Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one of the least patient people I know. But I have an extra car and really desire to purchase my first ev. I have decided that I will not see delivery until June. But I will stick it out until end of June. After that, I am going back to my MB dealer and get an ev in a few years. I need a new toy. Just my nature.
Ordered my S LR December 15th. 6 months without a real update would push me to the limit.
MB ECS debut in 14 days

Delivery in fall for US.

Worth keeping an eye on.

Well, it's official. Zero production of S/X in Q1.

Of course- be on your toes for the plunging trade-in offer during your eternal wait...
I have had to refresh my offer twice and it dropped $700 the first time and $800 the second time. It is a Honda Accord with like 140,000 miles on it, so my driving it to and from work for a grand total of about 500 miles each one of those time periods must be REALLY changing the value according to their calculations. I am just going to use Carvana at this point, because they are offering me exactly the same price as the original offer. I feel like if the reason that they need to keep updating the timing is because they are missing the delivery timeline, they should honor the original offer. Obviously barring any ridiculous change in the cars condition, but normal driving should not bring the value down like that...they just know they have the power of convenience

Reactions: cascadilla
I have had to refresh my offer twice and it dropped $700 the first time and $800 the second time. It is a Honda Accord with like 140,000 miles on it, so my driving it to and from work for a grand total of about 500 miles each one of those time periods must be REALLY changing the value according to their calculations. I am just going to use Carvana at this point, because they are offering me exactly the same price as the original offer. I feel like if the reason that they need to keep updating the timing is because they are missing the delivery timeline, they should honor the original offer. Obviously barring any ridiculous change in the cars condition, but normal driving should not bring the value down like that...they just know they have the power of convenience
yeah. i was pretty sure i would just use tesla trade in at first, but now i'm leaning more towards carvana / carmax / kbb.

still, could be worse. the acura dealership i bought it from tried offering me 14% less than tesla, which was already lower than all of the trade in services. that insulting offer basically confirmed i'll never go to that dealership again.

“The new Model S and Model X have also been exceptionally well received, with the new equipment installed and tested in Q1 and we are in the early stages of ramping production.”

Early stages of production 🤦🏽‍♂️
Better than “we are waiting on equipment“ or “production difficulties will delay deliveries til q3”

yeah. i was pretty sure i would just use tesla trade in at first, but now i'm leaning more towards carvana / carmax / kbb.

still, could be worse. the acura dealership i bought it from tried offering me 14% less than tesla, which was already lower than all of the trade in services. that insulting offer basically confirmed i'll never go to that dealership again.
my best offer for my 2017 S was from Vroom. A full $5k higher than the others and Tesla as well.

My model S sold for cash in one day on a Tesla specific FB group. Asking price. 8k more than Tesla. Bought a 6500 beater to tide me over and take out when it rains once Tesla arrives 😃

This is where I am at. Thinking of just buying something really cheap that I could turn around and sell for what I paid for it in 6 months or something.

Reactions: MattCharleston
Note that nothing says that the testing and equipment installation were complete in Q1. Nor is there any reason to believe that "early stages of ramping production" means anything more than testing and installing equipment.

I agree with you - let me start by saying that.

But, if this were a normal company, I read the text as "testing and tool installation was completed in Q1 and now we have moved to the early stages of ramping production"

But, this is not a normal company. Also telling they didn't give any timeline to add on top of the good delivery news "we expect the first Model S cars to be in the hands of consumers over the next few weeks" or "by end of the month".

So, I think you are right. They gave the most nebulous update they possibly could. Not to mention, my account page still says "March" so, not exactly a fantastic update.

Last edited: