Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jessica Alba in her Model S wearing SpaceX baseball cap

12747741_829984350457373_337696870_n.jpg

Instagram

Had a surprise visitor to the Tesla Club of New Mexico meetup today . . . . George R.R. Martin, with his custom purple Model S!

Here's George's custom purple Model S (center), my blue S (left), and another TCNM member's S on the right, parked in front of the MEOW WOLF robot in Santa Fe:

grrm-robot.jpg

And here's George at the TCNM meetup event:

grrm-tcnm.jpg

Had a surprise visitor to the Tesla Club of New Mexico meetup today . . . . George R.R. Martin, with his custom purple Model S!

Here's George's custom purple Model S (center), my blue S (left), and another TCNM member's S on the right, parked in front of the MEOW WOLF robot in Santa Fe:

And here's George at the TCNM meetup event:

OMG please ask him when the last book comes out!!! So lucky.

Reactions: JediNinjaLady
OMG please ask him when the last book comes out!!! So lucky.
I'd already be happy to just get the second to last book :rolleyes: That said, better not ask him ...I bet he hears that question from EVERYONE.

I am pretty surprised he showed up for a Tesla meeting. The car must have really impressed him. I never had the impression he was much of a gearhead, and I have been following his blog and news about him ever since I first read "Game of Thrones" in 2005, long before a TV show was even dreamt about. I do recall one post in which he wrote about how he loved his old RX-7, but that was about it. Then again, Martin just seems to love company of like-minded people, be it comic fans, science fiction fans, football fans and movie fans.
Alan Dean Foster drives a Model S, too - perhaps it is no accident science fiction writers are so enamoured of the car (yes, GRRM wrote science fiction long, long before he wrote "historical" fiction about Westeros and Essos)!.

He's a very nice guy, very friendly. He recounted the story of the choice of purple. He said, they were telling him, well Silver is the most popular color, and he said, well then that is definitely not the color I want! He said he wanted a unique color because hey, he's a unique guy! He said he had to pay extra for the factory to do the custom color, but it was worth it.

He also said he's only driven the car locally within Santa Fe, except for one time, and apparently that one time was some kind of disaster that he and a few others already in the know were familiar with, as they all started laughing. What exactly happened, I don't know... maybe will find out from others at the next meetup.

But all in all, he was really friendly and approachable, and interested in the legal issues Tesla owners are facing in New Mexico -- he wasn't aware of any of it before attending our meetup.

Reactions: jvonbokel
Sammy Hagar's wife:
Interview: Sammy Hagar on His $1.3 Million LaFerrari, A Year Later

"And she has a Tesla. Not the fastest, newest one but the second one and it’s badass. I mean I told the other guys and I will tell you the same thing, the way I feel about Teslas and electric cars, it is the future."

Coming from "I can't drive 55!" Sammy Hagar, that is a huge compliment. Maybe he'll now write an EV/Tesla song! Title: "Give me a badass electric car and electric guitar!"

or "My cars and guitars are electric! And badass!"

Coming from "I can't drive 55!" Sammy Hagar, that is a huge compliment. Maybe he'll now write an EV/Tesla song! Title: "Give me a badass electric car and electric guitar!"

or "My cars and guitars are electric! And badass!"

Great song. Here's the lyrics for those who may have not heard it:

One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no
So I tried my best illegal move
A big black and white come and crushed my groove again

Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh no, uh

So I signed my name on number 24, hey
Yeah the judge said, "Boy, just one more, huh
I'm gonna throw your ass in the city joint"
Looked me in the eye, said, "You get my point?"
I say "Yeah!, Oh yeah"

Write me up for 125
I can't drive 55, oh yeah

(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive) 55, uh

When I drive that slow, you know it's hard to steer
And I can't get my car out of second gear
What used to take two hours now takes all day
Huh, it took me 16 hours to get to L.A.

Go on and write me up for 125
I can't drive 55

No, no, no, I can't drive, (I can't drive 55)
I can't drive (I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)