Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of you should be getting my M2P Pearl with black interior from the Dublin CA locations. They contacted me on Friday afternoon saying that I needed to complete my purchase and choose a date. Within 3 hours they sent another message saying that they would cancel my order if I did not choose a delivery day by Saturday. I could not make the date and so had to cancel. I told them I would pick it up on 7/2 but they declined. They even kept my deposit.

Perhaps they are scrambling due to the major software hack or they were pushing end of Q2 sales? Oddly I even got a call from the sales person I had originally contacted asking why I had cancelled. He said that he would speak with his sales manager and call me back. He has not yet done that.

Very confusing...
An update. The salesman finally did get back to me. He insists that prices are going up after June by $2K so I should put in my order now. Seems like they are trying to push up sales for the end of Q2. I explained to him that I had decided to wait and buy from inventory but he kept pushing.

I discovered something else. The Tesla website lists AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) as one of the qualifying factors for the $7500 EV tax incentive. If you go to the IRS website you will find that in fact it is "modified AGI" that they look for. Modified AGI may put you over the limit so be sure to check with your tax person before counting on the tax incentive. Also if there is actually a price increase of $2k for the M3P next month that would put it over the $55K limit and kill the tax break. Have any of you heard a rumor of this increase? I have only heard it from the sales person who I am skeptical about.

Reactions: eric135i
An update. The salesman finally did get back to me. He insists that prices are going up after June by $2K so I should put in my order now. Seems like they are trying to push up sales for the end of Q2. I explained to him that I had decided to wait and buy from inventory but he kept pushing.

I discovered something else. The Tesla website lists AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) as one of the qualifying factors for the $7500 EV tax incentive. If you go to the IRS website you will find that in fact it is "modified AGI" that they look for. Modified AGI may put you over the limit so be sure to check with your tax person before counting on the tax incentive. Also if there is actually a price increase of $2k for the M3P next month that would put it over the $55K limit and kill the tax break. Have any of you heard a rumor of this increase? I have only heard it from the sales person who I am skeptical about.
The guy doesn’t know anything….i think. That said if they do push it over the limit many of us will be able to flip our cars a year out possibly for a profit. 😂

Salesman be salesmaning

IMG_6660.gif

Ordered today and got VIN today, probably will disappoint them since won't be able to pick it up till July most likely, Ultra Red + Black, Southern California.
The difference between southern California and the East Coast is stark... I ordered 45 minutes after orders were live and only got a vin last weekend and still have an EDD over two weeks away... Crazy that one part of the country is a full 2 months behind another part.

using this from Amazon... approx $40. two pieces. light color matches liner and keeps cooler than black colored ones.

2024 Newest Sunshade Roof for Tesla Model 3 2024 No-Sag Design Roof Sun Shade for Tesla Model 3 Accessories 2024 White​

Visit the TSLDRV Store
Thank you for the info. It has an F rating at FakeSpot, which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. How long have you been using it and what do you think?

What music streaming service do people think works the best with Tesla? Would also like to use it outside of the Tesla for listening to music as well. Looking for a good balance between cost and quality.

I see so many opinions and wasn’t sure if there was a general consensus. Some I have seem mentioned: Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube music

What music streaming service do people think works the best with Tesla? Would also like to use it outside of the Tesla for listening to music as well. Looking for a good balance between cost and quality.

I see so many opinions and wasn’t sure if there was a general consensus. Some I have seem mentioned: Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube music
I use yt music

Reactions: rcm1201
Ordered 4/23 Blue/Black did a color swap to white/black.
VIN received 5/24, scheduled for delivery 5/27 in Las Vegas NV.

I talked to an SA they said that Tesla would not move my home link module and that it would stay with my 2023 MYP for the trade in. I purchased the module for my 2021 MY and they moved it before. Does anyone know if this module has changed?

IMG_2051.png

Bedding in brakes is not a "Tesla" thing. If you google it you will get a ton of articles around it. Here is one:

Also, @TetchyOstrich , someone in here (can’t remember who) posted a video that there is actually a “wizard” in the Teslas service menu to bed in the brakes. It has you take it up to a certain speed range and then apply a really decent amount of brake pressure to a stop, wait for a bit and then do it several more times. It’s got little target bars for the speed and the braking. Really cool imho.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin

I've had every one of these and I use apple music currently despite being an android/pc guy simply because they have the best deal on lossless and hifi music streaming.

I used tidal a long time but it's expensive and often buggy on many platforms. Yt music is fine but limited quality. Spotify is Spotify, lots of content but again limited quality.

Doesn't really matter in the Tesla since they are all limited quality, but matters when not in the Tesla. I actually still have active subscriptions for all but tidal. I get YouTube as a bundled service and Spotify was the only option that worked for my kids with Google home but Apple music comes with my phone plan and is what I personally use 99 percent of the time.

Reactions: phantasms
Thank you for the info. It has an F rating at FakeSpot, which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad. How long have you been using it and what do you think?
whats fake spot? i've been using it on my '24 M3P for about 1.5 weeks. i've had 2 other older versions from other brands on Amazon that were a black mesh type that allowed some sun into the cabin and they were a pain to keep in place as the clips keep falling off. This current version is light colored similar to the interior headliner and keeps approx 99.5% of the sun out (u can still see the shape of the sun during sunny conditions) and none of clips have not fallen out and the shade seems to fit better.

Hey this car we tried to pawn off on you obviously has major issues... If you don't take the next one we throw at you we're keeping your $250 and telling you to take a hike... It's a pretty screwed up process if the car has obvious significant issues.
That’s a pretty exaggerated narrative of what you’re thinking they’re actually saying or thinking. …. :)
Maybe you could work through it with them.
Maybe they have rules like that for reasons that don’t apply to your scenario. A couple of rational conversations should resolve it.

I've been looking at the Adams Graphene, and buying the kit. I was thinking of doing a very good 2 bucket wash, then a clay bar session, before doing the ceramic coating. Good idea? Did you do the windshield top with the Adam's or no?
1st attempt - 2 bucket wash, 1st time trying clay bar (so easy), left coating on too long. temp was 80s-maybe 90. slightly/medium humidity outdoors (unfortunately i dont have an indoor space) left tons of high spots that were very noticeable on a Stealth Grey. detail shop polished it out for me and that resulted in removing all the coating. they recommended to wipe/remove coating after approx 45secs and that it drys fast with exposure to oxygen. they commented that Adams ceramic coating is as good as some pro-shop coatings. they were using a Korean brand when i was there.

2nd attempt - next day after - wiped down with IPA and made sure paint was smooth. looks good so far.

also, get the "Advanced" version

exterior glass : i cleaned it with Invisible Glass and saw ALOT of residual, even some writings on the front windshield. so i used the Invisible Glass stripper (awesome product) this removed all the residual stain (assuming water marks) and glass was all clean. then i applied the Adams coating on all the glass. again, make sure to no leave it for more than 45sec-1min depending on temp/humidity.

after 2 generous coats (1st failed) and 1 coat on all the glass, some trim, headlights, front and rear splitters i still had approx 1/2 bottle left.

Last edited:
Reactions: diamond.g
I've been looking at the Adams Graphene, and buying the kit. I was thinking of doing a very good 2 bucket wash, then a clay bar session, before doing the ceramic coating. Good idea? Did you do the windshield top with the Adam's or no?
I’ll be doing that but will incorporate iron remover in the wash/clay process, I’ll put on approx 150 miles getting her from delivery to tint and then home. I will also be doing a fine polish on the areas not PPF, make sure it sparkles before sealing it up. Gonna be fun!

1st attempt - 2 bucket wash, 1st time trying clay bar (so easy), left coating on too long. temp was 80s-maybe 90. slightly/medium humidity outdoors (unfortunately i dont have an indoor space) left tons of high spots that were very noticeable on a Stealth Grey. detail shop polished it out for me and that resulted in removing all the coating. they recommended to wipe/remove coating after approx 45secs and that it drys fast with exposure to oxygen. they commented that Adams ceramic coating is as good as some pro-shop coatings. they were using a Korean brand when i was there.

2nd attempt - next day after - wiped down with IPA and made sure paint was smooth. looks good so far.

also, get the "Advanced" version

exterior glass : i cleaned it with Invisible Glass and saw ALOT of residual, even some writings on the front windshield. so i used the Invisible Glass stripper (awesome product) this removed all the residual stain (assuming water marks) and glass was all clean. then i applied the Adams coating on all the glass. again, make sure to no leave it for more than 45sec-1min depending on temp/humidity.

after 2 generous coats (1st failed) and 1 coat on all the glass, some trim, headlights, front and rear splitters i still had approx 1/2 bottle left.
Didn't do your wheels? Im considering buying the tesla jack pad, taking the wheels off one by one, removing the inserts, cleaning them up real nice, and then coating them too.