Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My status updated today from In production to-->> "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory"' but it's like four days behind from the actual process. I was told it was already completed last thursday and that they sent it to the service center on 8/17. It only took them a day just to send it from the factory to the service center. I think what is taking longer is the number of deliveries for Model 3's is backing up resources for presentation for Model S since both take place in the same service center.

Anyways I already have a scheduled date but what I am more concerned about is the actual presentation time...how long should it take...I was told 15-30 minutes but is it longer than that? I have an hour tops before my scheduled conflict after so...should i expect it to be longer than that?

what I am more concerned about is the actual presentation time...how long should it take...I was told 15-30 minutes but is it longer than that? I have an hour tops before my scheduled conflict after so...should i expect it to be longer than that?

I think it really depends. I've heard of several driving off the lot within 30 minutes. It looked like I was going to finish delivery process pretty quick until they realized a mistake on the contract (they had the wrong county for registration). Paperwork had to go back to the contract system and added another hour and half wait.

Hopefully you won't run into any issues.

My status updated today from In production to-->> "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory"' but it's like four days behind from the actual process. I was told it was already completed last thursday and that they sent it to the service center on 8/17. It only took them a day just to send it from the factory to the service center. I think what is taking longer is the number of deliveries for Model 3's is backing up resources for presentation for Model S since both take place in the same service center.

Anyways I already have a scheduled date but what I am more concerned about is the actual presentation time...how long should it take...I was told 15-30 minutes but is it longer than that? I have an hour tops before my scheduled conflict after so...should i expect it to be longer than that?

30 min for me and I was the one asking questions that slowed it down.

The purpose of this thread is to:

Post a quick update of the most recent delivery data including the highest reported VIN (include your country if outside the USA) shown in Wiki post #2 below:

Update, 17 June 2018: @Troy says: The old Model S spreadsheet was not maintained for a long time. Therefore I expanded the Model X spreadsheet to include the Model S too. Here are the links:

Spreadsheet: Model S/X Order Tracker
Google form: MS form to enter/edit data
How to filter and sort: Youtube video
This project is managed by @Troy aka /u/Teslike
Is there a way to find the delivery date of a Model S ordered on 6/30/2018, a few members have entered the dats on the Google spreadsheet.. Thank you for your help..

Surprise note from Tesla store manager today. It was a big oops on their side. I took delivery on July 31 and filled in a bunch of paperwork including all the apps for the VA DMV license, title, finance, etc. Turns out all the papers i completed in went into never-never land. So the finance org raised alarm since they havent seen title app. My temp plates are ready to expire so looks like i cant drive for awhile because of this mess-up.

Lesson: at delivery make sure to ask they will send papers to DMV like they are supposed to. Geez

Surprise note from Tesla store manager today. It was a big oops on their side. I took delivery on July 31 and filled in a bunch of paperwork including all the apps for the VA DMV license, title, finance, etc. Turns out all the papers i completed in went into never-never land. So the finance org raised alarm since they havent seen title app. My temp plates are ready to expire so looks like i cant drive for awhile because of this mess-up.

Lesson: at delivery make sure to ask they will send papers to DMV like they are supposed to. Geez

Tysons? Interesting. I emailed them about 2 weeks after delivery as a follow up to ensure my DMV stuff was done. No replies. Then I CC'd everyone each day until i got a response. Finally they said the DMV team was submitting the paperwork. Now Im glad I did my own follow up. I could have had the same issue as you.

I took it upon myself to check in due to how disorganized they were with everything else.

Tysons? Interesting. I emailed them about 2 weeks after delivery as a follow up to ensure my DMV stuff was done. No replies. Then I CC'd everyone each day until i got a response. Finally they said the DMV team was submitting the paperwork. Now Im glad I did my own follow up. I could have had the same issue as you.

I took it upon myself to check in due to how disorganized they were with everything else.
You got it. Tysons. I called twice before - but they blew me off - saying dont ask us within 3 weeks asking where your plates are. it wasnt until the finance agency raised alarm that anything happened. If i didnt like car so much i'd be way ticked off

Good advice.

Reactions: MarkKW
Just had a DS change!
Emailed my now previous DS said she was sorry she didnt know things would move that quickly, explained she has a new role in Tesla they are restructuring the whole DS team to delvier "faster" (hint hint Model 3 deliveries...) I hope the new guy will be as good as my previous DS.