Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped off for 15% all around and 70% front they told me they jam a special sheet in there to soak up water, we shall see. Where you getting yours done?
still unsure if i should tint the windshield at all reading that its critical that the tinter not get water down there and potential liabilities when in accident. its like 300 for Llumar.

i was very close to tinting it at an "affordable" shop in Newark/Elizabeth, but decided to be patient and wait a few days for my local authorized Llumar shop (BoomBoom in Pal Park) to fit me into their schedule. 600 Llumar Pinnacle (no windshield) vs 350 Suntek ceramic (no windshield) vs 590 3M IR ceramic (with windshield) all with half rear (do not want to darken the roof to ruin the view as i use a shade in the summer months and have had bottom half of rear tinted 5% on my previous M3P for 4 yrs and liked it that way (you cannot get rid of factory fade)

Auto Action also has one of the best pricing and they offer valet/free loaner cars.

Where are you getting yours tinted at?

Everyone that bought a car at the peak of COVID lost money. Not isolated to electric cars. Tesla was amplified by 1: The press and 2: They dropped prices to reflect lower manufacturing costs post COVID. That in turn made buying new more attractive. 3: Government incentives. Why buy used when you get 12K off of a new car (Colorado & Federal). 4: The economy isn't great, so people are selling their cars and increasing supply. Too much supply, gotta drop the price.

So, it's not depreciation of electric cars. It's a variety of factors that make it appear to be an "electric car" thing.
certain models of vehicles are still selling at thousands over MSRP and wait Almost 1 yr for it. People are still dumb enough to "love/want" a car that bad. examples are Toyota Grand Highlanders Max Hybrid and Lexus TX

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Efficiency is atrocious for the new. Just look at the differences here. I am doing efficiency testing tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the new one close to what my 2022 Model 3 Performance is doing right now.

Just look at the difference here. Guess which one is which.
I haven't taken mine out of insane mode since I bought it. I've only put about 100 miles on it so far but I track the efficiency through TeslaFi and the new one in insane mode doesn't seem to be any more thirsty than my 2021 LR. Wh/mi are nearly identical on the same drives in the same weather.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I haven't taken mine out of insane mode since I bought it. I've only put about 100 miles on it so far but I track the efficiency through TeslaFi and the new one in insane mode doesn't seem to be any more thirsty than my 2021 LR. Wh/mi are nearly identical on the same drives in the same weather.
I was mostly saying it was bad as compared to my 2022 Model 3 Performance. I have optimized it for efficiency so I get about 300 miles of range even with 2.5 years of degradation.

I hope to be able to swap on a set of efficient tires with the new one and get 350+ miles of range with it.

Reactions: hkarthik and MikeyC
certain models of vehicles are still selling at thousands over MSRP and wait Almost 1 yr for it. People are still dumb enough to "love/want" a car that bad. examples are Toyota Grand Highlanders Max Hybrid and Lexus TX
Toyota has been and always will be the exception to deprecation of any form. They didn't raise prices during COVID and it's the most desirable vehicle on the market.

Has anyone found any decent floor mats? And can anyone confirm/deny if the regular Highland mats fit the Performance?
i bought Super Liner all weather mats from Amazon for $107. fits well. includes cabin mats, trunk, trunk well and frunk.
lol they didn’t but their dealers sure as hell did
yep, pretty much all dealers added markups, which forced me to get my 1st Jeep brand (can't wait til the lease expires in 5 months). Ultimately its the buyers fault... those willing to pay.

Went to pick up delivery today. So far so good, unfortunately there appears to be caulk in the headlight. Kinda odd, there was also a chip by the handle. I reported it and was asked to go to the show room and they can take a look. Waiting for feedback
Thankfully, I was able to get it cleaned out while there at the delivery center it was under the frunk too. l was not expecting too much from the delivery staff while there, but they weren't the happiest to work with. There was one guy who was an exception, the one who helped with the caulk and helped provide a screwdriver for the plate.

Regarding the pickup it was as easy as going in and saying I was there for pickup and could of drove off with it rather smoothly. However I wanted to do an FSD demo, but was yepped through any questions or anything I said, she even said she was "jealous of my purchase as she wanted one too." The lady may been having a day, but she seemed in a rush and didn't have much patience. Overall not the best experience.

There was something sticky by the camera right above it that wiped off and something else near the back. The chip by the panel had a small scratch that looked like it would buff out. Otherwise, the panel gaps looked great and the car was perfect in the interior. It's currently at the tint shop. I will post some pics when I get it back.
It's an upgrade in literally every way from my 2020 P3D-. Fit and finish is excellent, zero misaligned panels or gaps, interior is flawless, alignment is perfect and it drives straight. There were a couple minor paint chips around the car and the adhesive for the badge is coming off — those will be fixed in service. Definitely not a big deal at all.

The biggest thing that I was concerned about was ride quality and interior noise. My old Performance on Pilot Sport AS4s were very loud inside, especially at highway speeds. Today, coming back home cruising at 70 MPH was so jarring because it was WHISPER quiet. Took my family for a ride one by one and they were surprised how quiet it was compared to the old one as well. The ride is also noticeably softer despite being on 20" wheels versus 18" on our 2020. It actually rides like a 50-60k car now.

Overall a fantastic upgrade from our old Model 3, super happy with the new one. The wait was well worth it.
I was shocked at how quiet it was. They had an automatic garage opener at the site I was at and it scared me how loud it was on the way in. On the way out, didn't hear it one bit.

The car is an absolute dream to drive. I had a smile the whole time taking off and I'm quite excited to get it back this weekend, such a tease.

For all who ordered, hang in tight! You are getting one hell of a car!