Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon checking each car can also be viewed as a negative. For Telsa to be a successful operation, quality control will have to be delegated to a group of managers.

Once production ramps up he obviously won't be able to personally inspect cars. But it's reasonable at the current rates to inspect each car personally--early quality is one of the major issues that determines the future of the company. Far more important than a board meeting!

Elon checking each car can also be viewed as a negative. For Telsa to be a successful operation, quality control will have to be delegated to a group of managers.

I think it's a positive provided that he's setting a high bar for what is considered acceptable. The people who will eventually handle these inspections on a day to day basis need to have high standards, and hopefully Elon is setting them accordingly!

Anybody have a working theory on the 3 delta? Is this an out of order production thing, 3 SSL cancellations, or something else?

Probably a combination of people moving to production, at least one person getting bumped up to Founder's series or others possibly just cancelations. The difference between my VIN and Sequence number is over 20.

Drove by the factory on I-880 on the way back from a party. Lots of cars in the parking lot; they are surely working this weekend!

And, can't be too sure (at that distance going at 75 mph) but, the tent area where we took test rides from back in October and where we test drove cars from during the June Get Amped event seems to be hosting a few cars that looked like the Model S! A couple of white ones for sure. This might be the delivery area at the factory?!

Just got an email that our car (SSL 32, VIN 29) is in final assembly. Since there was some holdup specific to our vehicle we're getting more updates I guess. From there it goes to Quality Control, then delivery prep.

At least one car moved from SSL to founders, for Rod and Barbara. Maybe two deferrals/drop back to production/cancellation?

Just got an email that our car (SSL 32, VIN 29) is in final assembly. Since there was some holdup specific to our vehicle we're getting more updates I guess. From there it goes to Quality Control, then delivery prep.

At least one car moved from SSL to founders, for Rod and Barbara. Maybe two deferrals/drop back to production/cancellation?

what color is it GGR?