Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
whats fake spot? i've been using it on my '24 M3P for about 1.5 weeks. i've had 2 other older versions from other brands on Amazon that were a black mesh type that allowed some sun into the cabin and they were a pain to keep in place as the clips keep falling off. This current version is light colored similar to the interior headliner and keeps approx 99.5% of the sun out (u can still see the shape of the sun during sunny conditions) and none of clips have not fallen out and the shade seems to fit better.
FakeSpot.com rates Amazon reviews on how legit they appear to be.
Thank you for reviewing these for me.

Reactions: eric135i
I am scheduled to pickup my M3P tomorrow and I messaged in the app and they said they don’t have an exact ETA for arrival today (I was told 5 days ago it’s supposed to arrive Tuesday evening).

What are the chances I am going to get delayed? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself so I don’t get massively disappointed.

I did get a message in the app reminding me of my appt tomorrow.

I am scheduled to pickup my M3P tomorrow and I messaged in the app and they said they don’t have an exact ETA for arrival today (I was told 5 days ago it’s supposed to arrive Tuesday evening).

What are the chances I am going to get delayed? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself so I don’t get massively disappointed.

giphy.gif

can you call and have them ping the car and see exactly where it is at?

Reactions: Noodlemon
I think interior lights is a gimmick. I would gladly give it up for a heads-up display.

And if Tesla made them functional .. as a turn signal .. left side blinks and right side blinks

I like the interior lighting personally, I think it makes a cabin feel more upscale. Again, it's personal preference which is why I wish they'd just add a manual slider lol.

I do agree about the heads up display. I do miss having that now that I've made the switch.

An update. The salesman finally did get back to me. He insists that prices are going up after June by $2K so I should put in my order now. Seems like they are trying to push up sales for the end of Q2. I explained to him that I had decided to wait and buy from inventory but he kept pushing.

I discovered something else. The Tesla website lists AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) as one of the qualifying factors for the $7500 EV tax incentive. If you go to the IRS website you will find that in fact it is "modified AGI" that they look for. Modified AGI may put you over the limit so be sure to check with your tax person before counting on the tax incentive. Also if there is actually a price increase of $2k for the M3P next month that would put it over the $55K limit and kill the tax break. Have any of you heard a rumor of this increase? I have only heard it from the sales person who I am skeptical about.
So if we ordered before any price increase, we lock that price in, correct?

Yep - it’s frustrating that the whole EDD system is so screwed up - but it just is. Mine pushed out little by little, then
In late March mine got pushed all the way out to July 28- September 8. June 1st I woke up to a text that VIN was assigned and delivery window open for like 10 days from then. 🤷‍♂️ I know several others that had the same thing happen.
Part of the problem is that there is an EDD at all. My daughter ordered a Mazda a couple years ago and was told it should be available in a few months. Since there was no EDD to check, she practically forgot about it. Then one day, she gets a phone call that her car is on the way and she can pick it up the next week. It wasn't an issue at all. It's the EDDs and people paying attention to them that makes people crazy.

My guess (FWIW) is you'll be fine. I've been on the same schedule as you for a Cincinnati delivery and mine arrived at the center today. I'm picking up Thursday.

Also, @TetchyOstrich , someone in here (can’t remember who) posted a video that there is actually a “wizard” in the Teslas service menu to bed in the brakes. It has you take it up to a certain speed range and then apply a really decent amount of brake pressure to a stop, wait for a bit and then do it several more times. It’s got little target bars for the speed and the braking. Really cool imho.

Video on the service menu brake burnishing.

When I spoke with Tesla they said until you get a VIN don't worry about the appt. Basically, they're just filling up appt slots hoping to get you a car. This could be bad or good depending how you see it.

They told me if I get a VIN before the appt time message them and they will try to fit me in earlier or at the time stated.

So yah, the fact you got an appt time and date before the end of the week doesn't guarantee anything. I'm going to go about my day, week, month as if I am not getting a car.

Good luck everyone...
EDD means nothing

Delivery dates mean nothing

Stopped by Dedham MA location today to inquire what is going on with my order. No news on my car (as expected) but they did just have a rejected delivery of a Black/White M3P that may be up for grabs. I took a quick look at it, nothing major i could tell. A tiny bit of white fabric/upholstery coming up near the driver side center console is coming out. I don't recall if day 1 orders of black/white qualified for tax credit, but the SA i spoke to said it would have been above the credit limit. I am sure I could've asked to honor the day 1 price but I didn't really want a Black/White combo anyway.