Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how serious is the “all registered owners must be at delivery”? The boss lady has a minor wrist surgery and can’t attend. Are they gonna turn me down from taking delivery and handing them a crap ton of money?
I didn't have to show anything. The only contact I had was with the gentleman who put the license plate on my car as I was transferring my tag from my previous car.

Reactions: TheHeez
Take this with an absolute grain of salt, but I was at the Tesla store in the KOP mall and started chatting with them about the M3P. The SA who seemed decently informed stated that there is a high likelihood that there will be a “significant” price increase on the M3P next quarter.

Now maybe he was just trying to bait an order out of me (even though I already ordered one) but something worth tracking at least.

What music streaming service do people think works the best with Tesla? Would also like to use it outside of the Tesla for listening to music as well. Looking for a good balance between cost and quality.

I see so many opinions and wasn’t sure if there was a general consensus. Some I have seem mentioned: Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube music
I just use bluetooth and stream Pandora from my phone.

I've had every one of these and I use apple music currently despite being an android/pc guy simply because they have the best deal on lossless and hifi music streaming.

I used tidal a long time but it's expensive and often buggy on many platforms. Yt music is fine but limited quality. Spotify is Spotify, lots of content but again limited quality.

Doesn't really matter in the Tesla since they are all limited quality, but matters when not in the Tesla. I actually still have active subscriptions for all but tidal. I get YouTube as a bundled service and Spotify was the only option that worked for my kids with Google home but Apple music comes with my phone plan and is what I personally use 99 percent of the time.
Does the Tesla have an app through the main screen for Apple Music? Or do you need to connect phone with blue tooth and manage everything through the phone?

I’ll be doing that but will incorporate iron remover in the wash/clay process, I’ll put on approx 150 miles getting her from delivery to tint and then home. I will also be doing a fine polish on the areas not PPF, make sure it sparkles before sealing it up. Gonna be fun!
Yeap I have some IronX from CarPro, Ill do that as well. What do you plan to fine polish with? And by hand or with a random orbital machine?

Also, @TetchyOstrich , someone in here (can’t remember who) posted a video that there is actually a “wizard” in the Teslas service menu to bed in the brakes. It has you take it up to a certain speed range and then apply a really decent amount of brake pressure to a stop, wait for a bit and then do it several more times. It’s got little target bars for the speed and the braking. Really cool imho.
Someone will correct me BUT the only way to properly bed in the brakes is to turn off regenerative braking and Tesla no longer allows this.

You have to look into the aftermarket. For example, SEXY buttons allows you to turn off regenerative braking.

Reactions: tone228
Come on, Tesla is not trying to hurt you, or “Take you over a log”.
Lots of ways to view the process, and challenges.
Why so vindictive. ?
I appreciate the fanboi-ism but we are talking about Tesla taking your $250 deposit because they couldn't deliver an acceptable new car in 2 tries. Why should I have to eat the cost of the deposit because Tesla is producing cars that, upon delivery, have to go to the body shop for a week? That's not vindictive. That's just expecting a company to deliver an acceptable product. Tesla taking my money after presenting me with two unacceptable cars... I get the same feeling I get when I'm hiking through the woods and hear a banjo playing.

Keep in mind I have never had this problem but I'm simply sympathizing with those who have and have been told "You'd better accept the next one whether it is good or not, or we'll take your deposit". As I said, I'm a big fan of both Elon and Tesla but if you want my business you have to EARN it. So I take issue with this policy.

The intensity of the LED strip is controlled by the slider for the brightness of the main touch screen, they are linked.

Kind of...Even at full display brightness, the LEDs are way too dim at night IMO. They're a decent level if you keep the interior light color wheel open, but that doesn't seem like a great solution. Just give people a slider and the choice to have it how they want it.

Kind of...Even at full display brightness, the LEDs are way too dim at night IMO. They're a decent level if you keep the interior light color wheel open, but that doesn't seem like a great solution. Just give people a slider and the choice to have it how they want it.
still waiting for my M3P BUT I would imagine not allowing you to adjust the brightness is on purpose. Wouldn't a bright light sitting at the base of the windshield at night reflect off the windshield and thus making outward visibility difficult?

Someone will correct me BUT the only way to properly bed in the brakes is to turn off regenerative braking and Tesla no longer allows this.

You have to look into the aftermarket. For example, SEXY buttons allows you to turn off regenerative braking.
That function is in the service menu, I saw it yesterday looking around in there.

Slight increase or now a discount on the Demos aka showroom models.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.png
    IMG_0052.png
    683.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Raptor911
Yeap I have some IronX from CarPro, Ill do that as well. What do you plan to fine polish with? And by hand or with a random orbital machine?
Mostly using an orbital but by hand in the tight spaces. I'll probably tape off a fair bit to try and keep things consistent and mostly use the orbital. I'm going to try out the ChemGuys P4 Perfection Polish, I've got something with a higher cut but hope to not need that on a new car! 🤞

still waiting for my M3P BUT I would imagine not allowing you to adjust the brightness is on purpose. Wouldn't a bright light sitting at the base of the windshield at night reflect off the windshield and thus making outward visibility difficult?

IMO, no, it wouldn't. For others, it may, and they can choose to dim them or turn them off. If you've been in a newer Mercedes/BMW/Audi, they're littered with crazy bright LEDs, many with 3-4x the lighting the refreshed Tesla offers.

Just give a slider for ambient lighting intensity, 0-10. That way everyone gets to choose what's right for them.

IMO, no, it wouldn't. For others, it may, and they can choose to dim them or turn them off. If you've been in a newer Mercedes/BMW/Audi, they're littered with crazy bright LEDs, many with 3-4x the lighting the refreshed Tesla offers.

Just give a slider for ambient lighting intensity, 0-10. That way everyone gets to choose what's right for them.
I think interior lights is a gimmick. I would gladly give it up for a heads-up display.

And if Tesla made them functional .. as a turn signal .. left side blinks and right side blinks

That’s a pretty exaggerated narrative of what you’re thinking they’re actually saying or thinking. …. :)
Maybe you could work through it with them.
Maybe they have rules like that for reasons that don’t apply to your scenario. A couple of rational conversations should resolve it.
Yeah, one would hope that's the case if the second one had similar issues. I've personally never had an issue but I can understand why someone would be upset being told that if they reject another car Tesla is going to take their money and cancel their order even though they never offered a reasonable car.

We can hope that if both cars had major issues, cooler heads would prevail and Tesla would make it right, but why do they threaten it in the first place then.

I'm sure they are worried about people being overly selective over minor issues because a lot of issues people reject over are very minor, but it doesn't sound like the OPs concerns were particularly minor.