Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR, MSM over White, Arachnids, ordered 2/1 (which is the last time I heard from Tesla)

No email, text or carrier pigeons today.

I am thinking mid-May for my car, but still waiting for signs of scaled production.

@Troy -- today you tweeted 150-300 built but undelivered refreshes - is that an estimate or is there something behind that?
Just from a marketing standpoint i feel like they have to throw everyone who has been waiting a bone, here. discounted FSD or something as a "sorry we were super wrong about the delivery timeline, and thanks for continuing to wait." This is my first time entering the world of Elon, and I probably should have expected that someone who thinks we could have fully-functioning cyborgs by 2024 might be a little off on delivery estimates. I ordered in early Jan and my delivery date has just said March the whole time. Still pumped to be joining the team, just would love a reasonable estimate of when that will happen
They will....Tesla will FINALLY update our order agreement to show the $2,000 discount promised and we will all say collectively THANK YOU TESLA. 🤦‍♂️

I think only us fine Texas Americans got the text message. The only other person on here who got it also is a fine American who lives in Central Texas. Perhaps, Tesla is only going to sell to real Americans now, not you California Commies.
I can confirm, I'm in Austin and received the text message. I ordered in early March with the 10 to 14-week delivery estimate.

Reactions: Tigers
Just curious as well, where do you see loan expirations? Mine doesn't show anything for either the trade or the loan.

Attachments

• 2021-04-01_10-47-56.png
    2021-04-01_10-47-56.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: rezkyms
Just curious as well, where do you see loan expirations? Mine doesn't show anything for either the trade or the loan.

They don't typically say it in the email, tbh. There's usually a company policy that you have to call and ask for or look up. No bank on planet Earth is going to give someone a loan offer that lasts indefinitely. That would be terrible for business and extremely risky.

They don't typically say it in the email, tbh. There's usually a company policy that you have to call and ask for or look up. No bank on planet Earth is going to give someone a loan offer that lasts indefinitely. That would be terrible for business and extremely risky.
yea, i hear that, this is from the order status page on my account, email I didn't ever get anything from usbank or anything on my trade for that matter on anything specific. alls i got is what is in that page. oh well, maybe it'll still be valid in June when I get mine :D

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers
I have the exact same thing!
I’m sure Tesla wouldn’t have us apply for a new loan either and have another credit pull either. If they do then that’s extremely unprofessional on their end and also bad for business. I’m sure and hope it’s nothing to worry about until the VIN is assigned and it’s time to put the down payment and sign those papers.

speaking of which, my VIN appeared on my account! It’s 5YJSA9R1LF00L5

🤪

Question: has anyone been to their Tesla stores the last few days? Did yours also sell literally everything out of the store?

I know they have done this in the past, but typically its when there is a change to the cars of some kind (for example, the new Model 3 interior).

I've been to a handful of stores over the past week in a few cities - they sold out literally everything...all test cars, all showroom cars.

I guess they are going to bring in the new center console Model Y - but also am guessing they are planning on having refreshed Model S cars as well.

Question: has anyone been to their Tesla stores the last few days? Did yours also sell literally everything out of the store?

I know they have done this in the past, but typically its when there is a change to the cars of some kind (for example, the new Model 3 interior).

I've been to a handful of stores over the past week in a few cities - they sold out literally everything...all test cars, all showroom cars.

I guess they are going to bring in the new center console Model Y - but also am guessing they are planning on having refreshed Model S cars as well.
That is pretty typical end-of-qtr behavior -- they will sell everything they can and its a good time to try and get a deal on any inventory they have sitting around and the demos.

Reactions: foos
I can confirm, I'm in Austin and received the text message. I ordered in early March with the 10 to 14-week delivery estimate.
I have the exact same thing!

I’m sure Tesla wouldn’t have us apply for a new loan either and have another credit pull either. If they do then that’s extremely unprofessional on their end and also bad for business. I’m sure and hope it’s nothing to worry about until the VIN is assigned and it’s time to put the down payment and sign those papers.

speaking of which, my VIN appeared on my account! It’s 5YJSA9R1LF00L5

🤪
Nice one! Made us think for a second! ;)