Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Thread,
I'm Performance #102. I have no information on my delivery date. I also own Roadster 2.0 #662

I received email today that my delivery would be scheduled for "Sept 11 to Sept 22. Special Sig 77.
I are making great progress

sofaterra, is it perhaps that your reservation sequence number is 102 (SSL #102) ?
And your VIN ends with 77 ?

Because here Roblab says he is SSL #77:
Model S Deliveries - latest actual info on dates and vehicles being delivered | Forums | Tesla Motors

I'm SSL #117, looks like I should be expecting an email soon. The last time I talked to someone at Tesla was on 8/20 and I was told that my car was "just over the horizon" and that delivery would almost certainly be in September and probably be in early September. It's been a little over two years since I put my deposit down (8/27/10), then upgraded to Signature a couple of months later (10/20/10). My only other car is my 2010 Roadster so I'm ready for something a little more practical. Not that I'll be getting rid of the Roadster...

sofaterra, is it perhaps that your reservation sequence number is 102 (SSL #102) ?
And your VIN ends with 77 ?

Because here Roblab says he is SSL #77:
Model S Deliveries - latest actual info on dates and vehicles being delivered | Forums | Tesla Motors

sofaterra can be SSL #77 too, if he wants. His RN is after mine, but his delivery date window is almost the same. Works for me. With him in Texas, I will probably pick mine up first, with factory tour and factory delivery.

sofaterra can be SSL #77 too, if he wants. His RN is after mine, but his delivery date window is almost the same. Works for me. With him in Texas, I will probably pick mine up first, with factory tour and factory delivery.

Well, if someone likes "77", I'd guess it's better to be VIN 77 since that lasts longer. :) But as long as you don't pick up each other's car...

I'm SSL#40, VIN#37, Roadster VIN#433 and got the good news that my car is ready in Fremont as of yesterday. Now I will have to see how long it takes for transport and prep in Denver before I take delivery in Colorado! I am getting the paint armor and I believe that is being applied in Denver, adding at least a day to the schedule. After 3.5 years, what's a few days, but...

> I'm SSL#40, VIN#37, Roadster VIN#433 and got the good news that my car is ready in Fremont as of yesterday.

Congrats! Good to hear these beauties are beginning to head up here into the Rockies. Is this 'ready in Fremont' like it would be ok for you to appear in Fremont with your own trailer & cart it off over the horizon?? Come winter when mine will be ready, I just might be tempted.
--

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Good to hear these beauties are beginning to head up here into the Rockies. Is this 'ready in Fremont' like it would be ok for you to appear in Fremont with your own trailer & cart it off over the horizon?? Come winter when mine will be ready, I just might be tempted.
--

California Revenue would be most grateful for the additional sales tax payment.

I'll post pictures when my S arrives. The real issue is how long will it take to get the S to Colorado from California and how long until Tesla can put on the paint armor, prep, and deliver it.

Last time I looked, California had an export protocol where you did not have to pay California sales tax, but you had to remove the vehicle from the state within a few days. That schedule did not fit in with my idea of a Napa/Sonoma/Sierra vacation as part of the pickup.

I'd be very surprised if the paint armor was installed at the local service center. Knowing TM's quality standards, I would assume they would want tighter control over it, and also someone who does this job often, not as a small percentage of their job.

No, Tesla would have already paid my County Clerk, as they have already planned to do anyway. They are 'set up' to pay $ale$ tax in this manner.
--

Ah, I was assuming you aren't a CA resident.

Under California law, in order to be exempt from CA sales tax the car dealer must deliver to the customer outside California.

See http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub34.pdf

CA pub34 said:
Vehicles purchased for use outside California
You are generally not required to report tax on a vehicle that is sold and delivered for use outside California. You must establish that the vehicle was delivered to the purchaser outside California (for example, delivered by your employee or by common carrier), and that the purchaser did not take possession of the vehicle in California.

(I only know about this, because there's a CA dealer who has sold many Priuses to out-of-state members on PriusChat. If the buyer wants to reduce delivery fees they'll ship it to a point just over the border where they can meet the transporter.)

The paint armor is normally done at the factory, except if it is a last minute add on like mine.

Tesla has a custom body shop in Denver, Global Collision, that does great work on high end cars, do all of their speciality finish work. Global did the repair on my Roadster after an SUV backed into me and destroyed my carbon hood. Tesla sent them an unfinished hood, Global put it on, and matched the paint to where it is nearly impossible to tell there was a repair.

Tesla told me that it would be simpler (and quicker) in their process to have Global apply the paint armor. Given my experience, I agreed.