Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an update from my SA today. He said news from him would be bad news. News from him would mean an extreme delay.

As far as deliveries, we have not received any updates regarding timeframes. However, I would only receive notice about extreme delays. Anything outside of that would be reserved for the Delivery Team.

In my opinion, no news is good news! News from me, regarding Delivery updates would be an extreme delay.

Then again I'm in my delivery window right now from when I ordered.

Where did you purchase the extended warranty? Does it cover tires/wheels?
Tesla seems to hide this, which is distressing, and then only allows it for the Model S and X--what message does that send?

I really wish they'd just make it standard across the board as a product differentiator and as a way to keep track of repairs for the first eight years. That would be an awesome way to track failures and do root cause analysis to make for more reliable Teslas, but Tesla has to care more about this issue; that may be a bridge too far.

Wheels and tires are not covered AFAIK:

There are hundreds of S's in the flyover video!!!!!!
4143ED3F-0083-41E3-A3C4-419A8918B9BD.png
I know our cars are in there somewhere, I just know it. 🤪

Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
It's funny...when y'all were getting profile updates and June/July/August dates last week, I was super excited in the moment for deliveries to be 'finally, finally' imminent and this waiting phase to be over. At the same time, I also felt slight disappointment that the wait was indeed going to be over. With things like this, more than half the fun is the anticipation and when you get the vaunted product in hand, a little bit of the magic dies almost (at least with me). It was the same with Google Nexus 4, Nintendo Wii - both of which were really hard to get products, to a smaller extent with the iPhone 4, and then later with the Model 3.

I am hoping this is different, though! I still want the car in my hands and in my garage ASAP even if it means that on Day 2 of possession, it reverts to 'oh it's just my Tesla NBD' status.

I am hoping this is different, though! I still want the car in my hands and in my garage ASAP even if it means that on Day 2 of possession, it reverts to 'oh it's just my Tesla NBD' status.
If you drive it all the time, it'll probably move to NBD status. I plan to only drive mine on nice days.

My 3000GT never came out during the winter. When spring rolled around, and I took her out for that first spin, it felt brand new and exciting all over again. And that was for a 27 year old car that I owned for 17 years. It's going to take me a long time to get jaded over my Tesla.

If you drive it all the time, it'll probably move to NBD status. I plan to only drive mine on nice days.

My 3000GT never came out during the winter. When spring rolled around, and I took her out for that first spin, it felt brand new and exciting all over again. And that was for a 27 year old car that I owned for 17 years. It's going to take me a long time to get jaded over my Tesla.
Oh, it's going to be my daily driver/commute car. When I traded in my Audi S5 for the Model 3 in 2018, it was transformational for my 25 mile daily commute! It still stresses me out thinking about my car idling on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic. I know it probably sounds crazy stupid but it was a like a switch flipped in my head. Haven't owned an ICE car since.