Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky. I placed my order on the 15th of Sept, and have an estimated Oct 28-Nov 25th, and still no VIN. Probably because of Hawaii, it's probably a once a quarter delivery location, can't really send a truck out here.

Picking up Friday... Window for delivery became very narrow... Picking up at Fremont factory, and doing a road trip home to Colorado in a few weeks. One one hand, I feel for your having to wait for quarterly delivery. On the other, we are expecting snow this weekend.

Hi guys!

New to this forum. Just checking to see if anyone has had any updates if you ordered a model S in early October.

I ordered my Model S with FSD October 3. Finished all my financing and insurance information the next day. Still haven’t heard any updates. My estimated delivery is between November 1-29. Just wondering if I should be expecting delivery early or late November. Or is it pretty random?

Thank you!!
Dilbar

Update: received VIN 10/20/2020.
Pick up scheduled 10/26/2020

Reactions: Be123
Ordered 9/22/20 (LR Black with Cream Interior, Autopilot). I wanted to order earlier in the summer, but wanted to make sure my work situation was stable during COVID. Then figured I might as well wait until Battery Day.

VIN Assigned 10/10 (Just checked my account and it was there, no notification)

Got a text today, 10/13 to set my delivery date.

Scheduled for 10/24 and I really hope it sticks! My SA said it was arriving the 23rd. Also, I am getting the new, lower pricing. She said it will be reflected in my contract by the 16th.

I GOT HER!! Pickup was in Tysons Corner, VA and it was fine. I took a checklist and when I arrived they pointed me in the direction of the car and let me loose. Everything looked fine, a couple of very, very minor scratches and I was not concerned about that because this car is going to sit outside anyhow. THe only thing I asked the DA to put in the record is that the removable cover of the lower trunk could not stay flush with the main trunk floor. It's either too big or misaligned. He said it was very common and he sees it often and to try to "stretch it". No, that isn't going to work. But it wasn't anything I was going to refuse delivery for and I will ask service about it at some point.

She was only charged to 63% and I asked about that, but he said they only charge between 50 and 70 or something. Fine, don't care. The other thing is that the Premium connection says it is expired when I tried to use Spotify. But the expiration date is showing a year from now. I figure that will sort itself out as the car reboots in the next few days. I also failed to get copies of any paperwork I signed, so hopefully that will show up somewhere.

So now that I have dropped off my unimpressed spouse, I am going to go out and drive by myself and figure some things out. I love the black with the cream interior, but I can already tell that the cream interior might require me to clean more than I usually do. She sure is purty, though!

I GOT HER!! Pickup was in Tysons Corner, VA and it was fine. I took a checklist and when I arrived they pointed me in the direction of the car and let me loose. Everything looked fine, a couple of very, very minor scratches and I was not concerned about that because this car is going to sit outside anyhow. THe only thing I asked the DA to put in the record is that the removable cover of the lower trunk could not stay flush with the main trunk floor. It's either too big or misaligned. He said it was very common and he sees it often and to try to "stretch it". No, that isn't going to work. But it wasn't anything I was going to refuse delivery for and I will ask service about it at some point.

She was only charged to 63% and I asked about that, but he said they only charge between 50 and 70 or something. Fine, don't care. The other thing is that the Premium connection says it is expired when I tried to use Spotify. But the expiration date is showing a year from now. I figure that will sort itself out as the car reboots in the next few days. I also failed to get copies of any paperwork I signed, so hopefully that will show up somewhere.

So now that I have dropped off my unimpressed spouse, I am going to go out and drive by myself and figure some things out. I love the black with the cream interior, but I can already tell that the cream interior might require me to clean more than I usually do. She sure is purty, though!

Congrats! Sounds like a good experience. Nice to hear it went well.

Reactions: Sances

Now that I’ve had a couple of days, wanted to post a couple of things that surprised me about the car. I had been reading up a lot on what to expect, but somehow missed these so maybe other new or future owners did as well. P.S the premium is working now and FYI it cost $9.99 a year after expiration...information I could never find on the website prior to delivery.

- The car does have Spotify. There is an icon for it and I just loaded my account. I had been expecting only Slacker (for which I did not have an account)

-The car does connect with my iPhone/Siri. I just hit the voice button on the steering well and say “Hey Siri” and it does what it needs to. Again, for some reason I thought it wouldn’t interface with Apple. I did notice that once I had been claiming using Siri, the car would not then call using car Voice unless I switched out of calling to music or something else and then back. LMK if that’s doesn’t make sense.

-it really needs to have the side cameras show the lane when you engage the turn signal. I *believe* that is coming , but especially with the low vis (
IMO...still love it) of the S, that is key at night and on the highway.

-it came with inserts that you can put in the center console to make large cup holders.

There was one other surprise, but it escapes me right now.
I hope the rest of you new owners have good experiences!

Reactions: COS Blue
Now that I’ve had a couple of days, wanted to post a couple of things that surprised me about the car. I had been reading up a lot on what to expect, but somehow missed these so maybe other new or future owners did as well. P.S the premium is working now and FYI it cost $9.99 a year after expiration...information I could never find on the website prior to delivery.

- The car does have Spotify. There is an icon for it and I just loaded my account. I had been expecting only Slacker (for which I did not have an account)

-The car does connect with my iPhone/Siri. I just hit the voice button on the steering well and say “Hey Siri” and it does what it needs to. Again, for some reason I thought it wouldn’t interface with Apple. I did notice that once I had been claiming using Siri, the car would not then call using car Voice unless I switched out of calling to music or something else and then back. LMK if that’s doesn’t make sense.

-it really needs to have the side cameras show the lane when you engage the turn signal. I *believe* that is coming , but especially with the low vis (
IMO...still love it) of the S, that is key at night and on the highway.

-it came with inserts that you can put in the center console to make large cup holders.

There was one other surprise, but it escapes me right now.
I hope the rest of you new owners have good experiences!
Congrats. Picking up mine in 2 days.

Reactions: Sances
Picked mine up yesterday at the Littleton Denver location. It went pretty well, and was taken good care of after waiting a little longer than i thought I would. Everything looked good, one tiny paint chip the salesman took photos of. I was originally going to pick up at the Fremont factory (a delivery/operations person named Elliott was excellent) but there was some confusion on CA sales tax and CO, so I just had them ship to CO. Been a lot of fun to drive!

Well....I am in too. Ordered on 10.23.20. Estimated delivery Dec 4-30th. Hopefully it's a very early Christmas present. Got totally eager and installed my HPWC this weekend. This forum was super helpful in helping me make the decision to jump in, so thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Ordered my Model S LR on Oct. 17 estimated delivery 11/21-12/19. I’ve been obsessively checking my Tesla account for updates and nothings changed since ordering. Have you guys noticed that it gets updated fairly often or should I just be waiting for a magically “text” with my VIN and ignore the website.

I’m also curious how many of you folks ordered a custom MS and then ended up just taking one that was in current inventory? I’ve noticed that you could get a few thousand dollars off if you’re willing to sacrifice color, rims, or interior.

Yeah I have been checking often, even trying the Chrome "View Source" trick. I think even if it worked they encrypt the VIN now but at least I would know something changed/progressed. As @Peacefellow said I don't see any local to me either. I would be flexible on interior, but not on wheels and maybe on color. Sucks to be patient but I would hate to settle just to accelerate my delivery and save a couple of points.

Hello all,

I recently ordered a Tesla Model S Performance 11/3/2020 and just as excited and IMPATIENT as everyone else here to take delivery. Any hints or tips to expect on what happens next would be greatly appreciated. Order is placed, loan is approved and insurance card is uploaded. Thanks in advance!

Ordered my Model S LR on Oct. 17 estimated delivery 11/21-12/19. I’ve been obsessively checking my Tesla account for updates and nothings changed since ordering. Have you guys noticed that it gets updated fairly often or should I just be waiting for a magically “text” with my VIN and ignore the website.

I’m also curious how many of you folks ordered a custom MS and then ended up just taking one that was in current inventory? I’ve noticed that you could get a few thousand dollars off if you’re willing to sacrifice color, rims, or interior.

I still don’t have a VIN but I spoke to my SA today and I was told that based on what he see’s my car should be coming out of the factory by Nov. 11th and should arrive in NJ around the 24th. Not sure if its true as I haven’t gotten a text or seen any updates on the website but we will wait and see.

I still don’t have a VIN but I spoke to my SA today and I was told that based on what he see’s my car should be coming out of the factory by Nov. 11th and should arrive in NJ around the 24th. Not sure if its true as I haven’t gotten a text or seen any updates on the website but we will wait and see.
Guess I will just have to be patient then..my SA hasn't been answering and been not helpful at all. When did you order and if you don't mind where in NJ are you having it picked up at?