Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marc Benioff, Founder and CEO of Salesforce.com has been driving a black Model S

If ever there was a tech CEO who should not be branded a celebrity given the usual negative connotations that go with that term, Benioff is that person. A very down-to-earth, generous and gregarious chap that his employees (including my wife) just adore.

Also, am aware of several other rank and file Salesforce.com employees who are Model S owners/reservation holders.

If ever there was a tech CEO who should not be branded a celebrity given the usual negative connotations that go with that term, Benioff is that person. A very down-to-earth, generous and gregarious chap that his employees (including my wife) just adore.

Also, am aware of several other rank and file Salesforce.com employees who are Model S owners/reservation holders.

Agree with your assessment of Marc. No negative connotations implied.

Cameron Diaz with her Tesla ( picture no. 4)
Make-up free Cameron Diaz looks exhausted after workout session with celebrity fitness trainer | Mail Online
article-2262487-16F1CD78000005DC-721_634x400.jpg

Steve Wozniak has a reservation. I talked him into it. :) He actually came to Miami this week and was hoping to see mine, but that didn't work out, needless to say.

Confirmed, in the comments here:

Tesla to open 25 new stores in 2013, first Chinese location this spring

stevewoz
@passive101 @Derptastic Exactly right. And you could argue that pollution is proportional to manufacturing energy which is proportional to price. Hence, more expensive vehicle technology actually pollutes more. 'Green' is mainly a label to put on ourselves. Our consumer decisions can't be green to any major extent since they don't change the GNP. Still, I find the experience of an all-electric car to be fun and I do have a Tesla S on order.

Just curious how some of the "celebrities" were early Rez holders. They dont seem like the people like "the rest of us" who couldn't wait to put down a deposit and get our reservation in years ago. Most of them probably wouldn't have heard about the car until the Rez list was up a few thousand or so and talked about in the media.

Signatures?
Friends, and Roadster Owners?

Both groups get priority.

Signatures?
Friends, and Roadster Owners?

Both groups get priority.

Also, I think that since the Roadster came out Tesla is fairly well known among the green-minded or EV-loving celebs...so it wouldn't surprise me that they would be aware of the Model S relatively early. Once someone knows about the car, the knowledge probably travels quickly among that group.

It's the Daily Mail, I expect nothing less of them. In the UK, The Sun and The Mirror have more credibility than the Daily Mail, which these days is just a very right wing celebrity scandal sheet.

The trash talk is in the comments. The Daily Mail is a UK newspaper. Just two of the comments come from the UK. The rest from the USA. Of the two UK comments, only one references the car "Nice car". ALL of the US comments are negative. The ONLY reason that I can see that they posted a comment is that they are specifically looking for reports on TESLA. I expect that these people are paid trolls. If they were interested in the STAR - they would have made a comment about her.

Just curious how some of the "celebrities" were early Rez holders. They dont seem like the people like "the rest of us" who couldn't wait to put down a deposit and get our reservation in years ago. Most of them probably wouldn't have heard about the car until the Rez list was up a few thousand or so and talked about in the media.

Tesla is well known in the celebrity circuit. For many, the Roadster was just not a car that would work for them like Cameron here. cameron-diaz-tesla.jpg. Elon personally courts the celebrity scene.

Also, I think that since the Roadster came out Tesla is fairly well known among the green-minded or EV-loving celebs...so it wouldn't surprise me that they would be aware of the Model S relatively early. Once someone knows about the car, the knowledge probably travels quickly among that group.

Yeah, I understand all of that. But for them to know early enought to get on the signature list or earlier Rez number is surprising. They are not ones to jump on lists right away, but wait for someone to put them on the list or offer it to them free. Does that make sense?
I can't see Cameron Diaz on her computer soon after the car was announced putting her deposit down? Or maybe she is on this forum? Hi Cameron!:biggrin: