Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think our main problem is we’re expecting so much GOOD from Tesla from the moment we pay our $100 order fee. Most new Tesla owners (specifically me) never knew Tesla sucked at communication, never knew Tesla was not honest with their delivery dates, never knew Tesla had terrible built quality (from what I’ve been reading here: panel gaps, etc)! I am just flat out disappointed. To me, Tesla is like the ‘Apple’ of car companies. It is so great - so innovative, a mind blowing car (and solar) company. So great that a lot of us probably hold stock in it right now. If I knew that Tesla sucked at all of this before I ordered, I would’ve never sold my car. But I did. Because I thought Tesla would be 100% accurate with their estimated delivery because that’s what SHOULD be done. I don’t care about those microchips and whatever technical difficulties, internal difficulties and all that bull crap. This is a trillion dollar company that should get things done and be honest with their customers, especially the new ones. Just leaves a sour note on my tongue. — I guess it’ll taste sweet once May comes 🤦🏻‍♂️
Caveat emptor

• Helpful
Reactions: rezkyms
Nice. It’s a tester vehicle which tells me that they aren’t even at the mass production stage yet.

We think it is a tester - no way to confirm. Could be a pool car running an errand. No, it does not mean that they are not in production yet. I do not think they are quite in production yet but not because a few "tetsers" out there.

Last edited:
I am waiting for someone to take pix of a 3 and post them as if they’re a “refreshed” S.

They did that with pics on car haulers...

1616337996771.png

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS and elguapo
It would be nice if it does slip into June that they change them to 2022 model years. Other manufactures do this as early as June/July in some cases....especially if there is a change. I know Tesla has a history of not doing the “year” thing...but since they made some 2021 version of the old S already (delivered late last year)... it would be nice to have them do the model year change mid year for a refresh.

Reactions: Drew-MS and Tigers
It would be nice if it does slip into June that they change them to 2022 model years. Other manufactures do this as early as June/July in some cases....especially if there is a change. I know Tesla has a history of not doing the “year” thing...but since they made some 2021 version of the old S already (delivered late last year)... it would be nice to have them do the model year change mid year for a refresh.
Even a few years ago, Tesla changed the model year on Jan 1. Now I think they change it a month earlier. If deliveries start in June, then some of us would probably end up getting cars in August. If so, then it’s a tough call to accept a 2021 in August or wait a few more months for a 2022. Strictly for resale value since it will likely be the same car.

}
Even a few years ago, Tesla changed the model year on Jan 1. Now I think they change it a month earlier. If deliveries start in June, then some of us would probably end up getting cars in August. If so, then it’s a tough call to accept a 2021 in August or wait a few more months for a 2022. Strictly for resale value since it will likely be the same car.
How did a March delivery suddenly become a December delivery? I certainly don't expect to receive my car in the next few weeks, but December seems unlikely even for Tesla.

Reactions: Tigers
Have no clue who that is. But If thats true, what about the LRs??? Seems like everyone only tweets about the Plaid. LR is as important (to me) too!! Ugh lol

My guess is that he is calling all refresh "plaids" We have only seen one or two true plaids and people have been told by the all-knowing sales staff that they are delayed. He probably read the Teslarti or some other tabloid and runs with it.

My guess is that he is calling all refresh "plaids" We have only seen one or two true plaids and people have been told by the all-knowing sales staff that they are delayed. He probably read the Teslarti or some other tabloid and runs with it.
I think the sales staff/SAs are as clueless as we are. Or they know 50-100% and have some type of Non-disclosure agreement. Whatever the case may be, I'm pretty sure Elon has hired people to read forums like these and should at least send a communication to alleviate our frustration.

Yup or he saw the recent pics of refresh S on carriers and assumed they’re going to customers. The active members here know those cars aren’t deliveries.

I think the sales staff/SAs are as clueless as we are. Or they know 50-100% and have some type of Non-disclosure agreement. Whatever the case may be, I'm pretty sure Elon has hired people to read forums like these and should at least send a communication to alleviate our frustration.
They updated timelines for Plaid+ pretty quick so they are pretty decisive there. This delay seems more like those day to day baseball and football injuries where a player may be back in a week or in a couple of months. May be they are guarding the TSLA price?