Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a 4 time Tesla owner with a Model S refresh ordered 1/1/21 and didn't get any txt or email so....I am not sure there is anything to get excited about your chat quite yet.
I wouldn’t call it exactly excitement (except to get my new S, of course). I have not received any emails or texts. About once a month I just ask for an update via the website chat feature. I’m a squeaky wheel.

Just got this update via chat after the rep said my profile looked good and complete.

At this time, we do not have an update on delivery for your Model S, however, I do have you set as priority delivery. This means you will be one of the first Model S Refreshed model owners to receive their vehicle!

Not clear why I’m set as priority. Because I’m a current Tesla owner or because I’m in CA? Or maybe they say that to everyone. Anyone know what this means?

Ordered 1/30. RN11444 MS LR Red/Black 19” FSD
Interesting. I’m a current MS owner in CA with RN11441 ordered 1/27 and no such communication. Actually, no communication whatsoever.

Reactions: boonedocks
Interesting. I’m a current MS owner in CA with RN11441 ordered 1/27 and no such communication. Actually, no communication whatsoever.
They didn’t reach out to me. I asked for an update using the website chat feature (on the custom order page). Thought it was a bot, but seems like a real person, but it DOES look like they have a bunch of canned responses available to them to copy and paste.

They didn’t reach out to me. I asked for an update using the website chat feature (on the custom order page). Thought it was a bot, but seems like a real person, but it DOES look like they have a bunch of canned responses available to them to copy and paste.

The heartwarming part of the chats is that they are sincere in being "just as excited" as you are to see the new vehicle.

I prefer chrome over shiny black plastic any day. For anyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about take a look at a model three/Y in the sun with the black satin trim and then take a look at any Land Rover product or any other product with tons of shiny black plastic and see for yourself. Swirl central. 🤮
You can have both....chrome, then delete it with the self healing black PPF😁

I do not know the quality of the Tesla trim and if it will be as durable and "fixable".
The used to have a high gloss "Piano Black" trim option--I think it was the base config. IIRC, it held up well, but never looked great because it was a dust and fingerprint magnet.

Regarding the screen, there is no indication that it has changed. Test mules have shown it "fixed" and tilted. This just seems to be in the stowed position. My guess is that production units will still tilt.
That is what I also noticed about the pics posted this morning--that tabled looks firmly mounted in place like the 3/Y. Also the big black beam stretching across the all glass roof

For those of you who don't care that it doesn't tilt, that's not what you are going to think when you are reaching across the damn screen to tap some button.
IIRC from the v11 UX leak, buttons and other things you interact with while you are driving are mostly on the left half of the screen, so that should be OK. I am not sure if they mirror the display in RHD countries.

Have you had a nice "chat" as the OP had 🤣 😂 by the way.....neither have I
Yeah the people in those chats are less than useless! I got my lease approval while ordering and saw last night that lease approval is only valid for 90 days. I PING'd the chat team and asked about it and 3 different dopes are like "yeah not to worry, we'll just have to reapply if the car isn't ready yet". HUH? Yeah just keep dinging someone's credit? 3 people...zero viable answers!

Interesting Yoke observation.......gotta look close.
1620757155563.png

• Informative
Reactions: croman and T-Racer
This is old news as well. You can find us talking about that about 100 pages ago lmao 🤣
This entire thread is a cycle, typical flow:

Yolk or Regular Steering 3+ pages
Yolk Approval 2+pages
Chip Shortage 1+page
Fremont Permits 1+ page
Free supercharger miles 3+pages
Random text from SA with zero useful info. 2+pages
Tesla Account Down, Updates coming 1+ page

end of day, we are in the same position.