Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD also just got pushed back to June 13-June 27

This is the 8th push back since ordering

I ordered 4/24

I'm starting to think someone doesn't like me up there
I think the earlier theory of getting some of the far away early adopters taken care of and then as the quarter wraps up they are going to bombard the west coast for rapid deliveries is playing out. That’s four very similar EDD changes, all California orders. It’s going down before June is up. I feel it in my plums.

1717859165603.png

I can't decide if I like this better or the original center cap. What do you guys think?

Oh, BTW I took the wheels off to remove the aero inserts and the lug nut torque on every lug nut was between 60 and 80 lb/ft from the factory. Hmm.

View attachment 1054703
I can't decide if I like this better or the original center cap. What do you guys think?

Oh, BTW I took the wheels off to remove the aero inserts and the lug nut torque on every lug nut was between 60 and 80 lb/ft from the factory. Hmm.
The more I see these wheels without the covers, the more I think they look best with them installed. Just too open without them.

Do you even sleep? :D

But yes it’s super depressing. In past 5-6 days we have had like 7 VINs compared to nearly 80-90 VINs last week.

Something is up lol.

Doesn't look like there flooded with M3 to reduce output.
There pushing the non performance with the 1.9% @ 36 mo.
Wonder if they are Panasonic 2170 constrained? Roomer said they were stockpiling them prior to M3P launch.
Maybe suspension or motor components. Maybe someone dumped out all the KAF and they are waiting on Mobile. 🤣

(USA quarter inventory as reported by TESLAINFO.COM )
1717859723587.png

Reactions: bdudney665
View attachment 1054703

I understood you can’t check torque when loosening. Only tightening. ….
Do torque wrenches work accurately in reverse ?

The more I see these wheels without the covers, the more I think they look best with them installed. Just too open without them.
I go back and forth. Half of me says they are too open and I see more brake rotor than wheel. The other half says it looks cool that way. One thing that would probably encourage me to keep them off is that it removes 4 lbs of unsprung weight. Might give me a couple hundredths in the 1/4 mile. ;)

I understood you can’t check torque when loosening. Only tightening. ….
Do torque wrenches work accurately in reverse ?
I've never had any trouble measuring while loosening. I have a manual torque wrench that has a scale on it and the needle points to a number on the scale based on how far the arm bends. I did tighten a couple that were factory installed with my better torque wrench that was set to 129 lb/ft and the nuts turned substantially before it clicked. I probably got 1/8 of a turn or a little more before it clicked. Meaning they were loose.

Doesn't look like there flooded with M3 to reduce output.
There pushing the non performance with the 1.9% @ 36 mo.
Wonder if they are Panasonic 2170 constrained? Roomer said they were stockpiling them prior to M3P launch.
Maybe suspension or motor components. Maybe someone dumped out all the KAF and they are waiting on Mobile. 🤣

(USA quarter inventory as reported by TESLAINFO.COM )
View attachment 1054708
I totally agree. Especially with the firmware/EPA delay I’m sure that led to a surplus of M3P, but nearly 10x a surplus? I don’t think so. ~10 vins for an entire week is stupidly low. They are never going to crank out all these orders at that pace. Let’s just hope it picks back up.