Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As is the Tesla way, you might see new tail lights as a running change where they'll start using new tail lights as they run out of the old style tall lights. I think the Model 3 and Y folks are going though this right now with a switchover to new headlights or something.

I will also warn you that to expect some upgrade within a year that will thoroughly irritate you. With my S, it was parking sensors the month after I took delivery. My my X (a vehicle that was 2 years late), the introduced AP2 9 months after they started shipping the cars. You mostly gotta shrug and move on--rapid innovation is the Tesla way and you kinda gotta love them for that (I have thoughts the the AP1/AP2 thing, but that's for another thread).

Oh, yeah, delivery still says "March"

As is the Tesla way, you might see new tail lights as a running change where they'll start using new tail lights as they run out of the old style tall lights. I think the Model 3 and Y folks are going though this right now with a switchover to new headlights or something.

I will also warn you that to expect some upgrade within a year that will thoroughly irritate you. With my S, it was parking sensors the month after I took delivery. My my X (a vehicle that was 2 years late), the introduced AP2 9 months after they started shipping the cars. You mostly gotta shrug and move on--rapid innovation is the Tesla way and you kinda gotta love them for that (I have thoughts the the AP1/AP2 thing, but that's for another thread).

Oh, yeah, delivery still says "March"
true. i would've expected new lights on the test cars though - wouldn't you want to make sure your new brake lights work? i think they just aren't planning it right this moment. they may do it q3/q4, or before plaid+.

Reactions: omarsultan
Waiting out a Plaid+. If I buy a model 3 will I be in a good resale position by next summer (or whenever the hell they around to releasing the plaid+). Do used model 3s sell well? I have noticed that prices of a new model 3 are equal or cheaper than a used model 3. I do not understand this dynamic nor its effect on the used market.

I actually just purchased a Volt from Carvana. If I like it enough, I may just cancel the Model S refresh order and wait until Lucid Air/R1T and some other EV options pop up over the next 12 months or so. Now, if I hate the car, then I'll probably keep the Model S order and cry myself to sleep every night.

Thanks for the Leaf suggestion, though! I do a lot of road trips, unfortunately (like, 10,000 miles a year worth). The Leaf also isn't my cup of tea for looks (though, the Volt is also strange).

I'm also considering a Model 3/Y purchase, but I'd prefer to wait and see what updates they can make to those cars and any pricing drops this year.
Yep - I'd never suggest a Leaf for a big road-tripper. Personally - I'm curious about the Ariya - which may show up by EOY.

Supposedly will have about a 300 mile range with available AWD - in a kinda cross-overy package.

Reactions: Tigers

Looks like more photos of that same model s spotted in Florida.
Again, I think this has to be a showroom/SC “test” MS LR vehicle so people can test drive it...but when? Sounds like the OP didn't take a test drive but why? Why don’t the people who go take these pictures and post them actually go ask the Tesla SA’s what the story is with that vehicle and if can they go test drive it and then post the details??? There seems to be no other explanation why a new refreshed MS LR would end up in Ft Lauderdale, FL without a single production vehicle being delivered to customers in my opinion. I suppose I could go down to Ft Lauderdale Tesla and ask, but no offense, I think it would just frustrate me to talk to those guys who know nothing, haha. Since I already test drove a 2020 MS Performance with 800HP/TQ, I get it...no need for me to test drive the refreshed MS. I would rather just wait for my MS Plaid to be delivered.

Last edited:
Again, I think this has to be a showroom/SC “test” MS LR vehicle so people can test drive it...but when? Sounds like the OP didn't take a test drive but why? Why don’t the people who go take these pictures and post them actually go ask the Tesla SA’s what the story is with that vehicle and if can they go test drive it and then post the details??? There seems to be no other explanation why a new refreshed MS LR would end up in Ft Lauderdale, FL without a single production vehicle being delivered to customers in my opinion.

Just a note: It has chrome side repeater cameras, normal wheel and previous gen seats. Can't imagine it'll be used for test drives

Just a note: It has chrome side repeater cameras, normal wheel and previous gen seats. Can't imagine it'll be used for test drives
It's been reported that the refreshed MS LR may indeed come with the regular steering wheel while it's possible they may reserve the yoke style steering wheel for the Plaid. Sorry not seeing the chrome on the side cameras; looks all blacked out to me but maybe my 52 year old eyes are aging faster, lol. And not sure about the seats...looks like they be the older seats (not ventilated front?) but hard to tell.

It's been reported that the refreshed MS LR may indeed come with the regular steering wheel while it's possible they may reserve the yoke style steering wheel for the Plaid. Sorry not seeing the chrome on the side cameras; looks all blacked out to me but maybe my 52 year old eyes are aging faster, lol. And not sure about the seats...looks like they be the older seats (not ventilated front?) but hard to tell.
They are all bad reports. All LR orders explicitly say Yoke.

The "crash test car" post on Twitter really has me thinking. It seems strange that entirely new crash testing would be required by NHTSA for a minor exterior refresh. I wonder what change or changes specifically required crash (re)testing and did that catch Tesla off guard on their delivery timeline? Hmmm... Oh and my Plaid+ is still sitting at "Prepare for Delivery" as it has for many months.

Last edited: