yet. Some SCs are busy with Model Y deliveries and such and your car may sit a few days. If you check the "Registration" tab in the Tesla app and scroll down, is your SC listed under delivery location? If so, I believe that means the car is at your local SC. Once they do the inspection (and probably install firmware, etc.) you'll get a text saying "Your Model 3 is on site".

Not for nothing but Tesla is really pissing me off with how they are assigning VINs and what not. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy for the people that have received their VINs and taken delivery but what is the point of ordering in the first day or two if they aren’t going down the list in order or when you submitted it? Some of us ordered the first or second day and still have yet to have a VIN assigned. I’d love to see the logic that went into the VIN Allocation/Assignment process.

Just needed to vent about that. Feel much better now. I’m coming from a Mustang Mach E and everyone that I know that has a Tesla is like you won’t regret switching……

Not for nothing but Tesla is really pissing me off with how they are assigning VINs and what not. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy for the people that have received their VINs and taken delivery but what is the point of ordering in the first day or two if they aren’t going down the list in order or when you submitted it? Some of us ordered the first or second day and still have yet to have a VIN assigned. I’d love to see the logic that went into the VIN Allocation/Assignment process.

Just needed to vent about that. Feel much better now. I’m coming from a Mustang Mach E and everyone that I know that has a Tesla is like you won’t regret switching……
I understand your frustration, but a lot of this comes down to the logistics of delivering cars. If person X from Missouri is one of the first orders on release day, Tesla will find other orders from Missouri to ship with X’s. Some of those other orders may be from far down the chronological order list, but it makes no sense to ship cars individually solely to appease early orderers.

I've been going back and forth deciding between MyQ and Homelink. MyQ is $300 for a 10yr sub and Homelink is $350. I already have MyQ installed in my garage ($30) where I can control the door from my watch or phone. The signal path is roughly this: watch/phone sends data via internet through LTE/5G/wifi to MyQ server --> Server sends data to my MyQ device via internet then routed through my wifi. There's a fair amount of lag in this process ranging from 3 to 15 seconds depending on signal quality and internet traffic.
The advantage I see for Homelink is that it's a direct RF garage door signal emitting device not dependent on internet connection signal quality and 3rd party server response time. I may just go with Homelink.
I have My Q and I loved it. I pull in my driveway and the door opens without any interaction from me. I leave the driveway and the reverse happens.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Well I took a few hours this morning to fix the frunk gaps, eliminate the dash rattle, and then put on a coat of Collinite 845,

The front passenger edge of the frunk was almost touching (near zero gap) when I took delivery:
1717776099214.png

After diddling the bolts and adjusting, it's fixed:
1717776216596.png

The dash rattle ended up being the piece just above the LED strip on top of the dash. This shows a tiny piece of foam that I gently pushed just above the LED strip (between the LED strip and top cover): I took the pic before I tucked it in completely with my pry tool so you can see where the foam is. Test drive proves the rattle is gone. Foam is not visible at all once I tucked it all the way in with my pry tool.
1717776359111.png

I even found that if I popped the removable screen out of my old Model 3 front grill screen, the screen fits well enough to protect the radiator from bugs and leaves until someone releases one designed for the MP3. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it's hard to see down there in the shadows anyway and it'll keep me clean until I get an official one (can't find any right now). It's just double stick tape on the ends and a zip tie in the middle so I can easily remove it when I get a good one.
1717776536873.png

When waxing, I did find three tiny paint imperfections, all on the passenger side. The most noticeable one is a white fleck under the clear coat on the rear passenger door. It's so tiny it doesn't stick out (about the size of a pin prick). The biggest one looks like a rock chip maybe the size of a pencil eraser on tthe lower kick panel. Both need a tiny touchup so I'm going to get some touchup paint.