Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1057319
I’m about to pull the trigger on this. I’m suspecting once people find out about the 7.5K rebate the available ones will be gone and it’ll be the EDD game all over again.

Seeing as some people from January still don’t have their LRs I’m most likely going to cancel my order and get this now.

The really only thing I miss out on in the M3P is the speed. “Normal” mode should pull about the same as the trap speed is similar. Rest is all cons for the M3P in the Midwest.
I could say the same when comparing the Model Y to the Model 3 LR!

If you mean you think 10% of all orders for a model 3 performance that tesla has received are on the tracker here, It would be my opinion thats estimate is extremely high. There are 442 lines on the tracker. If that was 10% off all orders, that would mean Tesla only had 4,442 orders for model 3 performance, across the US.

My guess is more like 2 or maybe 3%.
That would also make the North East issues make more sense if we're highly under represented in the tracker.

My car is scheduled to arrive in Denver on 6/22 and my delivery appointment is set for 6/24. My app still wasn’t allowing final payment so I had to ask why and that’s when they scheduled delivery. Not sure why someone didn’t reach out like others have mentioned.
Wait what is the issue with the final payment that you had? Is completing the final payment portion in the APP required for them to schedule a delivery? I thought you could complete that once you're there.

I think what Tesla is really struggling with is they over forecasted the Model Y sales and under forecasted the Model 3 sales. People are very sensitive to the “age” of cars, meaning refreshes to the body and interior, and Tesla doesn’t really get that yet. People want to see changes and new things, not the same thing for 4 years. And that is usually shown in exterior body changes, not just like “hey the rims are now black instead of silver.”
Absolutely this. I parked mine at a very busy supercharger station along the interstate today and had a ton of families with several year old Model Ys come up to compliment me on the M3P. They all said the exact same thing: “I could trade in for a new model Y right now for a great deal and drive away today - but I’m waiting for a refresh”

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Got my vin today thanks to raptor911 . Have to make a 5 hour trip but better than waiting until aug or sept . If your looking for a black and white they have one in Maryland for people on east coast .
How are you able to find this information? Was it a declined car? How would I reach out to Tesla about picking it up? Thank you!

Depends on how you define "better".

I decided that I wanted to take a cashiers check both times for my down payment. In SoCal, Tesla had no issues taking my cashiers check from NavyFed credit union. That was much preferrable to me than using the "plaid" service which I was not familiar with. I am extremely hesitant about linking payment platforms to my financial institution.

I even opened up another account at my bank (that I keep a zero balance in most of the time) simply for being able to venmo someone money. When I need to do that, I transfer money to my "venmo" bank account (that normally has a zero balance) and the open venmo and send it.

Thats a "me" choice though, I dont want to imply there is something wrong with plaid (I dont know but I dont think there is). I just was not going to link some service for a one time payment thing if I didnt have to, and because Tesla is fine with cashiers checks drawn on known institutions, I didnt have to (link plaid).
Concerns here are true. Plaid agreement states it will retain access to your account. Participating banks have no way to stop it either because Plaid has them install a proprietary API for their use. When you "link" Plaid, you are issuing them a login token based on your current password and PIN to your account. The only way to break Plaid from continuing to see all your activity is to submit a ticket to them to purge all their records of your account and to change your password and online PIN .

You should be aware, you aren't granting permission for them to just submit an ACH request on your behalf, you are granting them permission to all your available past and future transaction history as well.

Bring a cashier's check.

Never trust FinTech startups.

So... what did they do? Put the Panasonic battery in the LR now?

I have no regrets. I did, however, regret not getting the P when I got my 2021 LR. And I even got the boost for the LR which makes the acceleration difference negligible... and still wished the whole time I had gotten the P.
Unlikely, but we will see when the first tax credit LR's are delivered. More likely Tesla just received the approval on their refile for credit status after the Treasury cut the EV credit mineral targets in half last month. Once an approval is received, it only counts on vehicles "built" after that approval date for that model year. All the inventory units built before then that are eligible for finance and stale inventory discounts won't qualify.

All this means is automakers will have an easier time getting vehicles to qualify but there will not be a fluke of Chinese LFP RWD cars getting approved anymore. The place of battery construction still matters moving forward. So until Tesla gets a US LFP battery partner, there won't be 30k Model 3 RWD's ever again.

I think what Tesla is really struggling with is they over forecasted the Model Y sales and under forecasted the Model 3 sales. People are very sensitive to the “age” of cars, meaning refreshes to the body and interior, and Tesla doesn’t really get that yet. People want to see changes and new things, not the same thing for 4 years. And that is usually shown in exterior body changes, not just like “hey the rims are now black instead of silver.”
I demo’d the MY, MS, and M3 highland at the service center. It wasn’t even close as the M3 felt more modern, had better build quality, and was priced very competitively.

The MY felt very outdated and clunky, the MS felt overpriced and heavier, and the M3 was just right. The choice was obvious.

Based on these, it looks like the Panasonic (U.S.) version really is quite a bit faster than the LG (China made non-U.S.) version. The LG version barely crawls away from the 2022 while the U.S. (Panasonic) version walks away quickly and gaps the 2021. There was some speculation (by the Electric Viking) that the LG version is only maybe 20 HP down from the Panasonic version but this looks more like 50 HP to me (as stated in the Tesla specs).