Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, tomorrow is the day for pickup!

recap for my order:
red/black, no FSD
6/14 ordered
8/2 vin received
orig. delivery date of 8/16, moved to 8/18 (my car was stuck behind a broken down train for too long and missed the transport truck to the SC)
Houston,TX

excited for sure! hoping the rain stays away long enough for me to do a decent inspection at pickup
Picked up the car today. Other than some very tiny light scuffs and the left tail light having a larger gap than the right, no issues. I never realized, but did call out that there is no weather stripping on the left side of the trunk/glass...looked at other 2021's and its the same...weird design.

Otherwise, AP started working on the way home, it was great. and oh wow is this thing fast! I only test drove a LR and this is for sure different feeling. Love it!

tesla_pickup.jpeg

@aroncbrown I promise it was worth the wait. It is hands down the smoothest driving vehicle I have ever owned. I dropped it off this morning to get Tint and I ended up driving my truck into work and it felt like I took a step back in time lol. I just can't explain how amazing it is to drive the car and OMG the sound system !!!!
+1 on the sound system. Really impressed with it. By far the best sound system I ever got from the factory. It is really clean. Car really drives great as well. Love the really tight steering.

Reactions: digid80
Evidently some markets have living breathing SAs that reach out during the process. I never heard from anyone from Tesla. Just the initial 'thanks for your order' email, an email when my agreements were ready to be signed and a text to schedule delivery.
I asked about this when calling into the 800# one day. According to one rep, one of the main items of feedback Tesla has recieved is that SAs would be inconsistent with messaging and with timeliness of replies. So, they moved from SAs dealing directly (or to just have less interaction) and the full support team handling day to day questions and/or issues. I never felt at all like I wasn't being taken care of because a local SA wasn't reaching out. I could always call in and get prompt answers. The local SA did reach out once via text and call because my car got stuck behind a broken down train and missed the transport truck, so it delayed my delivery by 2 days. No big deal.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I’m moving on fellas. Delivered yesterday. only one issue and that is the weather strip on the drivers side of the rear window. View attachment 698331View attachment 698332

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought people said the power rear trunk piston is larger on the driver side, so it basically displaces that seal on the driver side? I don't have a seal there either on my car.

Reactions: ry-ballz