Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my experience, they don't email you at any stage of production, you Tesla account page just changes.

Ordered 100D Model S on July 15th, was first told I would get the car at the end of August, then it quickly became early September. I've been trying to get them to nail down a date, but they've been unable to commit. It's hard to believe they know what is going on, when only 2 weeks out, they still can't give me a date. The care needs to ship from California to Calgary, then to Winnipeg to be delivered.

I hope they don't end up delaying too much.

Ordered 100D Model S on July 15th, was first told I would get the car at the end of August, then it quickly became early September. I've been trying to get them to nail down a date, but they've been unable to commit. It's hard to believe they know what is going on, when only 2 weeks out, they still can't give me a date. The care needs to ship from California to Calgary, then to Winnipeg to be delivered.

common experience looking at spreadsheet suggests delivery is about 60 days from order. Their original promise seemed optimistic - mid Sep seems more like it. I dont know how transport to Canada impacts. I would look at spreadsheet tied to this thread for others experience in Western Canada.

Order my 100D 7/13. Didn't get any updates until yesterday when they said production completed. I paid today. Now waiting for it to be transported.

common experience looking at spreadsheet suggests delivery is about 60 days from order. Their original promise seemed optimistic - mid Sep seems more like it. I dont know how transport to Canada impacts. I would look at spreadsheet tied to this thread for others experience in Western Canada.

Good suggestion. They’re original promise was pre-purchase :)

Order my 100D 7/13. Didn't get any updates until yesterday when they said production completed. I paid today. Now waiting for it to be transported.
Interesting, I was told I would pay when the car is delivered. I also keep checking the site weekly to see if my account updates. If they’re consistent in timelines, it should update this week.

Ordered my MS 75D 6/30, got an email from delivery coordinator last week to arrange pickup 9/1. Account page never changed.
Seems to be consistent.

Good suggestion. They’re original promise was pre-purchase :)

Interesting, I was told I would pay when the car is delivered. I also keep checking the site weekly to see if my account updates. If they’re consistent in timelines, it should update this week.

Seems to be consistent.
I had financing through tesla for some portion that was approved about a week before delivery. I paid the balance the night before delivery via ACH. Good question whether you can pay balance at delivery instead - i would think so.